A Thyme To Cook Catering

426 Northwesst Corner Road, North Stonington, CT 06359 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 1

About A Thyme To Cook Catering

A Thyme to Cook, a bespoke, female owned business for 35 years, is a dedicated team of culinary and design creatives with a diverse crew. We believe in relationships over convenience and are diligent about combining your desires with our culinary passion to create a perfectly curated experience just for you, your family and your guests.

We impart integrity in all that we do. Booking every single event is not our goal. We don’t strive to be the biggest, we strive to be the best. We’re active partners in our local community and give back to many local non-profit organizations including the St. Vincent DePaul Food Bank, Wheeler Library, Safe Futures, Mystic Arts Festival and many more. We care about the impact we make on the Earth and are proud of our 3-star Certified Green Catering distinction.

We build a kitchen and fire up the ovens for every event to cook everything fresh onsite. We have an in-house cheesemonger, pastry chef on staff, order fresh quality ingredients weekly, slice our own meats, make our own breads, and design new flavor combinations daily. We love what we do!

Our team is wildly creative, joyful, personal and compassionate. We interpret your desires in a way only we can, to create a unique experience just for you. We’re open to all ideas and take on every challenge with a fresh perspective.

Cuisine
A Thyme To Cook Catering is a boutique caterer that offers diverse cuisine styles to best fit your needs, offering options for dietary needs like:

• Vegan
  • Vegetarian
  • Gluten-free
  • Lactose-free
  • Nut-free
  • Kosher

We also offer bar service, desserts and cakes. Some of the cuisine styles we offer include:

• American
  • African
  • Italian
  • French
  • Latin American
  • Mediterranean
  • Middle Eastern
  • Cajun
  • Mexican, and much more!

A Thyme To Cook Catering doesn't stop there, also offering:

A Thyme To Cook Catering 7
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Bourn · Married on 06/15/2019

Personalized Perfection

There are not enough stars to represent how pleased we were with A Thyme to Cook. From our first inquiry, we were impressed with their timely responses and their commitment to making our wedding day special and personalized. Before we officially booked with them, they even contacted a food truck on our behalf to determine pricing for a late night snack! After officially booking, we were assigned Meaghan as our wedding coordinator. She replied promptly and thoughtfully to my (many) questions and always made me feel like our wedding was her priority (even though I know she was working on 23980 other weddings). They worked diligently to create our wedding menu from scratch- this is not a vendor with boring standard wedding pre-fix options! The day of, Meaghan and the ATTC team ensured everything ran smoothly and that my husband and I were not bothered with wedding day details. Somehow, Meaghan coordinated getting 3 cases of wine out of my husbands car without either of us being bothered. ATTC even sent a staff person out mid-wedding to purchase more seltzer because our guests liked it so much. It was not until after the wedding that I became aware of these small (but important) details that they seamlessly organized. This allowed my husband and I to enjoy our day, which I truthfully feel was Meaghan and ATTC's priority. In addition to all the perfect coordinating, the food was AMAZING (and we actually got to eat it because ATTC provides a designated attendant to the wedding couple who takes care of things that couples usually forget to do). Many of our guests raved that it was the best wedding food they ever had, and my husband and I agree. If you are feeling apprehensive of the cost of ATTC, please know that the food, service, support, coordinating, care, and attention to detail are worth twice as much as they charge. The services they provided are the reason our wedding was perfect (in our totally non-biased opinion). And they dont add a bunch of fees on later, which is out of the ordinary for wedding vendors :) LOVE LOVE LOVE ATTC and wish we could get married every day over and over with their help!

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • Erin

Erin Malley · Married on 06/09/2019

Absolutely Amazing

If I could give ten stars I would! A Thyme to Cook did an amazing job catering our wedding in June--from start to finish everyone we worked with was so lovely, experienced, professional, and accommodating (shout out to Allison and Liz, who were so great!). I don’t even have words to describe how wonderful the food was--I wish I could go back in time and relive it. Everything was cooked fresh on site at our venue, which we found NO other vendors in the area do. The entire menu was customized to what we wanted, instead of just picked from a generic list of offerings. A Thyme to Cook also assigns a special attendant just for the wedding couple on the day of (we had Elizabeth!) to make sure that we got to try every last thing on the menu and that we always had a drink in our hands. They also catered my bridal shower, which was just as great. I am so, so glad that we chose ATTC as our caterer, there just isn’t anyone better out there.

Sent on 07/02/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

A Thyme To Cook Catering FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the cost of your full service wedding catering? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up, Cake Cutting, Dessert, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Tastings, China, Flatware
  • What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Breakfast / Brunch, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Lunch, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tapas, Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? African, American, BBQ, British, Cajun, Caribbean, French, German, Greek, Indian, Italian, Korean, Latin American, Local, Mediterranean, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Sandwiches, Seafood, Southern, Southwestern, Spanish, Thai
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Liquor License, Bartender(s), Limited Bar, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Champagne Toast, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Outside Alcohol
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Real Weddings

• Be Wed By Fred
    Be Wed By Fred Wedding Officiants

After working with A Thyme To Cook (ATTC) for many years I am fully confident they are able to make any occasion special. I've not only been able to experience there exquisite attention to detail at some of the weddings I Officiate, I've also used them for events at my own home, including my birthday! Awesome people, Awesome food!

• Historic Granite House
    Historic Granite House Wedding Planners

A Thyme to Cook, ran by Linda Sample, is a great caterer that we highly recommend for events at the Historic Granite House in Waterford, CT. Linda is among a select group of fine caterers that we are always happy to have serve our venue. They are very professional, provide great service and their food is top shelf. We are very happy to be recommended as a great small venue by them as well. Paul & Dale

• Mystic Museum of Art
    Mystic Museum of Art Museum Weddings

A Thyme to Cook is a one of a kind catering company. They have the ability to custom design seasonal menus and develop themed menus for clients that are impressive. We value their partnership to help clients bring their vision to life at our venue.

• 426 Northwesst Corner Road North Stonington, CT, 06359 See on map