89 Reviews for Cakes by Carolyn

89 Cakes by Carolyn Reviews

Words can't express how wonderful this vendor was for my daughter's wedding. I spoke to Bonnie to set everything up in the beginning. We are from out of town and found Cakes by Carolyn online. Once speaking to Bonnie, I was sure this was the right place to order my daughter's wedding cake. Her professionalism, kindness, and attentiveness to detail was amazing. She worked with both my daughter and myself to make every detail was correct. Neve meeting anyone from this vendor, I will admit was a bit scary being from out of town. However, on the wedding day as we entered the reception we seen how blessed we were to have been guided to Bonnie and Cakes by Carolyn. The wedding cake was gorgeous. So simple as we wanted but so very elegant. Everyone just loved it and was amazed how delicious it was as well. Certainl by all means this is the place you would want to take care of your daughter's wedding cake making her dreams come true! Thank you Bonnie and staff!

Profile Picture Cheryl, 4/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Working with Carolyn was like working with a family friend. Our appointment with her was my husband's favorite... cake samples, need I say more? Carolyn gave us multiple options to choose from and they were all delicious. We had an idea of what we wanted, but she had multiple cake ideas (models and photos) that would have helped us decide. As I said, she's like working with a family friend, which means she bakes cakes because she loves weddings, meeting brides/grooms/families and seeing the wedding pictures... she just happens to have a business as a result. Thank you, Carolyn, for making us the exact cake we wanted... we thought of you as we cut into it and it tasted amazing!

Profile Picture Karli, 11/23/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Carolyn was fantastic! Her cakes were absolutely beautiful and she really hit the nail on the head with little direction from us. She did both our groom's cake and our wedding cake and both were fantastic! She is a little busy so it can be hard to get in contact with her at times, but she does always respond.

Profile Picture Carey, 10/19/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Carolyn created our wedding cake EXACTLY the way we wanted. I sent her a photo and when I saw it on our wedding day it was identical to what I had asked for! The cake was flavorful and moist.....we had several wedding guests comment on how tasty it was! Thank you!!!

Profile Picture User3018257, 2+ years ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Carolyn is amazingly talented - this woman knows her cakes! From the tasting to the day of the wedding, i sent Carolyn several photos and ideas that i had. She was very skilled in the way that she integrated all of those ideas into our cake. Everyone at the wedding commented on how lovely and beautiful the cake was - the bonus was that it also tasted delicious!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 9/28/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My husband and I had a four-tier wedding cake, with lace and floral appliqué, all in Ivory, and it was stunning. In addition to its beauty, it was SO GOOD! We opted for two flavors – almond cake with a raspberry filling, and a marble cake with a mocha filling. Both were to die for. Although we didn’t opt for it because of food allergies, her peanut butter filling is also AMAZING – we had the opportunity to taste it at the tasting. Speaking of tastings, they are done in her home office, which she has decorated with different styles of cakes you can chose from visually, along with books and books of her cake designs. We chose our cake based on one she had on display. We would definitely recommend Carolyn!!

Profile Picture Sara, 9/14/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Carolyn did a wonderful job on our wedding cake! All the flavors were so delicious! We gave her an emailed photo of our vision, and the cake was perfect! She was efficient and professional; a real pleasure to work with. She was quite reasonable, as well. We had a modest wedding cake, with a separate kitchen cake to feed our large number of guests. We highly recommend Cakes by Carolyn!

Profile Picture Jane, 8/17/13, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Not only was Carolyn incredibly friendly and easy to work with, but her cake was DELICIOUS. We had so many guests comment on how much they enjoyed the cake and how tasty it was. The design was impeccable and just what we had asked for. We will certainly be using Carolyn for future occasions!

Profile Picture Maria , 7/27/13, 5 Reviews
4.7

Carolyn made us an absolutely delicious and gorgeous cake for our wedding! She delivered exactly what we had in mind when we planned our wedding cake. She even helped us find accessories for the cake, and was very flexible in altering the flavors of one part of the cake to satisfy a picky baker in our tasting party. The cake was delicious on our wedding day. Carolyn's execution of our design was flawless, and the cake was even more beautiful than I'd imagined it would be. I highly recommend Carolyn for any of your specialty cakes needs!

Profile Picture Lynn, 6/29/13, 7 Reviews
4.7

I chose Cakes by Carolyn for my wedding day! Meeting with Carolyn at her home for our initial meeting and tasting was a great experience. She is very open to listening to your ideas and thoughts and started sketching the cake I was describing right in front of me. My husband and I chose the pineapple cake and have never had so many compliments on how delicious our cake was. The cake was absolutely beautiful and I felt like it totally captured my personality and everything I described to Carolyn. She will not disappoint you and will be able to make you the cake of your dreams without a doubt!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/15/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Carolyn's cake was delicious--so many guests commented on how good it was, too! When we initially sat down to meet with her, she was so easygoing and professional from start to finish and she executed my vision perfectly. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Kristen, 4/6/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Carolyn is very sweet and helpful when it comes to picking out a design for the cake. We chose an art deco design and the result was beautiful. Her cakes are delicious, and we got many compliments on the taste of the cake at the reception.

Profile Picture Karen, 4/6/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Carolyn was fantastic to work with, and she made us a cake that was both beautiful and delicious. We couldn’t have been more pleased!

Profile Picture Michelle, 11/10/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cakes by Carolyn provided us with a beautiful cake for our wedding day! We met with her and she sketched out exactly what we wanted. When I saw the cake on our wedding day it looked amazing - I almost didn't want to cut it up it was so nice! We had a lot of designs on our cake and she decorated it perfectly. We chose a yellow cake with a raspberry filling and it tasted amazing. I would recommend Cakes by Carolyn to any bride!

Profile Picture Erin, 9/22/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

To visit with Carolyn Buschmeier (Cakes by Carolyn) is to travel a road of friendship. Her greeting is warm, sincere and welcoming, and one can’t help but enjoy her pleasant personality. From first visit to final details, Carolyn seeks to deliver a cake to please even the most discerning bride.
During my first visit with Carolyn, I was offered delicious samples of her fabulous cakes. And, kindly and generously, when our out of town bride had opportunity to visit, Carolyn provided more samples. And, she was especially patient as my daughter took time to choose, graciously discussing details by phone with her until a design had been selected for Meg and Adam’s September 2012 wedding.
The results were awesome, far exceeding our expectations! I don’t think we have ever seen or tasted a wedding cake or groom’s cake quite so beautiful and delicious as the ones provided by Cakes by Carolyn.
When we first entered the cocktail reception, guests were already gathered in the adjoining room admiring the wedding cake. It's impressive appearance created a beautiful wedding ambiance. After it was served, the compliments kept coming. The lusciously frosted wedding cake was moist and amazingly delicious; the chocolate hazelnut filling a big hit.
The groom’s cake was equally exceptional, and we served it the following morning at the Breakfast Buffet - every morsel eaten with almost no crumbs left behind.
In addition, Carolyn’s prices are very competitive, and special thanks must also be mentioned for her ability to deliver the cakes to the reception site during an unexpected storm of torrential downpour and tornado-like winds.
We can’t thank Carolyn enough for creating a wedding cake with such exceptional flavor and beauty; as well, for sharing her amazing talent by creating a whimsical and delicious "Chicago Hot Dog" Groom's cake. Both were perfect, and bride, groom and guests loved them.

Profile Picture User2657762, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
1.9

Carolyn was very nice to work with but my cake was the wrong color, it was supposed to be pink and it ended up being stark white. I specifically told her that everything in my wedding was pale pink, even down to my dress and the cake stood out like a sore thumb. I would have thought she would have offered a discount after the fact, instead of just an apology.

Profile Picture Leeanne, 8/25/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Carolyn made the cake for my wedding and I had so many guests say it was the best cake they had ever had. In fact, I dont even eat cake and have never liked it but I tasted Carolyn's cake and thought it was really good! She also created exactly what I wanted for the design.

Profile Picture User2168254, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Carolyn was amazing!!! She out did herself with the decorations of the cake, detail, and the elegance that she gave to it. She meets with you at her home and has lots to chose from. She also has plenty of samples to chose from they are all delicious! She even hand draws out your cake to keep for your scrapbook. She is lovely and the price is reasonable.

Profile Picture Cynthia, 8/11/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

A fantastic place to get your wedding cakes! They are very detail oriented and put lots of love into what they make. We highly recommend their services because they will give you great value and great tasting cake for your wedding day!

Profile Picture Eva, 7/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Carolyn made the most beautiful and delicious wedding cake you can imagine. She is very creative and enjoys the artistic side of the baking very much. She was flexible with her schedule to get our appointment fit in for when my daughter and her fiance were in town. They did not know exactly what they wanted for their cake design. She had many pictures and ideas and together they came up with the most beautiful cake!!!! We received many compliments on it from the guests for both the appearance and the taste. In fact, all of the cake was eaten at the reception as the extra slices were put out by the cake table and guests went back for seconds!!

Profile Picture User2517378, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I loved my cake!!! Everyone raved about how beautiful it was, but also how delicious it was!!! And it was. She was a lot of fun to work with, and gave great ideas! I really didn't know exactly what I wanted, but she did a great job to inspire lots of thought and her design was so different than any cake I'd seen. We all loved it. She had worked with my florist before, and the fresh flowers added to the cake were just perfect altogether.

Profile Picture User1733419, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

She is so easy to work with!! We had one meeting with her and tasted her delicious samples, discussed the look and that was it! She nailed it! The cake was absolutely stunning - and delicious. Extremely moist! I love that she uses a majority of butter cream with a thin layer of fondant so it taste delicious and looked gorgeous!! I would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture User2215438, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My dad, a connoisseur of cakes, said "I know it sounds bad, but I've never had a cake better than a Costco cake; although it was close, the wedding cake by Carolyn was better than Costco's."

Profile Picture User2533127, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I used Cakes by Carolyn for my bridal shower. I had a picture of a cake that I found online and I wanted a bigger replica of it. Carolyn made the cake exactly how I envisioned it. The cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted even better than it looked! Everyone at the bridal shower commented about how beautiful and delicious the cake was. I am so thankful to Carolyn for baking such an amazing cake for me.

Profile Picture Leila, 5/27/12, 5 Reviews
4.7

Carolyn is a true cake artist. She was able to perfectly recreate the unusual cake of my daughter’s dream. We received many compliments on the cake, and even more when the guests tried it. Many said it was the moistest, best tasting wedding cake they have ever had. Communication is not Carolyn’s strong suit so if you are a “must talk to my vendor daily” type of bride, you may be disappointed. If you show Carolyn your idea, or watch her draw it out, and then allow her to create your confection, Carolyn is the perfect cake person for you and you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture User2518908, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews