Gadsby's Tavern Reviews

7 | Alexandria, VA

7 Reviews for Gadsby's Tavern

Steven · Married on 05/19/2016

I would defintely go and visit it as there are numerous rooms both inside and out and its quite a unique place with a lot of history. My team loved it.

Sent on 05/20/2016
  • User6372096 · 2+ years ago

We held our wedding reception at Gadsby's, and we couldn't have been happier with the results. Tricia was great with questions and my occasional lapses in memory. They were more than happy to accommodate the few changes we asked for, and suggested things that made things go smoothly. On the day the room looked beautiful and the staff was hard working and accommodating. The food is fantastic and is served in large portions. The menu we selected allowed for two meat-based dinner choices and one veggie option. This provided enough choice that everyone was about to get something they enjoyed.

Our wedding was small (less than 50 people), so we fit well in the space with plenty of room to move around. If you have a lot of people or are planning on having a wild dance party you may not have enough space. But for a quiet reception with a smaller group you can't do any better!

Sent on 02/17/2016

Pamela · Married on 06/07/2014

We had our small (18 people) wedding reception here in early March on a Saturday and we could not have been happier. We rented the back room, which holds up to 25 people. The back room offered privacy and enough space for everyone to move around and mingle. The service was exceptional! Tricia, was wonderful and made sure that we were satisfied with our arrangements. She made it very easy for us by allowing us flexibility of time and the option to drop off things earlier in the day. Furthermore, she added the menu that we picked out with our names on the top, which was a wonderful touch. Our waiter that evening made sure everyone had drinks and just went out of his way to make our day truly amazing. The food was amazing and the setting was exactly what we were looking for, historical and classy. Honestly, they made our evening easy and enjoyable for everyone and we could not have been more pleased with our choice!

Sent on 07/21/2014

This was an excellent venue just for its history, but it ended up having everything we could have hoped for in a venue for our wedding reception.

Jackie, the events coordinator, was extraordinarily helpful. We received several compliments about how good the food was. All the food was made to order and did not require guests to pre-order in their RSVPs (though this did require a longer dinner service). To top it off, the restaurant's decor was so nice that we did not have to spend any extra money on the table settings. The only drawback about Gadsby's was having three separate rooms, but Jackie was very helpful in setting up the tables for our needs. Additionally, we rented out the adjoining ballroom so there was a space for the toasts, cake-cutting and dancing.

We would definitely recommend Gadsby's as a venue for any event.

Sent on 10/06/2013
  • O

Kristin · Married on 06/30/2007

We loved the way Gadby's, particularly Paul and Jackie Carbe, took care of us before, during and after our wedding. They were happy to work with us to ensure a special evening with attention to the truly important details. They didn't bat an eyelid when our rowdy relatives took over their ballroom for 8 hours, either. Excellent food, amazing service, and all with a smile. We loved them! And the historic setting was unbeatable in a place like Old Town.
    Another perk with Gadsby's is that they allow your wedding guests to order their dinner upon arrival at the reception. No offense to any other reception sites, but I don't know right now what I will want for dinner in two months...I like that they let us choose that day :-)

Sent on 02/25/2008

Jennifer · Married on 02/22/2014

3.5

The people in the museum aren't so great to deal with, so I did not actually have my reception in the museum (upstairs part). I hosted my cocktail hour in the bar area of the tavern and dinner and dancing in the American Legion part (which is an addition to the tavern and can be accessed through a door behind the kitchen and also by a side door on Cameron St).

The staff of the tavern were responsive and accomodating. My wedding was planned in six weeks, so there was a bit of hair-on-fire and making decisions by leap of faith on our part, and I have very few complaints about them. The food was delicious and everyone was very happy with their meals.

I would recommend the tavern without reservation to other couples. They did a really lovely job.

Sent on 02/27/2015

Morgan · Married on 06/13/2016

2.8
      1.0
      2.5
      3.5

Great restaurant. The food was great and it is a great historical venue. My only complaint was how long it took for our guests to get their dinner. Dinner took nearly 3 hours for the event we had and many of our guests ended up leaving before dinner arrived because it took so long.

Sent on 06/27/2016