Davids Bridal Reviews

39 Reviews for Davids Bridal

Katie · Married on 08/14/2015

3.6
      3.5

I bought my wedding dress from David's Bridal, along with the bridesmaid dresses. One of my bridesmaids had a dress picked out in August, but we were not able to purchase until January, and at that time the dress had been discontinued, which DB had neglected to tell us about when we originally found the dress. I had to call multiple times to hear if the dresses had come in, because the dresses were backordered. And some of the staff were rude, telling me that my dress color was not "normal." Overall, we were semi-satisfied with our purchase as far as multitude of styles and sizes, but customer service was not great. Would still recommend for bridesmaid and bridal gowns.

Sent on 08/28/2015
  • GinaMarie

Gina · Married on 07/15/2007

3.0

Let me first start out by saying that I absolutely loved my dress and veil. However, this store had some issues. They need more staff. When I brought several bridesmaids in to find dresses (and I did have an appointment) they were not prepared and we waited along time until we finally got some help. When I was looking for my dress the lady that was helping me tried to talk me into a dress that first I didn't like and second was 2 sizes to big for me. She told me I could get it fitted. Obvioulsy, I didn't get the dress. Then when I went it to get fitted for my dress all I thought I needed was a hem. Well it turned out that the dress wasn't included with the bussle. I ended up spending close to $300 for a hem and a bussle that should have been included with the dress. Lastly, I found a veil that I loved. Most of the veil were under $75. I didn't check the tag I was most worried about the dress and ended up spending $250 on a veil which was almost half the cost of the dress! They wouldn't allow me to return it even right after I check out. My dress was beautiful and it was worth the money spent but had I know about that other costs I would have went elsewhere to get the alterations and veil. Then the dress would have beena great find! (ignore review for WA Davids Bridal...I clicked on the wrong one and am unsure how to delete it)

Sent on 02/16/2008

Anne · Married on 05/05/2007

3.0

They were helpful finding me a dress. And i found one for $100!!! But the alterations were so expensive!!!

Sent on 11/30/2007

Jamie · Married on 04/26/2003

3.0

The dress was beautiful, the girl that helped me choose my dress was WONDERFUL. But that is about where the good service ended. The cashier was rude and they charge you for the garmet bag. They stuffed my huge crinolin liner into a small bag and put my $600 dress in 2 large bags. Didn't even ask if I wanted a dress bag and for $600 it should be included! Then when they called me to tell me my dress was in they were rude and again when I picked up the dress. However, my bridal assistant there did send me a thank you and good luck card. She made me feel beautiful even though I was having body issues that day. I am a plus sized girl, but felt like a beautiful princess while trying on dresses with her.

Sent on 03/10/2008

Christina · Married on 06/16/2007

2.5

My dress was an Oleg Cassini - one of the most expensive dresses they carry (a little over $1,000 for the dress only). If you buy one of the premium designer dresses they carry, the dress is ordered for you and not sold off the rack. The dress was comparable to a more expensive dress you would find at a higher end boutique and was an excellent value. The store itself left much to be desired, however. The service I received was mediocre to bad except for the one time I went in on a weekday evening. Also, I found the alterations to be relatively expensive ($300-$400).

Sent on 11/18/2007
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 06/11/2011

3.5

The staff are too concerned about their next appointment to take the time and help you decide whether or not a dress is right for you.

Sent on 06/20/2011

2.0

I was very happy with my dress, but with a big chain like this the customer service sucked! Once I spent my money they didn't want anything to do with helping me when I went to pick up my dress and try it on again. I took my dress elsewhere for alterations because I didn't want to give them anymore money.

Sent on 07/26/2013

Karlee · Married on 10/01/2011

3.0

I loved my dress but was unhappy with the service

Sent on 10/19/2011

Yu-Shan · Married on 05/08/2010

2.4
      2.5

I had my veil, wedding dress, shoes and under garment, bridesmaid dress purchased at David's bridal. I am short and the sales lady there should have ordered a petite dress for me so I can avoid the extra money on length alteration. However, she just didn't bother to do that for me. The service for my bridesmaind dress is also not good, she didn't help my bridesmaid zip the dress at all and never tried to order the dress that's not available at store but available on David's bridal website. All in all, although the dresses for myself and my bridesmaid are good, the services are not recommended.

Sent on 05/18/2010
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/15/2012

2.2
      2.0

They ordered the wrong size for me despite my insisting on it and I ended up spending a fortune to have it shortened (they should have ordered petite since i am 5'2) and taken in (they ordered a "woman's sie" instead of regular and charged me fifty dollars EXTRA for it and then i had to pay to get it taken in over an inch. Ridiculous.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Katie · Married on 06/09/2007

2.2
      2.0

I was very unhappy with David's Bridal. First, they forgot to call me when my bridesmaid's shoes were in. When I called to find out why I hadn't been contacted, they couldn't locate the shoes. They did turn up, but it took quite a while. Next, they have a no-return policy on everything. My main complaints are with the alterations department. They were not flexible in scheduling. Also, one of the seamstresses flat out told me she didn't like altering the dress I had chosen as it was too much work and she didn't want me to make changes so she didn't have to do anything else. They did not have the dress pressed when I came to pick it up days before my wedding so I had to wait for 30 minutes while they did that. But what I'm the most upset about is how the alterations department charges for every little button and stitch and it's not cheap! In the end, the alterations were more than the dress. And I had to pay for a garment bag to top it off. Never mind the fact that I'm spending hundreds on a dress and hundreds on alterations, they need to demand another $15 for a garment bag!

Sent on 10/28/2007

Victoria · Married on 10/03/2003

2.0

This store was okay, but I really felt as though I were bothering the sales people, and that I was definately NOT valued as a customer, regardless of how much I was spending on a dress. They screwed up many of my bridesmaid's orders and lost my shoe order! It really was only for the savings that I ended up going there, and I almost wish I hadn't.

Sent on 11/06/2007
  • W

R · Married on 09/02/2005

1.0

They have great dresses at great prices! The staff, however, were unpleasant and unhelpful.

Sent on 05/13/2008

Jessica · Married on 05/02/2009

1.6
      1.5
      1.0

Make sure to be firm about what you are thinking about each dress. I ended up trying on many dresses that were either above my price point, or they had details on the dress that I had already told the sales person I did not like. When it came to fitting, the seamstress was wonderful, however again the sales person tried my nerves. They made a mistake with the alterations, and the seamstress was more than willing to fix, however the sales person made a big deal that they were fixing it for "free" (I had already paid for the first set of alterations) even though it was their mistake. Also, if they say they are holding something for you, confirm the salesperson's name. I had a bra on hold for pick up the next day, they ended up selling it, and I had to drive across town for the correct size. Then with my mother's dress, they ended up selling it to another girl when she came in to pick it up! She had to order it and it barely came in on time for the wedding.

Sent on 12/03/2009