Cakes in Art Reviews

Cakes in Art 1
Cakes in Art 2

Vincent Schaefer · Getting married on 10/26/2019

Highly recommended

Tasty cakes and down to earth.

Sent on 07/06/2019

Vincent,
    Thank you so much for your review! I am so excited that I am working with you & Kirsten!!

Alycia · Married on 09/01/2018

Delicious!

I cannot say enough about how amazing our wedding cake was. I have a gluten allergy, so I knew being able to eat cake on my wedding day could be a challenge. We met with Karen and she provided gluten free samples for me, as well as 'regular' samples for my (now) husband. We ended up having a four tier cake, two gluten free and two 'regular'. Let me tell you, our cake was DELICIOUS!! So much so that we literally had none left at the end of the night. I was happy that our guests enjoyed it as much as we did! The best part was that not only was the cake delicious, it was also beautiful. I showed Karen a picture of what I wanted and she made it happen. I would absolutely recommend Cakes In Art to any bride. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 03/06/2019
    Cakes in Art 3

Cakes in Art's reply:

Alicia, thank you for your sweet words. As a fellow gluten free eater I know how disappointing gluten free foods can be. I am so happy I could provide you with a cake that you could really enjoy. I loved the design you selected, so elegant. Many blessings to you & Tyler!!

Steven · Married on 05/19/2018

Karen at Cakes In Art did an amazing job with our Wedding Cake. Not only was it a beautiful looking creation but it was also moist and delicious. Our guests loved it!!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Cakes in Art's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review Steven! Marsha & Steven chose a midnight blue & gold cake design for their wedding. A brilliant color combo for an amazing "pop" at their reception. They were easy going and sweet to work with. Thank you for allowing Cakes in Art to be a special part of your wedding day.

Rebecca · Married on 04/21/2018

My now Husband and I were worried about choosing the right person for our cake as it was far from traditional. We saw Karen’s work and meet with her once and knew she was the perfect artist for our 7 layer Game of Thrones cake! My husband went to our first meeting with a folder of designs and papers for Karen. He had a vision and that vision came to life! We could not have asked for a more detailed and stunning cake. Not only were we blow away, but so were our guests. We are so grateful to Karen and all her hard work and dedication she put into this cake. For someone who was not familiar with Game of Thrones, her talent shined through in this cake and she delivered! She was professional, on time, explained everything in detail, had printed instructions on how to properly care for our “anniversary” cake. She also had a to-go goodie bag prepared for our caterer to ensure we had two pieces of cake at the end of the night. This was amazing as we did not eat any cake that night! I’m not ashamed to say that once we got home on Sunday and dug out the bag from all the things we brought home we dug in!!! My only regret is I wish I had more. We cannot thank Karen enough.

Sent on 05/02/2018
    Cakes in Art 4

Cakes in Art's reply:

Rebecca & Jason were a pure joy to work with, so in sync with each other.Their enthusiasm for their cake made me excited. I have never seen Game of Thrones....but I was determined to figure it out for them in cake form. Jason was the most involved groom I have ever had. The day of their wedding came and all of the vendors were abuzz with the Game of Thrones theme, there was just this air of excitement in the air. The DJ even made a video of the cart he generously allowed me to use, rolling the Game of Thrones cake into the reception hall. It was a pleasure working with Rebecca & Jason and I wish them many blessings for a happy life together.

Jessica · Married on 09/10/2017

Karen did an amazing job on my cake. She was a pleasure to work with and I'm so glad we found her. My cake was so beautiful and exactly what we were looking for. It not only looked gorgeous but it tasted AMAZING! My guest raved and raved about how good it was. We don't know if we will last a year waiting to eat another piece!!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Cakes in Art's reply:

Jessica brought a design that she wanted me to make for her cake that was just pure gorgeousness! Deep teal paired with rich metallic copper. Lots and lots of fondant ruffles and roses made up the bottom tier. A very elegant and eye catching design that I happily will display in my portfolio. Thanks, Jessica for being such a sweetheart!

Vicki · Married on 08/12/2017

If you want a delicious cake this is the only baker to use. Her cakes are delicious, no buttercream. Delicious layers of sponge cake and Bavarian creme with a layer of Caramel. She is so professional from her cake tastings to presenting her past creations in beautiful books. No one in southern MD compares .

Sent on 08/22/2017

Cakes in Art's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely review Vicki. Abbey was such a beautiful bride and a joy to work with. I believe the reviewer meant to say no fondant, not no buttercream.

Veronica · Married on 11/12/2016

Karen with Cakes in Art absolutely blew my wife and I away with our delicious and beautiful wedding cake. Our pumpkin spice peek-a-boo cake was perfect! In choosing which type of cake we wanted, Karen even made a special trip to meet my wife (then fiancé) and I to deliver a piece of her pumpkin spice cake to us to help us decide, since she did not have any on hand during our initial visit. Karen was so helpful in helping us throughout the process figure out our perfect cake, and was even able to provide us with a special cupcake to give to the my father during the reception. We could not recommend Karen and Cakes in Art highly enough!

Sent on 02/27/2017

Cakes in Art's reply:

This couple was just the epitome of the word joy. Every time we spoke they were so excited. It is a pleasure working with happy, joyful couples. Congratulations Veronica & Chip!

Lorena · Married on 10/15/2016

WHAT A CAKE! We received several compliments about our cake at our wedding. Karen Seay was wonderful to work with! It was hard to choose a cake because her tastings were all so good! We got a dulce de leche style cake, with buttercream frosting....DELICIOUS. Not only did it taste good, it looked like a work of art. We couldn't have asked for more, the cake was exactly how I imagined in my head. Thank you so much Karen, I don't think Josh will be able to wait a whole year to eat the rest of our cake!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Cakes in Art's reply:

Lorena and Josh were a wonderful couple to work with. Lorena's color palette was a beautiful hue of eggplant to soft lavender & cream and her design choice for her cake made me excited to be a part of her wedding! She was so sweet and a joy to design with. I wish Lorena & Josh many blessed years of happiness together.

Jennifer · Married on 10/09/2016

Our cake was to die for! From the tasting I knew Karen was who I wanted to work with. She's very knowledgeable and professional. Her work is breath taking. Her skills are practically unparalleled. She gave us exactly what we wanted and more! She was our cake fairy god mother!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Lamise · Married on 07/04/2015

I'm sorry but this was not a cake.
    IT WAS A BEATIFULLY MASTERED WORK OF ART.
    I was in shock when I first saw it. The detail, precision and time put into our wedding cake is more than words can describe. It didn't only look good but it tasted amazing.
    Thank you Karen for the pleasure of working with you.
    Ali and Lamise

Sent on 12/22/2015

Cakes in Art's reply:

Thank you, Lamise. You were a joy to work with and you looked gorgeous at your wedding!

Michelle · Married on 05/31/2015

We ordered a wedding cake from Cakes in Art, but we did not receive a cake. We received a masterpiece! Our daughter wanted a princess wedding so we worked with Karen to come up with the perfect cake. What princess wouldn't want a pillow cake? After sending Karen the picture of what we wanted and giving her the option to create the perfect cake, she went over and above all our expectations! It was almost a sin to have to eat it. But we did and the look of the outside was only made that much better by the taste of the inside!

We would highly recommend Cakes in Art for any wedding event or special event!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Cakes in Art's reply:

This wedding was like working in a dreamland! Everyone associated with it worked together flawlessly and the result tells a beautiful love story. It was my pleasure to make a cake for this wedding

Kristen · Married on 03/29/2015

Karen was such a help in creating our cake. She created a gorgeous cake with buttercream frosting, instead of fondant. She worked well with our florist to get the same flowers from our wedding flowers to add to the cake. The cake was the best that I have ever had at a wedding! Karen was extremely affordable and we were able to rent a cake stand from her. From the moment we met Karen, she made the choice extremely easy!

Sent on 04/20/2015

Kristen,
    I thank you SO much for your review. It was such an honer to be a part of such a wonderful day in your lives. It was very thoughtful of you to take the time to write and submit it! Congratulations and may God richly bless your marriage! Karen

Amanda · Married on 12/13/2014

Karen was actually contracted thru our venue as their recommended person for our cake. I was very impressed with not only the design but the amazing taste of the cake as well. It didn't just look pretty but I can say the sugar flowers were Amazing!!!! She is truly talented and well trained in what she does.

Sent on 01/05/2015

Amanda,
    Thank you for your review! I loved your color pallet and inspiration board, it showed me exactly what I could create to reflect YOU in your cake! It was an honor to be selected to make your cake and be a part of such a special day in your life! Karen

Karen at Cakes in Art did such an AWESOME job on my cake. It was the most beautiful and the best tasting cake I have ever had. She really put to life what I envisioned my wedding cake to look like. And on top of that her cakes taste amazing. If you are looking to have a beautiful AND tasty wedding cake Cakes In Art is the place to go. Karen really knows what she is doing and does the most amazing job!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Christiana · Married on 07/26/2014

Karen encompases both artist and master chef! She made beautiful cupcakes and cake for our wedding and they tasted just as perfect as they looked! She was very responsive and accommodating throughout the planning process. We wouldn't change a thing if we could do it all over again!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Tammi · Married on 05/17/2014

My cake was absolutely beautiful and exactly what I wanted. My guests loved it and it was delicious! I was also delivers on time and was a beautiful touch to my wedding.

Sent on 06/09/2014

Cakes in Art's reply:

This bride was a joy to work with! Very down to earth and she know exactly what she wanted! Congratulations Tammi!

Sue · Married on 06/07/2008

My oldest Daughter was married on 6/7/08 and Cakes by Karen did her wedding cake. The cake was beautiful and was the most favorable wedding cake I've ever eaten. We've been to a number of weddings in the past 2 years and not one has had a cake with the wonderful flavor and texture that Karen's cakes had. Daughter number 2 may be planning her wedding soon ... I'll be calling Karen to design her cake too!

S. White

Sent on 10/27/2010
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/27/2018

Wonderful quality!

Karen is so talented and we really enjoyed meeting her and tasting her wonderful flavors of cakes. Everything is so fresh and delicious. Our cake the day of was just what we were looking for and we're very thankful for her helping our vision come to life

Sent on 11/09/2018

Cakes in Art's reply:

Caitlin selected a hexagon shaped cake that mimicked marble with a stunning gold accent. We were thrilled to be a part of this innovative design wedding!

Danielle · Married on 06/14/2014

Karen's cake was absolutely UH-Mazing! We had the raspberry lemon curd and Death by Chocolate. She totally brought my vision to life and made it delicious! Thank you so much Karen. I look forward to working with you in the future :o)

Sent on 07/08/2014

Cake was beautiful and delivered on time. Cakes by Karen also had a great taste testing session.

Sent on 04/24/2013

3.5

Karen did my wedding cake and it was both gorgeous and incredibly tasty! I brought Karen three separate pictures showing the different elements I wanted and she understood everything with just one conversation. She also said the number of guests we were having was in between two tier sizes so she made it larger than we ordered just to make sure we had enough. Even with an oversized cake, every single piece got eaten and multiple people came up to say they had two slices. Karen did an exceptional job with our cake!

Sent on 11/14/2012

Angela · Married on 06/13/2009

3.5

Karen did a beautiful job on our wedding cake- it was truly unique. Not only did it look great, but it was delicious as well! My husband is not a cake fan and even he enjoyed a piece. Karen was easy to work with and open to ideas. She was very personable when we met for a cake tasting and very fairly priced. Very pleased with everything!

Sent on 07/26/2009

Catherine · Married on 10/10/2010

3.8
      1.0

This cake was delicious. I had a unique cake topper which really made the cake stand out. Karen did an excellent job, I just wish we had ordered a smaller cake because we had T-O-N-S of left overs which in the end was wasted money. I will definitely be recommending her to friends who are future brides.

Sent on 11/09/2010

Cakes in Art's reply:

Catherine was simply a joy to work with, so easy going! She supplied me with a picture for her cake design and I decided to make her bottom tier larger than what she had ordered because I wanted to be sure her vision from her photo would be achieved. I did not charge for the extra cake. The bride also informed me after the wedding that her grooms cake that was to be served at their rehearsal dinner was never served due to some glitch, so they served it at the reception along with the wedding cake I made. Hence there were many leftovers!