104 East Main Street, Clinton, CT 06413 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 36
  • Real Weddings 3

About The White Dress by the shore

The White Dress by The Shore offers chic couture for brides, mothers and maids in the quaint atmosphere of an antique home.

HOURS BY APPOINTMENT | 860.669.4596

Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 10-5
Thursday: 12-8 (join us for our Champagne Appointments from 5-8)
Saturday: 10-4
Last appointment is 1-1/2 hours prior to closing

Contact us via email at: info@thewhitedressbytheshore.com

Follow The White Dress by the shore on

The White Dress by the shore 5
The White Dress by the shore 6
The White Dress by the shore 7

Linda · Getting married on 10/22/2019

My daughter and her sisters and future mother in law all went to see Kelsey try on gowns and what a perfect experience. The room we sat in was private and comfortable.Abby was great with letting Kelsey pick out gowns she wanted to try. The shop manager stopped in a couple of times to see how we were doing and if we needed anything. We were even allowed to take pictures of her in the dresses which some shops do not allow. We had been to two other shops in RHODE ISLAND but the experience could not compare to here. Kelsey said ‘YES’ to her dress here, we were all served champagne and pictures were taken with the YES sign. Couldn’t have been better,
    Potential buyers beware.....Connecticut charges 7.75% luxury tax on anything over 1000$.

Sent on 09/19/2018
    The White Dress by the shore 8

The White Dress by the shore's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with Kelsey and your family. She is going to be a stunning bride and her gown is perfect for her Newport wedding! We wish we did not have to charge sales tax...but, we can't dispute the government :). But, if we ship the gown out of state, that tax can be avoided. We appreciate your kind words and are excited to be on this journey with Kelsey!
  • Erin

Erin Crowley · Married on 06/01/2019

The most beautiful, classic collection of wedding gowns

When I stepped into the White Dress By The Shore boutique, I knew it was the place I was going to find my dream gown. Every single gown on the rack was just dreamy. Callan was my bridal stylist. I felt so lucky that she had an amazing style so similar to my own. We shared a love for bows too! I just adored her. After trying on a few dresses, she introduced the idea of customizing my gown. I never imagined that would have even been an option, but loved the idea that I could make a wedding dress with the exact fabric, neckline, and bow, and skirt that I wanted. Not only did they help me customize the dress, but they also helped me customize my bridesmaids' Lula Kate dresses. And when it came time for alterations, I worked with Penny. They described her as a magical fairy, and what they said was true. At each fitting she made sure every little detail of my gown was just perfect. Thank you so much to the entire White Dress By The Shore team for making my wedding dress (and bridesmaid dresses) dreams come true.

Sent on 06/24/2019
    The White Dress by the shore 9
    The White Dress by the shore 10

The White Dress by the shore's reply:

Erin, it was an absolute pleasure to work with you! You are the perfect #thewhitedressbytheshorebride ... you share our aesthetic and passion for all things beautiful and for bows! We adored being able to bring your vision to life for both your gown and your maids dresses. We think it is important to make every bride’s gown reflect her personal style, and yours certainly did! Thank you for trusting us with this very special part of your wedding day! Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your gorgeous wedding photos with us! We wish you all of the happiness in the world!

Kristen · Married on 04/27/2019

They were all wonderful!

I found my perfect dress with the help of the wonderful ladies at The White Dress by the Shore! I couldn’t have been happier with TWD. They made the process so easy and stress-free. Penny, the seamstress is incredible! She did an amazing job on my alterations and I had no concerns leaving my dress in her hands that she would make it perfect - and she did!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Kristen,
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It was an honor to dress you! Thank you for trusting us with such an important part of your special day! We wish you all of the happiness in the world! xoxox

The White Dress by the shore FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns? $2,500 - $3,999, $4,000 - $6,499, $6,500 - $7,999
  • How do you price dress alterations? By Piece
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations, Appointments Only, Cleaning, Full Customization, Preservation, Rentals, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Sample Gowns, Shoes, Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown? 6-8 months, 9-11 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns? Seasonally
  • What is your return policy? Final Sales

Real Weddings

• Siri Boutique
    Siri Boutique Wedding Dresses

The White Dress by the Shore has an excellent selection of Siri Dresses for Mothers of the Occasion. Beth Chapman and her staff are very professional and do not let one detail slip by. They give their customers wonderful service.

• Shades Shutters Photography
    Shades Shutters Photography Wedding Photographers

An unmatched selection of beauty, elegance, and grace is what you will discover at The White Dress by the Shore. A superior staff of experienced stylists will guide you {and even your bridal party} in making the most sophisticated choice for the most important day of your life. Polished and refined, consider The White Dress by the Shore part of your planning experience.

• Wild Expressions Florist & Wedding Gallery
    Wild Expressions Florist & Wedding Gallery Wedding Florists

I was one of the wedding professionals at a bridal event last year where The White Dress by the Shore did the fashion show. The staff was so nice and the runway type of of fashion show that they produced was so much fun !

• 104 East Main Street Clinton, 06413 See on map
    Sunday & Monday: Closed Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 10-5 Thursday: 12-8 Saturday: 10-4 PLEASE NOTE: alterations only take place on Thursday and Fridays during store hours Last appointment is 1.5 hours prior to closing.