Sweet Chef

Newport News, VA View map

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Sweet Chef LLC. is a residential bakery owned and operated by Dominique Lewis. Dominique Lewis is a formally trained Executive Pastry Chef with a B.S. in Baking & Pastry Arts. Her background includes The Williamsburg Inn, Kingsmill Resort & Spa, The Celtic Manor Resort, William & Mary, and the Culinary Institute of Virginia. She creates wedding cakes, custom cakes and an assortment of desserts.

$5

What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)?

$7

Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?

Anniversary Cake

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$2

What services do your prices include?

Delivery
Set Up
Tastings - Private

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cake Pops
Cakes
Cookies
Cupcakes
Dessert Buffet
Groom's Cake
Pastries

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Private

What cake items do you provide?

Cake Stands

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free
Lactose Free
Nut Free
Vegan

What special ingredients do you use?

Fresh Fruit

Are you licensed by the state health department?

• Rachel
    Rachel R. Married on 04/23/2022

Delicious desserts and wonderful to work with!

Sweet Chef is an absolute gem! We first discovered her for a last minute elopement cake for a family member and have since only used her for our dessert orders for events- elopements, baby showers, and bridal showers! She is wonderful to work with- so flexible with great ideas. Her cakes, the cupcakes are my favorite, are so delicious. Make Sweet Chef your go-to baker, you won't regret it!

Sweet Chef's reply:

Thanks so much Rachel! I loved working with you as well. You are so easy-going...a dream client! Thank you for including me for your special events!
    Robin W. Married on 12/11/2021

Amazingly Delicious

I found Dominique/Sweet Chef when we were on the hunt to find someone that could make sugar free desserts for our wedding. My now husband is diabetic and I wanted him to be able to enjoy the desserts on our wedding day. The second we tasted the sample provided by Sweet Chef we knew she was the one! Since then we have purchased several orders of cupcakes from her, she also made our wedding cake and cupcakes. She is very professional, very responsive and everything she makes is simply beautiful. She is very talented and I am so thankful to find her! I can not recommend her enough and will certainly use her for all of our dessert needs.

Sweet Chef's reply:

Thank you so much Robin for the wonderful review! I thoroughly enjoyed making goodies for you before the wedding and grateful that you were such a joy to work with during the wedding process. Can't wait to make more treats for you and the hubby (when he gets his sugar free spice cake cravings lol)
  • Maranda
    Maranda Married on 12/04/2021

Amazing Experience

Chef Lewis was absolutely amazing. I had to change my date multiple times due to Covid and the whole time, she was completely understanding and worked with me throughout the whole process. The flavors we chose were Vanilla Bean, Strawberry with White Chocolate, Chocolate with Coffee, Lemon with Raspberry, and Cookies and Cream. The cake and cupcakes were absolutely beautiful looking and she did everything in her power to make sure it matched my colors and theme (which they did perfectly), and everyone LOVED all the flavors. It was a beautiful surprise coming in to my reception and seeing her amazing work. If I run any form of event, I would 100% absolutely order through Sweet Chef again. Thank you so much for making my wedding magical!

Sweet Chef's reply:

I am so glad I was finally able to make your wedding cake and cupcakes! It meant a lot to me having been your baking instructor and knowing you for so many years now. Good luck in your new adventure in FL!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner