1716 Pleasure House Road #104, Virginia Beach, VA 23455 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Flour Child Bakery

At Flour Child Bakery, we are unique because we make all of our sweet treats from scratch just like Grandma does! Baking is our passion, and we believe in quality over quantity. Everything is made by hand in small batches right here in our cozy kitchen. We use real butter, pure extracts, Belgian chocolate, fresh fruit, and many other quality ingredients in our everyday baking. You can taste the love in every bite!

We are family-owned & operated since opening in 2010!

• Woman-owned

pic 1 51 540780 157895090831655

41 Reviews for Flour Child Bakery

Emma N. · Married on 12/19/2020

Beautiful and delicious!

My husband and I are SO glad that we got our cake from Flour Child Bakery. We did the initial tasting “to-go” style due to the pandemic where we got to pick our cake flavors, fillings, and buttercreams. We decided to go with a lemon cake with cream cheese frosting & lemon curd for one tier; then a chocolate cake with mocha buttercream for the other tier. Our wedding cake was absolutely DELICIOUS!!! On top of that, they decorated so beautifully! Our guests were so excited for our cake and even grabbed seconds. I highly recommend getting your cake at Flour Child Bakery!

Sent on 01/14/2021

Flour Child Bakery's reply:

Emma, we thank you very much for leaving this kind review for us. I am very glad to know everyone enjoyed the cake. We appreciate you supporting a small business and shopping local for your wedding cake!
  • Chervonne

Chervonne · Married on 10/10/2020

Perfect Cake and Service for a Perfect Wedding Day!!

The cake was BEAUTIFUL and tasted amazing. Flour Child Bakery was responsive and helped us get every detail right for the cake. I would recommend them to ANYONE for any occasion.

Sent on 10/13/2020

Flour Child Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much, Chervonne! We appreciate you sharing your experience and pictures with us. It was a pleasure working with you, and congratulations on your beautiful wedding!

Samantha H. · Married on 11/16/2019

The Hisey Wedding

It all started with the phone call to Flour Child Bakery. When we came in for our cake testing they had a table set up and reserved just for us and it made us feel so special and important. All of the cakes, fillings, buttercream icing and etc were top notch and so incredible it’s hard to put into words. They took our visions for our wedding cake and turned it into something I couldn’t even have imagined. They NAILED our cake!! The decoration placement, the flavors (we had a 4 tier cake with 3 different flavors and buttercream fillings) the WHOLE NINE! My husband also had a German chocolate grooms cake made with the coconut, caramel nut icing and it was slamming! I don’t typically prefer German chocolate cake but Kathy hit it out of the park with her home made recipe! Kathy and her team were so incredible and easy to work with and were so nice and helpful throughout the entire process!! I’m so glad I made that phone call, our wedding was incredible and we received numerous messages about how beautiful AND delicious our cake was. Thank you Flour Child Bakery for making all of our dreams come to reality!

Sent on 02/25/2020

Flour Child Bakery's reply:

Wow, Samantha, thank you so very much for your kind words. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. My name is Cassie, and I had the pleasure of decorating your cake. My mother is Cathy, and I will make sure she sees this so she knows how much you appreciate everything she did. And my Grandma is smiling in heaven knowing how much y'all enjoyed her german chocolate cake recipe.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Flour Child Bakery FAQ

$ 4.00
    $ 5.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?
    Top Tier of the Cake
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?
    $ 2.33
  • What services do your prices include?
    Consultation
    Custom Cake Design
    Delivery
    Set Up
    Tastings - Private
  • What types of desserts do you provide?
    Cake Pops
    Cakes
    Cookies
    Groom's Cake
  • What services do you provide?
    Consultations
    Custom Design
    Delivery
    Setup
    Tastings - Private
  • What cake items do you provide?
    Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Lactose Free
    Nut Free
    Vegan
  • What special ingredients do you use?
    Fresh Fruit
    Local
  • Are you licensed by the state health department?

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Flour Child Bakery 1
    Free Wedding Cake Delivery to Grand Affairs!
    Free wedding cake delivery to Grand Affairs on Pleasure House Road in Virginia Beach. Valid Tuesday-Saturday. See bakery for details.

• 1716 Pleasure House Road, #104 Virginia Beach, 23455 See on map
    Location of (Flour Child Bakery)