The White Dress by the shore Reviews

The White Dress by the shore 1
The White Dress by the shore 2
The White Dress by the shore 3

Linda · Getting married on 10/22/2019

My daughter and her sisters and future mother in law all went to see Kelsey try on gowns and what a perfect experience. The room we sat in was private and comfortable.Abby was great with letting Kelsey pick out gowns she wanted to try. The shop manager stopped in a couple of times to see how we were doing and if we needed anything. We were even allowed to take pictures of her in the dresses which some shops do not allow. We had been to two other shops in RHODE ISLAND but the experience could not compare to here. Kelsey said ‘YES’ to her dress here, we were all served champagne and pictures were taken with the YES sign. Couldn’t have been better,
    Potential buyers beware.....Connecticut charges 7.75% luxury tax on anything over 1000$.

Sent on 09/19/2018
    The White Dress by the shore 4

The White Dress by the shore's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with Kelsey and your family. She is going to be a stunning bride and her gown is perfect for her Newport wedding! We wish we did not have to charge sales tax...but, we can't dispute the government :). But, if we ship the gown out of state, that tax can be avoided. We appreciate your kind words and are excited to be on this journey with Kelsey!

Brittany A, · Married on 08/25/2018

Perfect place to find the perfect dress

The staff at The White Dress by the Shore helped me find my dream wedding gown! During my initial appointment, all alterations, and my final fitting, they made me feel like I was the only girl in the world. They were attentive, honest, enthusiastic, professional, organized, and personable. I was extremely happy with my experience and would definitely highly recommend them!!

Sent on 01/15/2019

Brittany,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. What you have described is the experience that we strive to provide each and every bride that we worth with. It was such an honor to dress you and to be able to work with you from start to finish! We wish you a lifetime of happiness! xoxox, The TWD Lovelies

Elyssa · Married on 08/17/2018

Everyone at the shop was incredibly nice and helpful. I felt like they gave me plenty of time and attention trying on many dresses. I didn’t feel rushed at all. I was very comfortable and felt great through the whole process.

Sent on 05/10/2018

The White Dress by the shore's reply:

Elyssa, Thank you for sharing your experience! It was a pleasure to work with you. We are so pleased that you did not feel rushed, as our goal is to give each bride our undivided attention and assist her in helping her to find the perfect gown that is uniquely hers!

Amanda · Married on 08/03/2018

I purchased both my wedding dress as well as my bridesmaids dresses at The White Dress By the Shore. To say that my experience from start to finish was exceptional is an understatement. If I could give The White Dress 10 stars I would in a heartbeat. They truly helped me and guided me into finding my dream Hailey Paige gown. They also assisted me in completing my look with a stunning veil, hair piece, and earrings. The ordering and alterations process was perfect and seamless!

When it came to bridesmaids dresses, Lauren was beyond helpful. I was incredibly indecisive, and she truly helped me choose the perfect Jenny Yoo gowns in the most gorgeous beige/cream color for my maids. All of my bridesmaids looked flawless, and ordering their gowns was a breeze, even when many were ordering from out of state.

I cannot thank Lauren and The White Dress by the Shore enough. Each time I came to the store, I was treated as if I was their only bride. I would recommend The White Dress to any and every bride! They truly have the most exquisite selection of gowns, and impeccable service. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making my wedding dress experience so wonderful and so memorable. I will forever remember the day I chose my dress.

Sent on 09/03/2018

The White Dress by the shore's reply:

Amanda, thank you so much for you kind words. We strive to provide every bride with an exceptional experience every step of the way and we are so pleased to hear that our goal was achieved with you! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We wish you all of the happiness in the world in this new chapter of your life! xo, the TWD lovelies!

Nicole · Married on 12/16/2017

I had such an incredible experience shopping for my wedding dress at The White Dress by the Shore. My experience felt like something you see in a movie, and quite honestly, I did not know such experiences actually exist in real life! I had shopped at other bridal stores for my wedding dress prior to my appointment at The White Dress, and my experience there stood out by a landslide. The owner of the shop, Beth, worked with my mom, my 3 friends and me on the day of my appointment. We were greeted with champagne, our own private room and attitudes from all the employees that made you feel like you were the most important bride on the planet. It is so clear that Beth cares about all of her customers and works tirelessly to ensure that brides and their company have the perfect experience. Not to mention, her collections are all beautiful! I highly recommend the White Dress to any bride who is looking for the perfect dress and the perfect, memorable experience.

Sent on 03/06/2018

The White Dress by the shore's reply:

Nicole, thank you so much for sharing your experience. Our goal is to make every bride who shops with us look, and feel beautiful. We are so very pleased that we not only met, but exceeded that expectation with you. It is our absolute honor to dress you for your wedding!

Deepika · Married on 11/11/2017

My mom-in-law-to-be found this gem boutique and made a white carpet, private appointment for a few of us to enjoy an afternoon together looking for a bridal gown for my destination wedding. I could not have imagined a more perfect day and loved every minute of it! The white carpet appointment meant that we had the boutique to ourselves, with some champagne and cupcakes to make it even more magical. We even had a couple photographers there to memorialize the day! The team at The White Dress at the shore is incredibly sweet, patient, and helpful. They have a great, diverse selection of bridal gowns and a good range to meet your budget. Within trying on just a couple dresses Kim already knew my style and was able to pick out the pieces that would help narrow down my choice. She was incredibly patient as I tried on a dozen gowns, and was kind to let me try on a couple of them more than once. By the end of the appointment, I picked out a Hayley Paige that will be perfect for my beach destination wedding. I cannot recommend them enough to any future bride looking for a bridal grown, accessories, or bridesmaid dresses! Thanks so much to Kim and the team at The White Dress by the shore for a memorable experience!

Erica · Married on 07/01/2017

Thank you guys for everything and making my wedding day extra special! It was a beautiful day and I received so many compliments on my dress and bolero. Thank you for working with my mother and I, and addressing all of our questions and concerns. I will definitely recommend The White Dress for any brides that come my way! Thank you!

Jacqueline · Married on 06/24/2017

There will not be enough words of love that I can share about The White Dress and the ladies that make the magic happen here. Just know the love for them is endless...I'll use my words to provide helpful details:
    The salon is pristine while being warm and welcoming. It's got a classic, feminine decor with beautiful New England touches (hard woods, beautiful stone fireplace, etc.). So, at first sight, you're in a beautiful space.
    The selection that you'll find is so balanced, there is something for everyone that comes in and you won't feel like you're sacrificing if you're more budget conscious (you'll still be in a reputable designer in a gorgeous dress made with fine fabrics/textiles). Not only do they have a wide range of prices, but they have so many amazing styles and Beth the salon owner (who I'll get to in a moment) has such an eye for how the dress can be customized during alterations. Ok, so space - check, dresses/designers - check, price range - check.
    The stylists you'll meet are sweet, personal and personable, they listen, they want you to feel amazing and they have vision! They are not pushy...ever! Even after you've tried on too many dresses and are feeling confused, they are patient and helpful. They are women you feel are friends after two hours!
    Penny who does the alterations at the White Dress is sweet, she listens and she is incredibly skilled.
    Beth is the best in the business and I shopped in Boston, NY and lots of places in between. What you get with Beth is someone who gets excited with you, helps you make decisions for you, shares in the process and has style, vision and the ability to make beautiful things come to life!

Visit The White Dress to see for yourself (you can also get a good sense of what you'll get with their instagram @thewhitedress).

Sent on 09/29/2017
    The White Dress by the shore 5
    The White Dress by the shore 6

The White Dress by the shore's reply:

Thank you Jacque! We loved working with you (and getting to see your sister again who we dressed several years ago). You were such a pleasure to! We are so happy for you! Congrats!

Brittany · Married on 06/03/2017

My experience at The White Dress was nothing short of fabulous! TWD was the third bridal salon I visited, and I knew as soon as I walked in that I would find my dress there. My bridal consultant, Lauren, was professional, friendly, and sweet! She listened to what I was looking for in a gown and helped me find a simple, elegant Amy Kuschel gown that was basically made for me. When my dress came in, TWD happily accommodated my limited fitting schedule due to my status as a cross-country bride. During my fittings, Lauren assisted me in purchasing some beautiful Sara Gabriel accessories that seamlessly completed my look. If you're looking for a full service bridal salon that has a top notch selection of gowns and accessories but still want the intimate feel of a small business - look no further than TWD!

Rachel · Married on 04/15/2017

I was very anxious about trying on dresses because of sample sizing, but the minute I walked into The White Dress By the Shore I felt so at ease. Beth, the owner, is so incredible, knowledgeable and kind! I had gone to a few stores before that were fine, but this is just a different feel. It's so homey and comfortable and the gown are just beautiful. The fittings were also very seamless and my dress fit me like a glove. They knew how to pick the right silhouette for my body and based on the vision I had for the wedding. I would absolutely recommend going here, you won't regret it!

kimberly · Married on 11/06/2016

Make sure you're okay with the pricepoint- because when you get there, you'll fall in love with all the dresses, the decor, and the staff is incredible- No other boutique I went to remotely compared

• Mara

Mara · Married on 10/08/2016

Working with the White Dress by the Shore was honestly one of the highlights of the wedding planning process for me. We were paired with Alexandra (she's the BEST) the first time we went and she then was with me the whole way through the process. The store itself is inviting and cozy, with the staff offering tea, water or coffee the minute you walk in (or course served in adorable antique cups). They have a wide enough selection that you feel you can try a multitude of styles, but its not overwhelming so you still feel calm through the process. Everything about the shopping experience was professional and flawless, all the way down to the hand written thank you note that I received after visiting. After purchasing my dream dress, we booked alterations with Penny. Let me just say, Penny is a genius and really goes above and beyond to make your dress perfect. I wasn't really sure what to do with my bustle, not liking the English or the French and the next time I returned, Penny had dreamt of a way to make it work. I ended up with a half English, half French bustle that was so incredibly perfect. I would HIGHLY recommend this shop to anyone looking for their perfect gown.

Courtney · Married on 10/07/2016

I went to many bridal shops before visiting the white dress by the shore. I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful this shop is. All the girls are truly amazing to work with. I felt like we had become friends by the time my wedding came. I wore the most amazing Haley Paige dress (the Elysia gown) on my wedding day and truly felt like a bridal princess. I wouldn't waist your time at any other shop. I promise you will find your perfect dress here!

Kelly · Married on 10/07/2016

The White Dress by the Shore was, without a doubt, my favorite vendor to work with throughout the wedding planning process. I was familiar with The White Dress from being in the industry (I am a wedding planner in NYC and used to work for a catering company in CT), but I had never had a personal experience with the shop since I'm not usually involved in that step with my clients. I was gifted a "White Carpet Experience" by the women I worked with - this is a completely private shopping experience. Shopping for a wedding dress is such a personal and emotional experience, and you have to have just the right personality to work in an environment like this. Every single person I came into contact with at The White Dress had exactly this personality. They were kind, patient, and knowledgeable about fashion. They listened to me and were never judgmental in any way. I felt like part of the family every time I walked into the shop. I also had my bridesmaids purchase their dresses through The White Dress, and they had the same experiences. I'm so happy to have worked with The White Dress and I can't imagine shopping for a wedding dress anywhere else.

Sent on 08/02/2017

The White Dress by the shore's reply:

Kelly, the pleasure was all ours! We adored working with you and your wedding looked fabulous! Congrats!

Brenna · Married on 09/17/2016

I tell every bride I meet that they need to go to The White Dress by The Shore for their gown! I had an incredible experience there. I went to a couple of other stores that weren't really my vibe - I have a very classic style and a lot of the bridal trends today are more bohemian. But White Dress really has everything. My mom and my Maid of Honor came with me, and were able to pick out dresses alongside our awesome consultant, Alexandra. She listened to my feedback and showed me dresses in a variety of styles and prices. I never felt pressured to buy, which was important to me. I ended up with a gorgeous Jenny Yoo dress below budget that was perfect. I had about 5 dresses to choose from at the end and loved them all!! I also got my accessories there - sash and veil. They hooked me up with a lingerie store in Branford and even a seamstress in my hometown of West Hartford. My mom ended up getting her MOTB dress there as well! Highly recommend - this is practically a wedding institution in CT, and for good reason.

Sent on 08/10/2017

The White Dress by the shore's reply:

Thank you Brenna! Working with you, your mom and your maids were our absolute pleasure! Thank you for your kind words! They are so appreciated and we are thrilled to consistently be able to provide this type of experience for almost 15 years! xo

Laura · Married on 08/20/2016

I had the best experience with The White Dress by the Shore! My sister purchased her gown here years ago and so this was my first stop to try on dresses. After only trying on a handful of dresses, and with the help of Callie and the shop owner Beth, I found my dream dress with the exact details I wanted. I was able to customize my Modern Trousseau dress by adding some short lace sleeves. They were so accommodating and really listened to what I was looking for. My fittings were some of my favorites days in the wedding planning process. Lauren was so accommodating and so much fun to work with. Penny absolutely worked wonders and my dress fit like a dream! I was thrilled with how it came out. I can't think of enough great things to say about this shop, absolutely the best experience and so worth the trip!!

Andrea · Married on 08/06/2016

My experience at the White Dress By The Shore was everything I could have wanted in finding my wedding dress. They had the perfect mix of different dresses to try, they have something for everyone! I wanted a light airy lace dress without the weight for my destination wedding and they had exactly what I was looking for. The staff is truly amazing at what they do and make a process that can be stressful so enjoyable and fun. They have this amazing quaint house and your appointments are never rushed or crowded. I kept finding excuses to go back...veil, jewelry, fittings, etc. I didn't want it to end. This place is truly magical, you won't regret coming here. #itsworththetrip

Caroline · Married on 06/25/2016

I had an amazing experience with all the wonderful ladies at White Dress. I made an appointment, and only a week later my sister and I were shown around to pick out dresses for me to try on, and then taken to a beautiful private room upstairs. When we found my dress, I was delighted to see it was half the price of a similarly styled dress I'd tried on before at a different shop. They even served us champagne to celebrate!

• W

Wendy · Married on 09/26/2015

I was not necessarily looking forward to dress shopping. I didn't like almost every wedding dress I had seen in magazines and on TV. I was not a big and poofy type of girl, so I was unsure if I would be able to find anything I loved. We went to a few places before we went to The White Dress, and just as I expected, the gowns were all pretty, but not me. When my mom and I went to The White Dress by the Shore, as soon as I walked in I knew I was going to buy my dress that day. While they had the more traditional (beautiful) wedding dresses, they also had the more relaxed, bohemian look that was more like me. From that first appointment through my "accessories" appointment, and my final fitting, I felt so comfortable there. I never felt awkward or uncomfortable about my body or not knowing how to walk in heels. They let me feel like me and not some girl playing dress up. I am sad that I won't be able to use this vendor again (seeing as there is no longer a need for me to buy wedding dresses), but I would recommend them to everyone that I know.

maria · Married on 09/11/2015

I ordered my dress from The White Dress by The Shore and they have been wonderful to work with.

Christy · Married on 08/29/2015

Staff at the White Dress really made finding a dress fun. I was looking for a "shortie" for my wedding, and they had such a great selection, I chose two and had a wardrobe change right before the reception! Shana was really great in helping with alterations and getting me outfitted with jewelry, and by the end, I felt that I should be inviting her to the wedding! It was truly a pleasurable experience, and I will miss visiting the shop regularly.

Haley · Married on 08/15/2015

I had a wonderful experience at The White Dress by the shore. I had been to several bridal stores previously and was feeling discouraged by the selection and service I'd experienced. As soon as we entered The White Dress, I knew this would be different. The staff was polite and helpful, making me feel comfortable without pressuring me, and the dresses were beautiful and different than the ones I'd seen elsewhere. The salesgirl with whom I had an appointment made suggestions appropriate to my style and budget, but was also enthusiastic about the dresses I picked out myself. My mother and I had a huge private dressing room and the full, undivided attention of two salesgirls. They allowed me as much time as I needed to try on dresses and make a decision, which made the experience so much easier. While they were very respectful to my mother, they subtly and professionally supported my preferences and stood up for me. When I finally chose a dress, an Anne Barge gown that I haven't seen anywhere else, they seemed genuinely celebratory and brought us champagne. Since I live out of state, they recommended a seamstress in my area and were very communicative as soon as my dress arrived to the store, shipped it promptly, and followed up with me. I can't recommend them highly enough. It was everything I imagined shopping for a wedding dress would be.

My mother also bought her dress at The White Dress by the shore - their mother-of-the-bride options are just as different and beautiful as their wedding dress options, and she had a positive experience with their alterations department.

Jennifer · Married on 07/25/2015

I had a great experience with The White Dress by the Shore. I went there knowing I wanted to try on a particular dress which they had. After spending more than 90 minutes between the dress I originally tried and another dress, I couldn't decide; however, Victoria (who is unfortunately no longer there) never lost patience and continued to put me in and out of the same two dresses numerous times. I left without buying anything and actually asked to have three dresses ordered so I could try them on. Victoria did this without batting a lash and when I went back to try those dresses along with the first dress I fell in love with, I decided on the first dress. We purchased from the store and when I went in to pick up my dress, we were treated to champagne along with a hair trial free of charge. It was a great experience and I would go back there in a second!

Lauren · Married on 07/11/2015

I am beyond happy that I purchased my wedding dress from The White Dress by the Shore. From the moment you walk in, you can tell it's not your ordinary wedding dress shop. Located in an cozy old home, it is full of elegance and you can't help but feel at home (I often felt like the only bride in the store). The walls are lined with quality wedding gowns and accessories with private rooms decorated in the most beautiful way with seating in the rooms for any group you bring with you.

The consultants are not pushy and they remember who you are. Everyone I worked with was so supportive and personable and they never once rushed you because of another appointment. Each experience I had there was relaxing and memorable.

Beth, the owner, is so friendly and is always in the shop. She's been present at each one of my fittings so far and helped me pick out my veil at my first fitting. We opted to have my dress altered at the shop although it can be slightly more than taking it elsewhere, but their seamstresses are great to work with and know what they are doing.

I am so grateful to have found my gown at such a wonderful shop. The whole experience has been incredible and I highly recommend The White Dress by The Shore!

Kim · Married on 06/26/2015

One of the best wedding decisions I could have made. Alexandra and the whole tea are amazing. I couldn't have been happier. The team are true professional with an eye for detail. While they took amazing care of me, the way they treated my mom during her shopping and fittings just warmed my heart. We both felt like princesses