The Sablewood Reviews

The Sablewood View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Randy Married on 10/16/2021

Gorgeous venue

Lisa , Karen and I cant thank you enough fir your hospitality , your venue is beyond words , the new white barn for the ceremony exceeded expectations and your pond setup made Abby feel like a princess we cannot thank you enough

• Austin
    Austin P. Married on 10/09/2021

What Dreams Are Maid Of

From the moment we first stepped on the property in the Winter of 2019, my wife and I knew this was the place we were going to be married.

Fast forward to October 2021. We couldn’t have had a more spectacular day. We had our ceremony outside in the circle behind the barn and it was beautiful. Inside was even more stunning. There isn’t enough words to describe how great this place really is and how beautiful not only the barn, but the property is.

Lisa and her staff were wonderful on the day of our wedding and took care of everything! From setting up decorations to dealing with the vendors, to helping guiding our guests where they needed to go. Whatever we needed, they helped with. They were 1st class!

If your looking for a intimate place to have a wedding with beautiful views for your photos, this is the place for you!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Denise
    Denise H. Married on 06/05/2021

Beauty does not compare

We searched several places for an elegant barn wedding - the details in this place need to be seen to be appreciated - Lisa and her father have painstakingly given attention to EVERYTHING on this property to make sure every moment is beautiful - from the antique chandelier, beautiful bridal suite, outdoor wedding and cocktail areas the tables and chaIrs, landscaping...I could go on and on- they also are constantly thinking of and creating new things on property to make your day even more perfect- can wait for 9/21 for my daughters special day here - when you speak to Lisa you will feel like you are the only bride she is thinking about - Magical ❤️
  • Bri
    Bri M. Married on 06/04/2021

The Most Perfect Venue

I am having a hard time putting my gratitude into words. Lisa, Holly and the fabulous people at The Sablewood made my wedding day an absolute dream! Lisa is wonderful!! The Sablewood is absolutely perfect. Everything you need is there. They have really thought of it all. I knew the second I pulled up to the property that this was where I wanted to get married. We couldn't be any happier with our experience at this venue. I would recommend this venue to any couple!
  • Amy
    Amy P. Married on 10/02/2020

Most Magical Venue

The Sablewood is by far the most beautiful venue I have ever been too, and I am so lucky I had the pleasure of being married there. The property is straight out of a fairytale, with the most beautifully restored barn (epic chandelier), immaculate landscaping providing endless photo ops, multiple ceremony locations, fire pit, I could go on and on but you just need to see it. Lisa and her team are PROs when it comes to making the day go smoothly. Somehow they seemed to have everything we left behind or just lost the day of (table numbers, twinkle lights, etc.) and helped make the day a total dream for my husband and I. Her sister drove us around the property to get all the photos we wanted (talk about amazing service), and just made sure we were able to enjoy every single minute. This team is beyond efficient & professional, having all our decor packed up neatly and ready to go for us the next morning. But more than anything they are a pleasure to be around & we are so lucky to have worked with them!!! Wish we could do it all over again!
    Suzanne Married on 04/06/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My fiancé and I have our hearts set on getting married in a barn. We love that Highview Springs not only has a unbelievable historic barn but also has absolutely beautiful views. We may have to schedule extra time with our photographer there are so many beautiful photo areas! The owners made us feel at home and we are so happy to have found this place.
    Holly Married on 06/17/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We knew from the moment we arrived that this was our place!
    Despite still being a work in progress the barn is amazing! It feels like you stepped back in time with huge beams and crazy high ceilings.
    The work Lisa and her family are doing is so beautiful with so much attention to detail. We can’t wait to see it fully completed this summer and be one of the first weddings in the barn!
    Alyssa Married on 08/08/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    In the most simplest of terms, the farm and surrounding property are magnificent. Set on a bucolic piece of land with picturesque views from every angle and undulating hills, the venue makes for a truly beautiful and unique setting for any occasion at any time of the year. Great care is taken to maintain the natural beauty of the farm that once acted as a stable for Morgan horses. The barn has undergone incredible and meticulous reconstruction making it a showstopper of a site. Highview Springs Farm offered my husband and I the most naturally beautiful venue to celebrate our marriage in the Schoharie Valley. We chose to have our reception outdoors in early August, set around the stunning scenery of the Farm. Lisa was a tremendous help in offering flexibility, it felt like we had her full support and creative rights for the day. From lawn games to a surrey with the fringe on top, this venue really had it all for us. There was no problem including our dog, Rusty in the festivities either. Similar settings in the Boston area where we lived at the time, were not affordable and too restrictive. This location offered a respite from the buzz of the city for our out of town guests at an affordable rate for us. Mazzone Catering did an amazing job with the menu, service and presentation. If you're lucky enough to get her, I highly recommend Tracey Buyce Photography out of Saratoga. She has an incredible eye for detail, is very horse/dog savvy and made us feel at ease during the one on one shots. All in all, we had a fabulous experience from the very beginning of planning until the last guest left. The only problem was, we didn't want the night to end!

The Sablewood's reply:

Thank you so much Alyssa! We loved having your beautiful wedding here and Rusty is the most photogenic dog! :)
  • Jamie
    Jamie Married on 09/03/2022
      4.0 out of 5 rating

The Most Beautiful Scenery

We had the pleasure of having our wedding at The Sablewood and working directly with Lisa and her team. First and foremost, the grounds and buildings are absolutely breathtaking and beautifully maintained. There is so much natural beauty surrounding the property with gorgeous hydrangeas and greenery that make for the most BEAUTIFUL photos. Aside from the breathtaking views, I need to give a special shout-out to the AMAZING bridal suite. The suite is well equipped for multiple services and for a decent sized group of girls. We had upwards of 18 people in the bridal suite at one point in the day and there was still a ton of room. Lastly, Lisa and her team helped make our dream a reality. They worked their tails off to keep the day running smoothly and organized the tables and building to a T - our day was absolutely perfect. Would highly recommend to any couple!
  • Erin
    Erin B. Married on 10/23/2021
      4.0 out of 5 rating

Stunning Setting for the Best Day of Your Life

The Sablewood is what wedding venue dreams are made of. The restored hay barn venue space and ceremony barn are perfect for a large wedding of approximately 175 guests. The views of the rolling foothills of the Catskill Mountains from atop the property are breath taking and set a beautiful scene for our couples photos. The bridal and grooms suites are crisp, clean, functional, and spacious. The show stopper, and what sold us on the venue, was the vintage 1920s chandelier in the middle venue space. There are so many perfect photo opportunities on the property, it was difficult for me to just pick a few photos to share with this review. Our one complaint was that we felt the venue coordinator, Lisa, could have been a little more communicative in the weeks leading up to our wedding, however we were sympathetic to the fact that 2021 was a crazy year for weddings due to all the rescheduled 2020 weddings. This is a family run business and it was great to see how each member of the family worked to make the venue as great as it is; with Lisa's father doing much of the handy work around the bar, such as making sconces to match the previously mentioned chandelier. Clearly a lot of thought was put into the big picture and the small details of the space. I would certainly recommend this venue for your wedding.