Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

7 Reviews for Apple Barn Farm

7 Apple Barn Farm Reviews

Marybeth planned my daughter's wedding at the hill this past Saturday and helped me host the rehearsal dinner for 60 people Friday evening. Don't let her strong personality deter you. She has definite opinions and made recommendations however listened and ultimately did whatever we wanted. She is a pro at helping find vendors, saving costs, paying attention to every detail and knowing what potholes to avoid. The wedding was flawless thanks to her. The Hill requires you do everything on your own, including decorations and Marybeth volunteered all of hers. She went to the fields to pick all the flowers and was on top of all the vendors (caterer, rental company for portable toilets, chairs, linens, etc) and even supplied help for the rehearsal dinner, bread and beer. She saved us an incredible amount of money because of her relationships with purveyors that basically covered her salary. I would recommend her to anyone as she organized, detail oriented, worked tirelessly to make things perfect and delivered what she promised. While she initially came off a bit hyper, she actually was a pleasure to work with and made this wedding almost effortless for us.

Profile Picture Erica, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

MaryBeth was a fantastic planner!! Our daughter's wedding reception was perfect. MaryBeth guided us through everything and took the stress out of the equation. Her expertise and knowledge kept us on track and made all aspects of the reception run smoothly. I don't think we could of done this without her. Her attention to detail helped in every way. I would highly recommend MaryBeth Boruta! And not to forget her staff: very courteous and helpful at every turn plus paying attention to our elderly guests who had special needs. A beautiful day was had by all.

Profile Picture Barbara, 9/27/14, 4 Reviews
4.7

Marybeth boruta is a force to be reckoned with! This woman knows her stuff. She knows how the venue runs and what works and doesn't work when it comes to putting on a wedding and she's not afraid to say so. That does not mean that she won't give you what you want or need. She will, but she will speak up when she thinks or knows that something will be a problem. She is fastidious on the day of ,making sure that the day goes off without a hitch. I loved her. I layed down what I wanted and needed and she made it happen for both my husband and I. We also had a preceremony dinner in one of her other venues, the Farmhouse. She made me a little nervous when she wasn't there at 5 and the party was to be on at 6 but everything went off smoothly and efficiently and DAMN does that woman work! She was like the ever ready bunny making sure that everything was just so. The settings are beautiful and you do feel very cared for. I would not hesitate to recommend Marybeth and her staff for any event you may have. They were great.

Profile Picture charles, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation
1.8

The venue is beautiful but Marybeth is an absolute nightmare. She was rude to my guests and the entire wedding kept coming up to me (the bride) to vent about things that were happening during the wedding. She also steals and cuts corners to eliminate cleanup for herself. Throughout the day we noticed that not all the beer we purchased was out. When we asked MB to bring out the remaining keg she said there was no more. Thankfully my husband took it upon himself to go into the kitchen where he discovered our missing keg which we later were told by friends that they overheard MB saying she wanted to bring it home to her husband who loved beer. Keep in mind we paid for the beer, not her. At Apple Barn Farm you pay for every item down to each glass. When doing the order for coffee cups I had wanted to order 1 mug for each guest. MB fought with me on this and said I would be wasting my money and I only needed 20 mugs for a wedding of 100 guests. I won the fight however I now realize why she was insisting on lowering my mug order. She ended up putting out about 15 cups and 15 pieces of cake onto the dessert table before packing things up. One of my close friends went into the kitchen when she did not see cake to ask for a piece to which Marybeth yelled "it's been put away!". Thankfully I have a persistent friend who demanded her to take it back out to give her a piece but the majority of my wedding guests did not get cake or coffee. The same thing happened with our beer glasses which were supposed to go from nice glasses to plastic glasses once it's late but we literally saw MB taking the clean racks of the nice glasss and storing them to the side for the pickup service without ever using them. Finally I noticed that our white wine was running low, unfortunately after the wedding was over my husband and I found another case of our white wine in her kitchen. The venue is wonderful but Marybeth is not worth the stress, if you do get married there keep a close eye on her.

Profile Picture Selena, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We fell in love with Apple Barn Farm from our very first visit, and knew immediately that we wanted to have our wedding there and at the associated Farmhouse in Hudson, NY (for rehearsal and Sunday brunch). Overall, we could not have been more thrilled with the venue and the staff. Marybeth (the venue coordinator) was very helpful and patient throughout the planning process, exchanging emails and phone calls with me in the months leading up to the wedding, providing many recommendations, and coordinating timing with vendors. On the day of the wedding, Marybeth coordinated everything (including last-minute adjustments for weather), and we were able to enjoy the day and relax! One note: compared to more all-inclusive venues, be prepared to pay a bit more as you must pay separately for the venue rental, staffing, rentals (e.g., chairs, linens, tableware), catering, etc.; however, this also allows for much more customization. We loved hosting our guests at ABF!

Profile Picture Ali and John, 10/26/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Apple Barn Farm and Marybeth were the best. People are still talking about the incredible wedding we had. I wish that I could get married again just to go back and do this all over again. My wedding was the best day of my life and Marybeth really made that possible! This venue is worth every penny!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/19/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This wedding venue was not only beautiful, but the coordinator and her staff were absolutely phenomenal, making my husband and I feel like Cinderella and Prince Charming. They took care of every detail of the day and it was perfect. 6 months later, I am still receiving compliments on how gorgeous the wedding venue was!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/7/13, 2 Reviews