Confectionery Designs by Mark Souday Reviews

99 | Newport, RI

99 Reviews for Confectionery Designs by Mark Souday

Lindsay · Married on 10/13/2019

10.11.2019 Wedding

We hired Confectionery Designs to do our wedding cake, a dessert table, and donuts for a post-wedding brunch. Everything they made was of course delicious, but also so beautiful!! Our wedding cake had the most amazing sugar flowers on it. So many guests thought they were real! They looked stunning! The cake also tasted absolutely amazing! the dessert table Marie and Mark designed for us was seriously a work of art. I couldn't stop staring! It was so beautiful! I had a pretty specific vision for what I wanted and they nailed it! I think almost every guest came up to me and told me how amazing the dessert table was! And then of course everything on the table tasted DELICIOUS! The attention to detail was phenomenal! Marie was an absolute pleasure to work with every step of the way. If you want to have the most AMAZING desserts and wedding cake ever...book Confectionery Designs ASAP!

Sent on 01/17/2020

Confectionery Designs by Mark Souday's reply:

Thank you so much Lindsay...you were just WONDERFUL to work with !!
    The photos look amazing. Please keep in contact xo
  • Jenn

Jenn D. · Married on 10/12/2019

Fantastic Experience!

Confectionery Designs provided the cake for our wedding - from the moment we met with Marie, she was wonderful to work with! She arranged for a tasting, worked with us to select the flavors we wanted, and designed an absolutely stunning cake with sugar flowers in gorgeous fall colors. Our guests could not believe the flowers were made of sugar! And the cake tasted as wonderful as it looked. We were so very happy, everyone remarked how wonderful the cake was - truly memorable!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Tayler F. · Married on 09/14/2019

OceanCliff Wedding - 9/14/19

Marie was an absolute pleasure to work with. Our tasting was so much fun and every single cake that we tried was delicious. She helped us pick out a great combination for our wedding that everyone loved. All of our questions were answered so quickly and we had absolutely no issues. Marie also gave me the great idea to match details from my invitation and dress to the cake which was a HUGE success! I would recommend confectionary designs 100%!!

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey L. · Married on 08/09/2019

Marie and Mark are amazing!!!

Confectionery Designs is the absolute best! Marie and Mark created us a stunning wedding cake with buttercream icing and exquisite designs that resembled my dress. We chose the chocolate peanut butter and red velvet flavors and they were amazing! Several of our wedding guests told us that it was the best cake they ever had. We also decided to go with cookies as part of our welcome bags, which Confectionery Designs made for us. They were out of this world! Not only were the desserts incredible, but Marie and Mark made the entire experience enjoyable. One of our favorite memories of wedding planning was going to our cake tasting with Marie. Everything was wonderful! My husband and I will definitely be visiting the shop and trying more desserts created by Confectionery Designs :)

Sent on 08/20/2019

Mo H · Married on 07/06/2019

Absolutely stunning and delicious wedding cake!

I cannot say enough about how AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL our wedding cake was! They really went above and beyond to make our cake a true work of art! Seven tier piece of art! People are still telling me how amazing my cake was. Not only did it look stunning, the taste was out of this world! I am so so happy I found them, their team was such a pleasure to work with! I can't wait for our one year anniversary to get to have another taste!

Sent on 08/20/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra P. · Married on 04/26/2019

So delicious I wanted to save everything for myself!!

For our wedding we decided to do a cutting cake, cupcakes and other mini desserts and Confectionery Designs blew it all out of the water!! Not only are their baked goods absolutely delicious but they are an absolute pleasure to work with! Marie is responsive, kind and goes above and beyond for her clients and Mark is a complete baking master-mind perfectly bringing our vision to life! Another great thing about Confectionery Designs is that their Gluten-Free options are also delicious (anyone who is gluten-free knows this is not always the case)! So delicious that you wouldn't even know that it is gluten-free - I am gluten-free and my husband is not and he thought all the gluten-free options were such as delicious as the others (and trust me, he's picky with his baked goods)! If you are looking for a bakery that will go above and beyond, be someone you enjoy working with and bake desserts that your friends/family will rave about - don't think twice and just hire Confectionery Designs! And if you hire them don't stop at just cake - all of their creations are delicious! My absolute all time favorite is their salted caramel French Macarons ... I could eat them every single day! Also, if you live in the area go to their shop and try some of their delicious donuts - you won't regret it!!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Confectionery Designs by Mark Souday's reply:

I have tears reading this.. THANK YOU so much for your kind words. I can't wait to see all your photos.. miss you and your mum at the shop !!
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/13/2018

Simply the BEST!

We worked with Mark and Marie to execute our wedding cake and dessert station idea for our wedding in October. They were both so amazing to work with and were great at giving suggestions as we worked through our dessert selections. As for the wedding cake, it was absolutely perfect and came out just as I had envisioned. It also tasted incredible along with all the other desserts we had made by them. The donuts were definitely a BIG hit!! I would highly recommend Confectionary Designs for your wedding or next event! They are simply the BEST.

Sent on 11/03/2018

Valery · Married on 08/11/2018

Amazing Cake!

Confectionary Designs is amazing to work and I would highly recommend them! We did not initially have a vision for what we wanted with our cake, but Marie worked with us and we were absolutely thrilled with how our cake turned out. We received so many compliments on not only the design of the cake, but also the taste. One thing we did want was a cake topper modeled after our three French Bulldogs and Marie made that happen. Confectionary Design’s cakes are pieces of art, and we are so happy with how everything turned out!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Mary B. · Married on 07/21/2018

Marie and Mark went above and beyond to execute our wedding cake vision. I had always assumed I would have a plain white wedding cake but came across a picture on Pinterest of a cake with fresh pressed flowers that would perfectly match our "English Garden" themed wedding day. The final product was even more beautiful than I had ever imagined. We had cake tastings with 2 different vendors and the cakes from Confectionery Designs were far and away the best. To add even further to our amazing experience with Marie & Mark, they helped us choose proportions of flavors (ended up with 2 types of cake and 3 fillings for 225 people), they also helped us choose flavors for macaroons to serve alongside the cake. The only downside was our guests didn't all get to try the macaroons because they went like hot-cakes.
    I already can't wait for our first anniversary cake!

Sent on 07/27/2018

Jenn · Married on 06/30/2018

We had a very particular vision for the wedding cake that we wanted. In our tasting appointment we showed them a picture from Pinterest of what we wanted and it ended up being even better than we had hoped for! The cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted very delicious. You will not be disappointed with the hard work of Marie and Mark!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Clemmie · Married on 06/23/2018

I could not speak highly enough of Marie and Mark and their amazing work. They created two beautiful and stunning cakes for our wedding. Our bride's cake was beyond words beautiful. Our groom's cake was a work of art. I commissioned them to recreate my husband's favorite Texas brewery and that they did. I loved working with Marie, as she is just a joyful person and makes you feel like your dreams can come alive every step of the way! And Mark executes. We could not have been more pleased. Thank you all for everything. IF we had to do it again, we'd choose then every single time!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Laura · Married on 06/09/2018

Confectionery Designs was amazing to work with! Our wedding cake and desserts all exceeded our expectations! They not only looked great but tasted fantastic. Our guests were saying this was the best cake they have ever had. From the minute I inquired about working with them for my wedding, they were great! Their customer service is phenomenal.
    Both Mark and Marie were such a pleasure to work with and I would recommend them to anyone. Everything turned out perfectly for our wedding and I am so happy we chose Confectionery Designs for our wedding!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Kim · Married on 06/02/2018

Marie Soliday is awesome to work with. She is completely professional, yet personal and greeted us with a smile. We could not have had a better experience. Our wedding cake was fantastic! We had so many compliments on not only the taste, but design and moistness. We also had Marie create a groom's carrot cake in the shape of an artist palette for our goodbye brunch the following day. The cake was absolutely beautiful and so special and creative. Our entire experience was just wonderful from start to finish.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2018

How do we even begin to describe our experience with Confectionery Designs?! From our initial tasting to our pretzel display at our rehearsal dinner and FABULOUS dessert table at our wedding we had the most DELICIOUS and wonderful experience. Given that both my husband and I are a sucker for desserts and that his family was in the candy business, we wanted our wedding weekend to be as sweet as can be. The Confectionery Design team made sure all of our guests were very full and VERY happy. All of the treats were truly to die for and the displays were absolutely beautiful. Marie and Marc were SUCH a pleasure to work with - truly two of the nicest people. It's no wonder why Confectionery Design came highly recommend to us!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Jeff · Married on 06/01/2018

Confectionary Designs is incredible! From start to finish we had the best experience working with Marie and her team. She made our tasting a true experience (definitely our favorite part of the wedding planning process), and worked within our budget to provide us with tons of goodies for our venetian table. Our guests could not get over how delicious each of the desserts were, and to top it off, the cake design looks like something you see on a Food Network bake show or some type of amazing dessert Instagram account. Next time we go up to visit RI, we will definitely going to the shop to pick up some treats. We could not recommend them more!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Helena · Married on 10/21/2017

Working with Mark and Marie was a wonderful experience. Marie was so helpful and responsive to all of our questions, her guidance and advice made a challenging process so much easier!! She helped us rethink our original plan to one which better suited our needs and saved us a considerable amount of money as well. We thoroughly enjoyed our tasting with Mark, it was so much fun and delicious!!

But of course, we have to talk about THE CAKE! The cake was gorgeous, a work of art! All of our guests were impressed by its presentation - the flowers were crafted so beautifully and edged in gold - truly stunning! It was almost a shame to cut it, but I’m glad we did because it was, (as promised by Mark), really delicious – the best wedding cake I have ever tasted!! The other desserts also deserve mention, not only were they also lovely to look at, they were even better to taste. Needless to say, we were thrilled with everything and couldn’t thank Mark and Marie enough. Not only did they deliver on a divine cake and desserts, they provided wonderful personal service and attention at a time when we needed it most. I highly recommend Confectionery Designs, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Mary · Married on 09/02/2017

Marie was a pleasure to work with, she helped my vision for a cake become reality, AND it was so delicious!!! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Ari · Married on 08/27/2017

We tasted cakes from all the top vendors in our area and Confectionary Designs was by FAR the best, makes others obsolete. Marie and Mark were fantastic and so easy to work with. We wanted a custom design cake featuring different elements of my ring and dress. Mark was able to create a beautiful design that flawlessly combined both elements. We chose three flavors for our four tier cake and every bite was delicious, moist and had our guests looking for seconds. If you are looking for a buttercream cake that looks as perfect and flawless as fondant, Mark is the only person that can do this!!! We also had a few treats added to our dessert table, in a customized amount, those were also great.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Melissa · Married on 08/10/2017

We got married this past Thursday at Oceancliff in Newport. We found out about Confectionery Designs from all the gorgeous pictures on Instagram. I called and spoke to Marie who was so pleasant from beginning to end. Everything they did and made was beyond AMAZING!!! These s'mores donuts are still good two days later! And the macarons were so pretty, perfect, and delish! The cake, THE CAKE. Where do I even begin. From the perfectly tailored design insprires by my dress to the european ganache that wasn't too sweet. The cake was light and the filling was refreshingly sweet. Let's say everyone, including us, loved it and ate it all (Who says no one eats cake at weddings because our guests sure did!) just wanted to say thanks again for making our exceeding our expectations and vision for our wedding. You guys helped make it special!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Christine · Married on 07/14/2017

I just recently celebrated my wedding at The Chanler in Newport and they highly recommended Confectionery Designs for my wedding. My wedding cake was absolutely gorgeous and everything I had asked for. My guests are still raving about how delicious it was. They also made custom designed black and white bride and groom cookies for my wedding favors. The details on the cookies were impeccable. They were the perfect sweet treat for our guests to take home at the end of the night, and almost too beautiful to eat! I also ordered cupcakes for the kids which had the most amazing frosting! Mark and Marie were an absolute pleasure to work with from beginning to end. They are very friendly, sweet, & professional. They listened to exactly what my fiance and I had asked for down to the very last detail. I can't wait to go back next time I visit Newport to stop in the bakery for some delicious treats!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Eydie · Married on 06/20/2017

Confectionary Designs came highly recommended to us by our florist and venue. The wedding was held at Rosecliff Mansion and the cake was not only beautiful but was the best cake we ever tasted, including all 3 tiers and each tier was a different flavor! We also added donuts from Confetionary Designs for our guests. if you don't have the donuts at your affair you're really missing something that's not only fun but amazingly delicious! 5 Star baker!!!!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Thomas · Married on 04/29/2017

Mark and Marie are an impressive dynamic duo when it comes to making wedding cake and welcome confection dream designs come true! My partner and I had prepared an understated elegant wedding cake design that incorporated gold leaf, antique gold/silver, design ribbon, and season appropriate floral. We also came prepared with an original idea for welcome confections.

Mark and Marie were open to our requests, worked with us on the planning/design, and perfected the flavors for cake and confections accordingly. Mark and Marie were highly recommended from our venue, The Chanler, and we proceeded to engage.

The flavors and design execution were flawless. The team was was incredibly responsive, hospitable, and eager to be challenged from a design perspective. As for costs, very reasonable and well worth every dollar.

Sent on 05/03/2017

Lauren · Married on 04/29/2017

We were recently married on 4/29/17 at OceanCliff in Newport, and Mark and Marie Soliday of Confectionary Designs did both our wedding cake and favors (truffles in 7 varieties!). There are so many wonderful things about Confectionary Designs and the experience that we had with them...where do I begin?! From the first time we contacted Mark and Marie, after being referred to them by my cousin who is an event planner in Newport and swears by their cakes, we received such a prompt and pleasant response! Our favorite part of the wedding planning process was our cake tasting, where we sampled their delicious cakes with their incredibly unique fillings (oreo, chocolate hazelnut, Snickers, Reeses peanut butter cup to name a few...). When it came time to choose our cake and fillings, Marie had such creative suggestions. Mark and Marie designed a stunningly beautiful cake 4-tier cake, with a buttercream pattern to match the lace on my wedding gown and a delicate sugar flower accent. During our private walk-through of venue prior to the start of our wedding, seeing this amazing cake brought us to tears. Not to mention - our guests are still raving about how delicious it was! Mark and Marie are truly incredible people with a fabulous creative vision, attention to detail, and all around warmth and kindness that made it a true pleasure to work with them.

Sent on 05/08/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/01/2016

Marie and Mark were absolutely WONDERFUL to work with! We planned our wedding at Blithewold Mansion very far in advance, and they were extremely flexible with our busy schedules (planning from out of town) in order to meet and do a cake tasting. When Mark asked us what our favorite candy bar was (Twix) and said he could find a way to make it into a cake flavor, we were pretty much floored. The design of our cake was simple and elegant, and the sugar flowers that they made to complement our decor were STUNNING. I have never been one to even pay attention to the cake at weddings, but I had multiple guests come up to me to tell me how delicious the cake was! I wish I had had time to eat more than a few bites because it was absolutely incredible! I highly recommend Confectionery Designs to any bride, they will NOT disappoint!!! -Lauren

Sent on 10/05/2016

Blair · Married on 09/24/2016

We got married at Castle Hill Inn which uses Confectionary Designs as their wedding cake vendor. I had been following them on Instagram for some time and regardless of where we got married, I knew I wanted them to design our cake. Marie & Mark are creative, professional, caring, loving and kind! They created the most amazing cake and pies for our wedding. Our tasting was one of the most memorable moments! Easy, fun and so scrumptious! The cake was delicious and beautiful!! And the bite size pies were a huge hit. I will miss my emails with Marie, she always brought a smile to my face. We will visit them each year on our anniversary! No other bakery like them around.

Sent on 09/27/2016