The Sablewood is a fully renovated circa 1870 barn situated on over 120 acres in the northern Catskill Mountains. - Just 35 minutes to Albany and under 3 hours to NYC or Boston.
The venue features a stunning climate controlled post-and-beam barn, outdoor (or indoor) ceremony & cocktail locations, gorgeous custom lighting inside and out, high end wooden farm tables and chairs and a staff to do all the setup & cleanup and day of assistance. Weddings are a relaxed full day experience starting in the bright & airy preparation suites with full mountain views. The barn & grounds delight visitors with flowers and natural landscaping flowing around the barn & grounds.
Facilities and Capacity
All spaces can comfortably accommodate events of all sizes from 25 to 180 guests.
The Sablewood is named for its sable (black) exterior, which gives way to another world when stepping into the bright sun drenched interior. Inside couples can share their first dance under the 12-foot wide, 1920s chandelier with all custom lighting throughout.
The venue includes indoor and outdoor options for ceremony and covered cocktail hour in case of inclement weather with our NEW white barn, "The Charlington"! The Charlington stands next to the Sablewood and is also fully climate controlled with stunning 26' high ceilings, custom scissor trusses and handmade french country chandeliers. The Charlington is another "Plan A" in case of inclement weather for an indoor ceremony and covered cocktail hour on the bluestone veranda facing the mountains.
Photo Credits: Danni LaRaia Photography, Tracey Buyce Photography, Cassandra Daye Photography, Cassidy Lynne Photography, Ellen Jackson Photography, Twice Beloved Studio.
The venue offers the following services to couples choosing The Sablewood as their wedding destination:
- Two gorgeous Preparation Suites
- Year round climate controlled 1870s Sablewood barn
- 120 acres of stunning views, with our staff to transport couple & photography teams around the property
- Beautiful large restrooms, cleaned & stocked by our staff
- Show stopping custom Lighting inside and out
- French country Farm Tables (up to 180)
- Pottery Barn dining Chairs (up to 180)
- Cross back wooden vineyard chairs for ceremony (up to 180)
- Choice of ceremony arbors & ceremony locations
- *NEW climate controlled white barn for indoor ceremony & covered cocktail hour options
- Indoor & outdoor Bars
- Evening fire (fire boulder at the mini barn with adirondack chairs and white lights)
- Set-up and breakdown of all spaces by our Sablewood staff
- Decor including sheer white draping, 8 wine barrels, 2 wooden easles, smaller tables for gifts/welcome
- End of the night Clean-up by our staff
- Pet Friendly
- Range of wonderful catering companies to chose from for all food & alcohol
- Onsite Complimentary Parking for 70+ cars and buses
- Pet friendly
- Wireless internet
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
Describe your venue:
What kind of settings are available?
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
What event services do you offer?
What event items are available?
What transportation and access is available?
What months are included in your peak season?
Any other questions?
10 ReviewsWrite a review
24 User photos
Are you interested?
Would you like to visit?
The Sablewood frequently asked questions
What items and services are included in the starting site fee at The Sablewood?
- Clean Up
- Set Up
What are the most important characteristics of The Sablewood in terms of venue type, style and location?
- Historic Building
What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at The Sablewood for wedding events?
- Covered Outdoor
- Uncovered Outdoor
- Scenic Views
What kind of wedding events does The Sablewood offer?
What services does The Sablewood offer for wedding events?
- Clean Up
- Get Ready Rooms
- Liability Insurance
- Lighting / Sound
- Outside Vendors
- Pet Friendly
- Set Up
What furniture and decorations does The Sablewood have available for wedding events?
- Dance Floor
What percentage of users recommend The Sablewood and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?