Awesome Sweets RI

Pawtucket, RI View map Visit website

Awesome Sweets, A Nut-Free Bakery is a custom cake designer based out of Pawtucket, Rhode Island. Awesome Sweets is one of the few wedding cake and custom cake designers who prioritize crafting delicious nut-free recipes. Whether your ideal wedding cake is glamorous or simple, Awesome Sweets can help you create whatever cake you're looking for.

Experience

What started at her kitchen table with boxes of chocolates and other sweet treats as gifts for friends and family, turned into a bakery, Awesome Sweets in Pawtucket, RI. Awesome Sweets is a nut free facility that also offers dairy/egg free and gluten free options. Awesome Sweets focuses on custom cakes, cookies, cupcakes and boxes of chocolates. Susan and her team do all size custom sweets, from mini cupcake platters, to birthday cakes, of any size, to wedding cakes to serve 200+.

Each couple that orders an Awesome Sweets wedding cake can expect a complimentary six-inch, first-anniversary cake. Alongside wedding cakes, Awesome Sweets specializes in cupcakes and groom’s cakes. Awesome Sweets can cater to those with nut allergies, as well as those who are looking for lactose-free, gluten free and diabetic-sensitive treats. With their cakes, Awesome Sweets provides cake stands and cake toppers per request. Awesome Sweets offers their clients a plethora of professional cake services, including:

• Consultations
  • Delivery
  • Setup
  • Custom design
  • Woman-owned

$4.50

What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)?

$6.50

Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?

Anniversary Cake

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$3

What services do your prices include?

Custom Cake Design

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cake Pops
Cakes
Cookies
Cupcakes
Groom's Cake

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Private

What cake items do you provide?

Cake Stands
Cake Toppers

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Diabetic
Gluten Free
Lactose Free
Nut Free
Vegan

Are you licensed by the state health department?

illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

4.9 out of 5 rating
    4.9 out of 5 rating

Krystle Getting married on 09/16/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Awsome Sweets for Awesome People! Thank you Melissa for the amazing cake you baked and created for our wedding and being a huge part of the wonderful contest we won. The masquerade themed cake matched our colors and theme perfectly. Not only was the cake beautiful but it was absolutely delicious!! The white and chocolate cake with raspberry filling was the perfect choice.

We had so much fun tasting our cakes with Melissa and cant wait to order cakes for other big events with Awsome Sweets.
  • User2449151 Recently married
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Was very patient and creative! Excellent cake decorator!
  • Alyson
    Alyson S. Married on 07/17/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best decision we made!

Cake was a very important part of the wedding for us. I knew what direction I wanted to go in and spent a fair amount of time reading reviews, sending emails, and making calls about cake (which truly wasn’t a bad thing). What I wanted in a cake was simple: buttercream frosting (no fondant), monochromatic coloring, simple cake flavors, and most of all--I wanted the cake presented at the wedding to be our entire cake (no sheet cake in the back). Many vendors I spoke to shut me down saying a cake for 200 people can’t be done and many tried to convince me that not having fondant was a bad idea. Our second cake testing was with Sue at Awesome Sweets and we were encouraged as my (now) husband has a nut allergy and it would be such a relief to know the cake was safe. From the moment we met Sue, she was a true delight--so responsive, so flexible, and all with a smile on her face. I fell in love with her buttercream at first bite and knew it would be impossible to beat. When we asked the question about having our entire cake being presented (i.e. no sheet cake in the back) she, with total confidence, said “Of course we can! We just use a bigger cake pan!” Thus, our six tier cake was born. We left feeling encouraged, sat through another cake testing we had pre paid for with zero intention of hiring them, and called Sue after that appointment to fully book her.
    Sue was so accommodating of my minor detail changes I wanted about the cake and the sizing (which ultimately went down to 5 tiers due to people who attended). She nailed the design I wanted on our cake and let me tell you--best bite of my day! She also was able to provide us half a dozen gluten free cupcakes that matched our wedding cake so all our guests could enjoy dessert. Sue is professional, passionate, and dedicated to each cake she and her team produce--not to mention she is incredibly well priced. I’ve done the research--call Sue, you won’t regret it!
  • illustration stars

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Gilded Media Gilded Media Wedding Videographers

Excellent Company to work with! We highly recommend.

i do details... i do details... Wedding Rentals

I have been working with Melissa for a few years now! I refer her every chance I can as she always does an amazing job!! Fabulous presentation and her cake is AWESOME!!!

Eloquent Images Photography Eloquent Images Photography Wedding Photographers

Fantastic wedding cakes ! Melissa is such a pleasure to deal with. I use her cakes for all of my personal family events. Very talented !

654 Central Ave Pawtucket, RI, 02861

Tues: 10am-4pm Wed: 10am-4pm Thurs: 10am-4pm Fri: 12pm-6pm Sat: 10am-2pm Sun: By Appointment
Location of (Awesome Sweets RI)

Other vendors in Providence for your wedding