Cakes by Carolyn Reviews

89 Reviews for Cakes by Carolyn

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

89 Cakes by Carolyn Reviews

Cheryl · Married on 04/11/2015

Words can't express how wonderful this vendor was for my daughter's wedding. I spoke to Bonnie to set everything up in the beginning. We are from out of town and found Cakes by Carolyn online. Once speaking to Bonnie, I was sure this was the right place to order my daughter's wedding cake. Her professionalism, kindness, and attentiveness to detail was amazing. She worked with both my daughter and myself to make every detail was correct. Neve meeting anyone from this vendor, I will admit was a bit scary being from out of town. However, on the wedding day as we entered the reception we seen how blessed we were to have been guided to Bonnie and Cakes by Carolyn. The wedding cake was gorgeous. So simple as we wanted but so very elegant. Everyone just loved it and was amazed how delicious it was as well. Certainl by all means this is the place you would want to take care of your daughter's wedding cake making her dreams come true! Thank you Bonnie and staff!

Working with Carolyn was like working with a family friend. Our appointment with her was my husband's favorite... cake samples, need I say more? Carolyn gave us multiple options to choose from and they were all delicious. We had an idea of what we wanted, but she had multiple cake ideas (models and photos) that would have helped us decide. As I said, she's like working with a family friend, which means she bakes cakes because she loves weddings, meeting brides/grooms/families and seeing the wedding pictures... she just happens to have a business as a result. Thank you, Carolyn, for making us the exact cake we wanted... we thought of you as we cut into it and it tasted amazing!

• Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 09/28/2013

Carolyn is amazingly talented - this woman knows her cakes! From the tasting to the day of the wedding, i sent Carolyn several photos and ideas that i had. She was very skilled in the way that she integrated all of those ideas into our cake. Everyone at the wedding commented on how lovely and beautiful the cake was - the bonus was that it also tasted delicious!

Jane · Married on 08/17/2013

Carolyn did a wonderful job on our wedding cake! All the flavors were so delicious! We gave her an emailed photo of our vision, and the cake was perfect! She was efficient and professional; a real pleasure to work with. She was quite reasonable, as well. We had a modest wedding cake, with a separate kitchen cake to feed our large number of guests. We highly recommend Cakes by Carolyn!

Not only was Carolyn incredibly friendly and easy to work with, but her cake was DELICIOUS. We had so many guests comment on how much they enjoyed the cake and how tasty it was. The design was impeccable and just what we had asked for. We will certainly be using Carolyn for future occasions!

Karen · Married on 04/06/2013

Carolyn is very sweet and helpful when it comes to picking out a design for the cake. We chose an art deco design and the result was beautiful. Her cakes are delicious, and we got many compliments on the taste of the cake at the reception.

Michelle · Married on 11/10/2012

Carolyn was fantastic to work with, and she made us a cake that was both beautiful and delicious. We couldn’t have been more pleased!

Erin · Married on 09/22/2012

Cakes by Carolyn provided us with a beautiful cake for our wedding day! We met with her and she sketched out exactly what we wanted. When I saw the cake on our wedding day it looked amazing - I almost didn't want to cut it up it was so nice! We had a lot of designs on our cake and she decorated it perfectly. We chose a yellow cake with a raspberry filling and it tasted amazing. I would recommend Cakes by Carolyn to any bride!

To visit with Carolyn Buschmeier (Cakes by Carolyn) is to travel a road of friendship. Her greeting is warm, sincere and welcoming, and one can’t help but enjoy her pleasant personality. From first visit to final details, Carolyn seeks to deliver a cake to please even the most discerning bride.
    During my first visit with Carolyn, I was offered delicious samples of her fabulous cakes. And, kindly and generously, when our out of town bride had opportunity to visit, Carolyn provided more samples. And, she was especially patient as my daughter took time to choose, graciously discussing details by phone with her until a design had been selected for Meg and Adam’s September 2012 wedding.
    The results were awesome, far exceeding our expectations! I don’t think we have ever seen or tasted a wedding cake or groom’s cake quite so beautiful and delicious as the ones provided by Cakes by Carolyn.
    When we first entered the cocktail reception, guests were already gathered in the adjoining room admiring the wedding cake. It's impressive appearance created a beautiful wedding ambiance. After it was served, the compliments kept coming. The lusciously frosted wedding cake was moist and amazingly delicious; the chocolate hazelnut filling a big hit.
    The groom’s cake was equally exceptional, and we served it the following morning at the Breakfast Buffet - every morsel eaten with almost no crumbs left behind.
    In addition, Carolyn’s prices are very competitive, and special thanks must also be mentioned for her ability to deliver the cakes to the reception site during an unexpected storm of torrential downpour and tornado-like winds.
    We can’t thank Carolyn enough for creating a wedding cake with such exceptional flavor and beauty; as well, for sharing her amazing talent by creating a whimsical and delicious "Chicago Hot Dog" Groom's cake. Both were perfect, and bride, groom and guests loved them.

Carolyn made the cake for my wedding and I had so many guests say it was the best cake they had ever had. In fact, I dont even eat cake and have never liked it but I tasted Carolyn's cake and thought it was really good! She also created exactly what I wanted for the design.

Cynthia · Married on 08/11/2012

Carolyn was amazing!!! She out did herself with the decorations of the cake, detail, and the elegance that she gave to it. She meets with you at her home and has lots to chose from. She also has plenty of samples to chose from they are all delicious! She even hand draws out your cake to keep for your scrapbook. She is lovely and the price is reasonable.

Eva · Married on 07/28/2012

A fantastic place to get your wedding cakes! They are very detail oriented and put lots of love into what they make. We highly recommend their services because they will give you great value and great tasting cake for your wedding day!

Carolyn made the most beautiful and delicious wedding cake you can imagine. She is very creative and enjoys the artistic side of the baking very much. She was flexible with her schedule to get our appointment fit in for when my daughter and her fiance were in town. They did not know exactly what they wanted for their cake design. She had many pictures and ideas and together they came up with the most beautiful cake!!!! We received many compliments on it from the guests for both the appearance and the taste. In fact, all of the cake was eaten at the reception as the extra slices were put out by the cake table and guests went back for seconds!!

I loved my cake!!! Everyone raved about how beautiful it was, but also how delicious it was!!! And it was. She was a lot of fun to work with, and gave great ideas! I really didn't know exactly what I wanted, but she did a great job to inspire lots of thought and her design was so different than any cake I'd seen. We all loved it. She had worked with my florist before, and the fresh flowers added to the cake were just perfect altogether.

She is so easy to work with!! We had one meeting with her and tasted her delicious samples, discussed the look and that was it! She nailed it! The cake was absolutely stunning - and delicious. Extremely moist! I love that she uses a majority of butter cream with a thin layer of fondant so it taste delicious and looked gorgeous!! I would recommend her to anyone!

My dad, a connoisseur of cakes, said "I know it sounds bad, but I've never had a cake better than a Costco cake; although it was close, the wedding cake by Carolyn was better than Costco's."

Leila · Married on 05/27/2012

I used Cakes by Carolyn for my bridal shower. I had a picture of a cake that I found online and I wanted a bigger replica of it. Carolyn made the cake exactly how I envisioned it. The cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted even better than it looked! Everyone at the bridal shower commented about how beautiful and delicious the cake was. I am so thankful to Carolyn for baking such an amazing cake for me.

Jennifer · Married on 05/19/2012

Carolyn designed an amazing cake for my recent wedding! The pearls and flowers were beautiful!! The cake was VERY good. I definitely recommend Carolyn to any future bride!

jessica · Married on 05/05/2012

The cake was the talk of my wedding. It was the most beautiful, elegant, extremely detailed cake and it tasted as good as it looked. I said I wanted large diamonds , she went the extra mile and hand piped the most awesome flower details inside the diamonds and behind the monogram. Truly a master at what she does. Easy to work with and the price was the best in town by a landslide. I didn't have to sacrifice one detail to fit my budget.

I cannot wait to unfreeze the top of the cake for a second go. YUMMY.

Sarah · Married on 04/13/2012

DELICIOUS cake!! We had a marble tier cake with strawberry chocolate-chip buttercream filling, and fondant on the outside, and it was AMAZING! Her value is awesome, and her cakes are to-die-for! She also did an amazing job on our groom's cake, which was a VW symbol. Thanks, Carolyn!

Elaine · Married on 10/23/2011

It was a pleasure to work with Carolyn for our cake. First she agreed to meet with us on the 4th of July at 9am! That alone was above and beyond. She had a great variety of cake flavors and fillings for us to try. Our cake came out pretty close to our drawing and the best thing was that it tasted so good. We literally didnt have anything other than our top tier left over. Everyone at the wedding remarked how great the cake was.

Tara · Married on 10/15/2011

Carolyn was amazing! Our cake was beautiful, delivered on time and displayed beautifully, and tasted delicious! A+

Rebecca · Married on 10/07/2011

My husband and I hired Carolyn to create our wedding cake for our October 2011 wedding. Carolyn met with us at her home where we tasted delicious cake samples and looked at her portfolios. Carolyn is a very talented woman and began sketching my cake design during the interview. She was very easy to talk to and her prices were very reasonable! We hired her the next day and I am glad we did! Carolyn and I kept in touch via phone and email several times throughout the months leading up to the big day. She is very easy to talk to and she was extremely flexible and compassionate when this nervous bride changed her cake design a month before the wedding. Instead of a fall themed cake (with sugar leaves and flowers) I wanted my cake to look like my wedding dress. Carolyn assured me that it wouldn't be a problem and I began sending her photos and sketches of my dress/cake right away. I was nervous the day of the wedding because I had no idea how the cake would turn out. However, before I even made my way into the reception area I had people coming up to me complementing on how exquisite the cake was! She piped every small intricate detail by hand including tiny (and I mean tiny!) sugar flowers!! The cake was truly beautiful and I was sad that I had to cut it! I would highly recommend Carolyn to any bride to be in the NOVA area.

Laura · Married on 08/13/2011

I have had Carolyn's cakes before because of my job so when it was time to plan my wedding I was so excited to use Carolyn for my wedding cake. When my husband and I went to Carolyn's house for the tasting we looked at many pictures and decided on a different design and different flavor/filling for each tier. Carolyn draws out a sketch of the design and writes down the flavors on each tier for us to approve.I was going back and forth with the design so she was very helpful showing us all the pictures she had.
    The day of the wedding all of my guest kept raving about how beautiful the cake was and how it was the best wedding cake they have ever had! I had some fresh flowers on the cake and told Carolyn to put them where she thought they looked best and she did just that.I was very happy with how my wedding cake turned out and the services Carolyn provided.

• FutureMrsLaiti

Crystal · Married on 06/18/2011

Carolyn did our wedding cake and it was absolutely amazing! She let us have a tasting at her home to try all of the different flavors of cake she makes. We couldn't decide between two of them, so she was able to alternate our 2 flavors that we chose with each different tier. She was able to do exactly what we asked her to and most importantly, it tasted fantastic. We even had some left over so we enjoyed it with friends at home, reliving our wedding night each time we tasted it. Great job Carolyn. Thank you so much for your great work. :)