Interfaith Weddings Reviews

14 | Silver Spring, MD

14 Reviews for Interfaith Weddings

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Reverend Gaffney was a joy to work with - we loved our first introductory meeting with him, hearing his philosophies on life, and listening to his advice and counsel on marriage. He is a really interesting guy and helps you develop a wedding ceremony that is totally customized to your beliefs, venue, etc.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Father Gaffney was wonderful! He married my husband I on September 27, 2014 in a beautiful outdoor ceremony. Father Gaffney is very caring, patient and friendly. He truly listens to you and personalizes the ceremony for you. On our wedding day, my husband and I were pleasantly surprised at how much Father Gaffney listened to our stories and our requests in the pre-ceremony meetings, which made our day even more perfect. “Welcome to paradise. The weather is always like this here” he said.
    We received many compliments on how beautiful the ceremony was. We loved him on our wedding day and still love him as we watched our wedding video again.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Ashley · Married on 09/05/2014

Rev. Gaffney was the sweetest man. My Husband and I were so happy to meet with him 2 times before the wedding. He and his wife were so kind to invite us to their house and we had long conversations about life in general. We never felt pressured to think a certain way and we throughly enjoyed our time with the Rev. Our wedding day was great and Rev. Gaffney wrote a great speech about us and our journey into marriage. He is very responsive and you won't regret working with him.

Sent on 12/04/2014

Rev. Gaffney was a fantastic officiant for our ceremony on 10/19/13. We especially enjoyed the two meetings that we had with Rev. Gaffney leading up to our wedding day. He really takes the time to get to know you as a couple and works with you to make sure you understand the importance of communication and love. Rev. Gaffney really gives you the opportunity to build and personalize your own ceremony. We truly enjoyed selecting the readings and prayers and it made our ceremony feel special and completely unique. He was also very responsive and flexible, especially when our wedding plans changed last minute!

Sent on 12/13/2013

Kevin · Married on 07/30/2011

Rev. Gaffney did a great job for us on our big day. He has a very interesting history, and he definately "got us". He provides lots of material to help you design your own ceremony and we used a lot of it yet he is very flexible and lets you put you own personality into it. We had a couple of sessions which was very helpful for us to get to know each other. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful venue which inpired him to add a little of his own touch and it was a very nice touch. It turned out that he had also married some friends of ours. It is a small and wonderful wolrd. We highly recommend Rev. Gaffney and could not have been happier with his work.

Sent on 08/18/2011

Tammy · Married on 07/17/2010

Rev. Gaffney is an absolute pleasure to work with. He is very kind and patient. He provided us information so that we can create our own special ceremony -- he assured us that our wedding day was all about us and it was. I highly recommend Rev. Gaffney.

Sent on 07/23/2010

Heather · Married on 10/12/2008

Reverend Gaffney was absolutely amazing to work with. We not only had him offiate our wedding, but also attended counseling sessions with him, as well. We found him to be extremely thoughtful, compassionate, and very wise.

Both my now-husband and I were actually sad when our sessions with Rev. Gaffney ended.

He's a fabulous reverend and an amazing human being.

Sent on 10/30/2008

Molly · Married on 07/03/2008

We had a wonderful experience with Rev. Gaffney. He responded to our questions promptly (even while he was vacationing in Mexico!), and took our frequent changes to our ceremony in stride. The workbook he provided as a jumping-off point to creating a unique and personal ceremony was extremely helpful, and his open-mindedness allowed us to create vows that were truly meaningful to us as a couple.

Sent on 09/15/2008

Beth · Married on 10/24/2008

Rev. John was a wonderful officiant for our wedding ceremony! He met with us twice prior to our wedding to discuss our needs, plan for and create a personal ceremony, and even offered information for healthy marriages. He is bi-lingual in English and Spanish, and did both for our wedding. He was very warm and genuine, and did an excellent job!

Sent on 11/11/2008
  • Chels

Chelsea · Married on 09/20/2008

Reverend John Gaffney did a beautiful job with our ceremony. Although, he did get confused when we arranged ourselves according to Jewish tradition (the bride’s family was on the right) and kept looking at the father-of-the-groom when he was referring to the father-of-the-bride (plus he called my dad by the wrong name). However, it made for some very funny stories and it really was no big deal at all. Overall, we were very happy that we asked Reverend Gaffney to preside over our wedding.

Sent on 10/10/2008

Rev. Gaffney officiated our wedding ceremony about 2 weeks ago and also provided a bit of premarital counseling. My husband and I felt comfortable with him from the start and the more we got to know him, the more we knew he would be the perfect person to marry us. We had a beautiful bi-lingual ceremony ceremony with the help of Rev. Gaffney and our interpreter. The only reason he did not get a 5/5 is because he was late for the ceremony (which may have been due to the huge traffic jam, but still) and because he prepared an unexpected (yet beautiful) speech which our translator was unprepared to translate to my fiance's family. Overall, I would suggest Rev. Gaffney because he has beautiful rhetoric and really knows how to make everybody feel comfortable on the potentially most stressful day of your life!

Sent on 09/05/2012

Michelle · Married on 10/06/2007

3.5

Reverand John did a great job. He forgot my name once during the ceremony, but it was not such a big deal. He is a personable, sincere, warm man. Most of all, he is very flexible.

Sent on 10/30/2007
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 04/28/2012

4.2

Rev. Gaffney married us on April 28th, 2012 in Arlington, VA. He is one of the sweetest people on this planet and felt like he could be family. He is very open minded and had the perfect demeanor for what we wanted in our wedding ceremony. He seemed genuinely interested and happy for my now-husband and I, and during the 2 pre-wedding sessions we had before the big day, he really learned a lot about our relationship, our families, and what we wanted our future together to hold. It was wonderful to meet Rev. Gaffney and I would definitely recommend him.

Sent on 06/22/2012

3.4
      2.5
      3.0
      2.0

Rev. Gaffney was pleasant to talk to and we had two great meetings prior to our wedding. He is a very insightful and interesting person. The only complaint we have for him was that the certificate he signed on the day of the wedding was dated wrong!!!!! We acknowledge that we are humans and do make mistakes but his willingness to help us rectify the situation was simply pathetic. A month later, we are still holding a wrongly dated certificate! Though it's also because of bad timing as government was shut down, we'll now need to take time off from work and be in line again to get this corrected. ANNOYING is the best I can describe my experience with the Rev.

Sent on 10/27/2013