Hint of Shimmer Reviews

58 | Austin, TX

58 Reviews for Hint of Shimmer

Caitlin · Married on 05/19/2018

Hint of Shimmer is fantastic! All of my girls absolutely loved their hair and make up. My hair and make up held up through the Texas heat all night! Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Grainne · Married on 05/11/2018

Great experience all round. Lauren did a fantastic job on my make up for my wedding. We talked over the style I liked and she totally nailed it. She did an equally amazing job on my bridesmaids. My make up stayed on all day/night and other than one extra lipstick application after dinner, it didn't need touched up once. Will definitely work with Lauren again when I require a MUA for future events.

Sent on 05/28/2018

Lexi · Married on 05/05/2018

Lauren and her team are amazing! From the completed product, to working with them on pre-wedding details they were easy to work with and made me feel confident that I wouldn't have to worry about my hair or make up on the wedding day. (priceless) I felt great and got lots of compliments, I really couldn't have asked for a better experience.

If you are looking for a team that will work with you to achieve your own unique wedding look then hurry up now and book A Hint of Shimmer!

Sent on 05/21/2018

April · Married on 05/04/2018

I loved working with Lauren. From the first time I emailed her, she was so responsive and also super friendly and easy to deal with, which put my mind at ease. She had no problem taking the time to answer questions, or queries that I had - whether over email or in person when we did my trial, and on top of all that, she's really, really talented.
    In all honesty, I was a little nervous even booking hair and makeup as I'm from the UK and we tend to be a bit more conservative with makeup than Americans! When I went for my trial I wasn't even sure if I wanted the fake eyelashes, but thought (since it was the trial and all) I would give them a go. I'm so glad that I did - Lauren applies them one at a time for a really natural, but at the same time dramatic, look. And the airbrush foundations she uses is the stuff of legends - stayed on all day (on a very very humid, rainy day) without me even feeling it. The overall look was perfect for me - still pretty light and natural, but definitely enhancing everything in all the right ways. I know that Lauren really listened to what I wanted, but also she and Kelly (who looked after my wedding party's hair) asked all the right questions to get a sense for my style and what I'd be comfortable with - taking into account my dress, the venue, my personal style etc.
    I'd recommend Lauren and Kelly to anyone - I just wish I was getting married again so that I could have them make me look that good all over again. I had already reached out to several different people and businesses before I found Lauren. I found some of them quite inflexible on packages (e.g. wouldn't take a booking for fewer than five people), some of them over expensive, some took a long time to get back to me, and some were just business-like to the point of being brusque (it's a wedding after all, I want to work with people who seem friendly and excited for me). I found Lauren through Yelp and totally agree with all her awesome reviews.

Sent on 05/21/2018

Amelia · Married on 05/01/2018

I loved my makeup! The airbrush foundation she uses is super light making it feel like I want even wearing any. She also has a relaxing air about her, which on the big day is extremely helpful.

Sent on 05/25/2018
  • Tracy

Tracy · Married on 01/13/2018

Lauren is an absolute dream to work with!
    She is professional and makes the makeup process relaxed and enjoyable. The makeup for my wedding lasted all day (tears and all) and I felt absolutely beautiful. She truly brought the look I imagined to life!
    She did a fantastic job managing my entire wedding party and coordinating with my hair dresser to make sure we stayed on time. I can guarantee if you choose her to do your makeup, you will not be disappointed!
    Thank you Lauren!

Sent on 02/10/2018

Natalie · Married on 12/31/2017

What an amazing day our wedding was! A large part of this was the work of Victoria (hair) and Lauren (makeup). My hair and makeup trials were handled with as much care as the day of the wedding. Both of these ladies worked to make sure that each of the bridesmaids, the mothers of the groom and bride, and the bride had their hair and makeup exactly they way we had envisioned. For example, Lauren changed my lip color at least three times! Yikes--that sounds like a crazy bride moment--and she handled it with style and finesse. Fantastic work--kudos!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Rebecca · Married on 11/19/2017

I loved working with Lauren and was so grateful that she did my makeup for my bridals and wedding day! She was very reasonably priced and my makeup felt natural and looked beautiful!!

Sent on 01/01/2018

Lia · Married on 11/18/2017

I am so lucky I found Lauren! I am someone who does not wear makeup and was really worried about needing a face of makeup on my wedding day. She nailed it, I felt pretty and comfortable. My wedding was out in kind of a funky place and she arrived on time and was super professional. She got right in with the craziness and did a great job.

Sent on 01/02/2018

Kerry · Married on 11/11/2017

I could not have been more happy with Lauren! My trial went well and it seemed even better the day of my wedding! My bridesmaids were all very impressed as well. I loved how she always got back to me immediately and was so accommodating. I would HIGHLY recommend using her. I do not wear a ton of make-up typically and she made it look so natural but beautiful. Thanks so much Lauren!!
    One more thing the airbrush lasted all day! Even with a little rain and I kept my eyelashes on even for a bit the next day!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Brittany · Married on 11/11/2017

Loved my wedding hair!!! Super fast, super classy and held all night!!

Thank you!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Meg · Married on 11/04/2017

We were so pleased with Lauren and Kelly!! We felt beautiful and cared for and they accommodated themselves to the space so effortlessly!!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Megan · Married on 10/20/2017

Lauren is amazing at what she does! She is quick to reply, always accommodating and such a fun personality! I absolutely recommend her services for your next event!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Melissa · Married on 04/09/2017

Amazing! Hint of Shimmer went beyond my expectations with their service and skill. Lauren is amazing! Even now as I look back on my wedding day pictures I am in awe of how great of a job she did. Flawless!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Jenny · Married on 12/03/2016

Lauren and her associate did a great job! My makeup lasted all day for my wedding. We even had a few photos taken in the rain before the ceremony and I felt my hair and make up still looked great through the evening.

Sent on 12/19/2016

Ashley · Married on 11/19/2016

Lauren was great.. She did a wonderful job on all my bridesmaids, mother of the bride, and myself. She listened to what everyone wanted and did exactly that, and everyone was beautiful! She also has a calm demeanor which is greatly appreciated in all the business of your wedding day. Would recommend her to all my friends!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Leslie · Married on 11/19/2016

Lauren was so amazing and professional! She came to me to do my make up and it was SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! I would highly recommend her!!!!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/30/2016

I can't even begin to express how impressed I am with Lauren and her team. From start to finish, she was a dream.
    Let's start with logistics... Communication is fantastic. She responds quickly to any correspondence and is extremely helpful. Her system for exchanging contracts, etc, was very easy and all online. It was one of the more convenient exchanges that I encountered during the planning process. She helped me set up a trial run for hair and make up. It was extremely convenient that she also provides a stylist for hair. That was one less thing that I had to seek out.
    Now for her services... Every single one of my girls (and my mom and my nieces) looked stunning. I have been in numerous weddings, and it is always a small point of anxiety wondering how the make up and hair will turn out for everyone. Lauren and her team did an amazing job at tailoring the make-up and hair styles to every girl! It suited them all, and everyone looked like "themselves" but extra gorgeous. They also handled a large number of girls beautifully! (I didn't have official bridesmaids, but my large house party spent the day with me and all opted for hair and make up.) They had us ready to go and looking beautiful right on schedule. I had so many genuine compliments the day of the wedding that I lost count. I can't thank them enough for a job well done. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Kathleen · Married on 10/01/2016

We used Hint of Shimmer with Lauren for both my engagement photos as well as for the wedding. She was amazing! She made booking and planning super easy. I also thought the website she uses for contracts and payments was extremely handy to use since I live out of town and have a busy work schedule so it was nice to have a convenient website to access.

I absolutely loved my whole wedding parties hair/makeup on the wedding day. I would highly recommend Hint of Shimmer to other brides!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Kati · Married on 09/24/2016

Lauren is amazing!!!! She made all of us look so beautiful, including the mother of the bride and groom! I used her for our engagement pictures as well and can't wait to use her for our maternity pics when we reach that chapter in our lives:) I can't thank her enough for working her magic! The airbrush is definitely the way to go.

Sent on 12/24/2016

Jenn · Married on 09/08/2016

I was an out-of-town bride, so knowing that I was going to be taken care of was a wonderful feeling!

Lauren did an outstanding job for my bridal makeup! I'm not normally a huge makeup fan, this should have been evident in the fact that I didn't even think about bridal makeup until the week before my wedding! Lauren was easy going, arrived early and was ready for any of my questions.

I looked beautiful coming down the aisle, tears and all, yet my makeup never smudged! Bonus, I didn't feel cakey so that was a huge plus!

I would recommend everyone to use Lauren and her folks for their big day! I was very much at ease knowing that I was in good hands!

Sent on 09/15/2016
  • Terra

Terra · Married on 02/13/2016

My wedding was in a different city than I live in so I was VERY nervous about getting someone to do my hair and makeup. I looked online and read reviews and something about Hint Of Shimmer just really stood out to me. I reached out to Lauren and she was super helpful through the whole thing. We emailed back and forth a lot and she was great with answering all my questions. I wasn’t sure I would be able to do a trail run for my hair and makeup but she was willing to work with me and I’m glad I did. Her and Kelly (I believe that was the hair lady) were really nice and quite funny. I’m a talker so they were able to put up with me for the trial run and the next day for the wedding. They showed up at our hotel room nice and early and worked their magic on my ladies and myself. They were very funny and easygoing. The makeup was wonderful. I don’t wear a lot of makeup so I always am nervous but she did a great job. Loved them both and would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 03/14/2016

Sharon · Married on 11/28/2015

Lauren of Hint of Shimmer is such a talented make up artist. At my daughter's wedding makeup trial she thoroughly discussed the look desired and fully achieved it at that trial. This gave the bride the confidence knowing that her makeup was going to be applied exactly as she wanted without any of the stress of doing it herself. Her hair was fabulous as was the hair for her 6 bridesmaids! Each requested their own style and each and every young woman looked beautiful! As individual as each hairstyle was, so were the makeup requests. Each bridesmaid looked gorgeous and I know the bride has never felt as beautiful as she did on her wedding day! Thank you Hint of Shimmer!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/09/2015

I spent hours looking for a wedding makeup artist. It was extremely difficult to make a decision since I lived out of state and could not do the trial first. I ended up finding Hint of Shimmer and immediately booked Lauren. I am so glad I did and I highly recommend her to any bride. To be honest, I was a little worried after my trial session since my makeup didn’t look exactly like I envisioned. So I email Lauren my thoughts and she listened to all of my concerns. She was extremely professional, very personable, and passionate about her craft. She also did an amazing job on my makeup along with my wedding party. She truly made me feel beautiful and confident on my big day.

Sent on 06/27/2015

My oh my, where to begin. Lauren is such a talented artist. She made me feel very beautiful, and my bridesmaids as well! She was very prompt on our wedding morning and even stayed late to work on an additional person. I would go back to Lauren again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/28/2015