104 East Main Street, Clinton, CT 06413 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 36
  • Real Weddings 3

About The White Dress by the shore

The White Dress by The Shore offers chic couture for brides, mothers and maids in the quaint atmosphere of an antique home.

HOURS BY APPOINTMENT | 860.669.4596

Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 10-5
Thursday: 12-8 (join us for our Champagne Appointments from 5-8)
Saturday: 10-4
Last appointment is 1-1/2 hours prior to closing

Contact us via email at: info@thewhitedressbytheshore.com

Follow The White Dress by the shore on

The White Dress by the shore 1
The White Dress by the shore 2
The White Dress by the shore 3

Linda · Getting married on 10/22/2019

My daughter and her sisters and future mother in law all went to see Kelsey try on gowns and what a perfect experience. The room we sat in was private and comfortable.Abby was great with letting Kelsey pick out gowns she wanted to try. The shop manager stopped in a couple of times to see how we were doing and if we needed anything. We were even allowed to take pictures of her in the dresses which some shops do not allow. We had been to two other shops in RHODE ISLAND but the experience could not compare to here. Kelsey said ‘YES’ to her dress here, we were all served champagne and pictures were taken with the YES sign. Couldn’t have been better,
    Potential buyers beware.....Connecticut charges 7.75% luxury tax on anything over 1000$.

Sent on 09/19/2018
    The White Dress by the shore 4

The White Dress by the shore's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with Kelsey and your family. She is going to be a stunning bride and her gown is perfect for her Newport wedding! We wish we did not have to charge sales tax...but, we can't dispute the government :). But, if we ship the gown out of state, that tax can be avoided. We appreciate your kind words and are excited to be on this journey with Kelsey!

Elyssa · Married on 08/17/2018

Everyone at the shop was incredibly nice and helpful. I felt like they gave me plenty of time and attention trying on many dresses. I didn’t feel rushed at all. I was very comfortable and felt great through the whole process.

Sent on 05/10/2018

The White Dress by the shore's reply:

Elyssa, Thank you for sharing your experience! It was a pleasure to work with you. We are so pleased that you did not feel rushed, as our goal is to give each bride our undivided attention and assist her in helping her to find the perfect gown that is uniquely hers!

Amanda · Married on 08/03/2018

I purchased both my wedding dress as well as my bridesmaids dresses at The White Dress By the Shore. To say that my experience from start to finish was exceptional is an understatement. If I could give The White Dress 10 stars I would in a heartbeat. They truly helped me and guided me into finding my dream Hailey Paige gown. They also assisted me in completing my look with a stunning veil, hair piece, and earrings. The ordering and alterations process was perfect and seamless!

When it came to bridesmaids dresses, Lauren was beyond helpful. I was incredibly indecisive, and she truly helped me choose the perfect Jenny Yoo gowns in the most gorgeous beige/cream color for my maids. All of my bridesmaids looked flawless, and ordering their gowns was a breeze, even when many were ordering from out of state.

I cannot thank Lauren and The White Dress by the Shore enough. Each time I came to the store, I was treated as if I was their only bride. I would recommend The White Dress to any and every bride! They truly have the most exquisite selection of gowns, and impeccable service. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making my wedding dress experience so wonderful and so memorable. I will forever remember the day I chose my dress.

Sent on 09/03/2018

The White Dress by the shore's reply:

Amanda, thank you so much for you kind words. We strive to provide every bride with an exceptional experience every step of the way and we are so pleased to hear that our goal was achieved with you! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We wish you all of the happiness in the world in this new chapter of your life! xo, the TWD lovelies!

The White Dress by the shore FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns? $2,500 - $3,999, $4,000 - $6,499, $6,500 - $7,999
  • How do you price dress alterations? By Piece
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations, Appointments Only, Cleaning, Full Customization, Preservation, Rentals, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Sample Gowns, Shoes, Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown? 6-8 months, 9-11 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns? Seasonally
  • What is your return policy? Final Sales

Real Weddings

• Siri Boutique
    Siri Boutique Wedding Dresses

The White Dress by the Shore has an excellent selection of Siri Dresses for Mothers of the Occasion. Beth Chapman and her staff are very professional and do not let one detail slip by. They give their customers wonderful service.

• Shades Shutters Photography
    Shades Shutters Photography Wedding Photographers

An unmatched selection of beauty, elegance, and grace is what you will discover at The White Dress by the Shore. A superior staff of experienced stylists will guide you {and even your bridal party} in making the most sophisticated choice for the most important day of your life. Polished and refined, consider The White Dress by the Shore part of your planning experience.

• Wild Expressions Florist & Wedding Gallery
    Wild Expressions Florist & Wedding Gallery Wedding Florists

I was one of the wedding professionals at a bridal event last year where The White Dress by the Shore did the fashion show. The staff was so nice and the runway type of of fashion show that they produced was so much fun !

• 104 East Main Street Clinton, CT 06413 See on map
    Sunday & Monday: Closed Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 10-5 Thursday: 12-8 Saturday: 10-4 PLEASE NOTE: alterations only take place on Thursday and Fridays during store hours Last appointment is 1.5 hours prior to closing.