Contemporary and Traditional Catholic Weddings

Merrifield, VA View map Visit website

$700 Typical Price

Contemporary and Traditional Catholic Weddings is a wedding officiant service based in Merrifield, Virginia, that facilitates ceremonies for to-be-weds in the state of Virginia. Father Jason C. Lody is a licensed officiant based in the parish of Saint Anthony of Padua, a member of the American National Catholic Church. This officiant service offers a wedding ceremony free of judgment and distinct from those available through the Roman Catholic Church.

Booking a ceremony through Contemporary and Traditional Catholic Weddings is straightforward, with staff readily available for contact. Father Jason understands the importance of your special day and thus guarantees that he will commit to a maximum of one wedding per day. This officiant is willing to help personalize your ceremony and travel to your wedding venue. He is licensed to conduct ceremonies in the states of Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, and New York.

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$700

Which of the following are included in the price?

Premarital Counseling

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$700

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$100

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal

What services do you provide?

Premarital Counseling
Bilingual

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Anglican
No Denomination
Orthodox Christian
Presbyterian
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.
30-60 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

DC
MD
NJ
NY
VA
WV

What languages do you speak?

English
Spanish
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

• Clare and Matthew Barry
    Matthew B. Married on 01/14/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best officiant for all ceremonies!!

Father Jason was a perfect officiant for our ceremony. He was able to blend in aspects of a Catholic ceremony while also keeping it very personal to us and our relationship. We met with him multiple times and he was very receptive to our wants and needs and crafted the most perfect ceremony.
  • Z
    Zachary M. Married on 04/08/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The World should have more Jason's!

Groom. 4/8/2022

When my wife and I first got engaged, we faced a discouraging anxiety what to do about our officiant. My family is Catholic, and sat me down to say "the only thing we ask of your wedding is that you get married in a church." My wife's family is non-religious, with some members adamantly opposing religion altogether. Already we were juggling heavy demands, and without even thinking about what we wanted as a couple. Personally, I was also torn, as someone who has the utmost respect for my family heritage, but who hopes for a more inclusive world in the idea of marriage. The point to all this backstory being: we were convinced that someone would walk away from our ceremony unhappy. And then combine this with a global pandemic which delayed our wedding 18 months, and the anxieties were fully brewed.

However, Fr. Jason is truly a pioneer ahead of his time, and he brought so much joy and calm to our big day. He listened to our perspectives, and somehow magically weaved together a script that did the impossible: everyone walked away from the ceremony happy. My family was beyond thankful that although it wasn't a church, we had chosen a priest. And my wife's family did not feel out of place with too many unrelatable references. Most of all, we could tell that Fr. Jason truly reflected on our story together as a couple, and reminded us to make room for our special memories as a couple too! He even helped me coordinate/announce a surprise vow reading that my wife had no idea was happening. And I mention again, all of this patience throughout an extended wedding timeline we, nor he, knew we signed up for.

My wish for other couples out there is that they find someone with the grace and peace of mind that Fr. Jason gave to us during the most important moment of our lives. If you're reading this, he is the real deal, and I hope that other communities around the world have a Jason-equivalent making these realities possible outside the DMV area too.
  • Mara
    Mara N. Married on 11/14/2021

Perfect officiant!

Father Jason was wonderful! We wanted to have a Catholic wedding ceremony but not a full mass, and one that allowed for a little more flexibility such as not having the ceremony in a church and adding readings that were not scripture. Father Jason was more than happy to accommodate our preferences into the ceremony and make it our own. He was very friendly, positive, and easy to work with. Absolutely recommend!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

5649 Mount Gilead Road Merrifield, VA, 22120
Location of (Contemporary and Traditional Catholic Weddings)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding