A Thyme To Cook Catering

426 Northwesst Corner Road, North Stonington, CT 06359 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 1

About A Thyme To Cook Catering

A Thyme to Cook, a bespoke, female owned business for 35 years, is a dedicated team of culinary and design creatives with a diverse crew. We believe in relationships over convenience and are diligent about combining your desires with our culinary passion to create a perfectly curated experience just for you, your family and your guests.

We impart integrity in all that we do. Booking every single event is not our goal. We don’t strive to be the biggest, we strive to be the best. We’re active partners in our local community and give back to many local non-profit organizations including the St. Vincent DePaul Food Bank, Wheeler Library, Safe Futures, Mystic Arts Festival and many more. We care about the impact we make on the Earth and are proud of our 3-star Certified Green Catering distinction.

We build a kitchen and fire up the ovens for every event to cook everything fresh onsite. We have an in-house cheesemonger, pastry chef on staff, order fresh quality ingredients weekly, slice our own meats, make our own breads, and design new flavor combinations daily. We love what we do!

Our team is wildly creative, joyful, personal and compassionate. We interpret your desires in a way only we can, to create a unique experience just for you. We’re open to all ideas and take on every challenge with a fresh perspective.

Cuisine
A Thyme To Cook Catering is a boutique caterer that offers diverse cuisine styles to best fit your needs, offering options for dietary needs like:

• Vegan
  • Vegetarian
  • Gluten-free
  • Lactose-free
  • Nut-free
  • Kosher

We also offer bar service, desserts and cakes. Some of the cuisine styles we offer include:

• American
  • African
  • Italian
  • French
  • Latin American
  • Mediterranean
  • Middle Eastern
  • Cajun
  • Mexican, and much more!

A Thyme To Cook Catering doesn't stop there, also offering:

stone acre farms wedding marble rye photography 061618 portraits 034 51 1694

75 Reviews for A Thyme To Cook Catering

Ana Marinelli · Married on 09/09/2020

Best there is

If you're considering hiring A Thyme To Cook - do it! We looked at several caterers for our wedding in September 2019 and I am so grateful we decided to spend the extra money and go with ATTC. Their immaculate quality, outstanding customer service and precise attention to detail are second to none.

Their office is located on the most gorgeous property in the woods in an old farmhouse building that is beautifully decorated. This serves as a good representation of what you can expect from them. From the minute I walked in the door I was treated like I was the most important person in the room. Juli took great care to find out exactly what we were looking for and how they would be able to adapt a menu to match our vision. They even had a sign outside the front door to welcome me, personalized with my name...! I was sold.

Once we made the easy decision to hire them, I was introduced to an absolute angel of a wedding coordinator, Liz. Liz is patient, organized and experienced. Her relaxed demeanor made it so easy to have a casual conversation about what we wanted. When we had our first meeting, they provided a delectable assortment of scones and berries with citrus mint flavored water which took my breath away. The royal treatment did not stop there. When we came in for our tasting, they sat us at a private table for two where we tasted all of the items that would be on our dinner menu. I can genuinely say, the meal we had on the night of our wedding was entirely consistent with what we had during that tasting. Bold, unique flavors that some of our guests said was the best they'd ever had.

ATTC was incredibly accommodating and I always felt like they completely understood my vision. I don't think they said "no" to anything we asked for. In fact, I'm pretty sure there is nothing they can't do. Their chefs worked with us to create new menu items that fit our theme and even offered their own creative ideas which we of course took. On the day of the wedding we were absolutely stunned by the decor. They completely nailed our Sicilian theme, even more so than I could have even imagined. Liz was there every step of the way and they even assigned us a designated assistant who made sure my husband and I had whatever we needed throughout the night. I've never experienced that level of attention to detail and I doubt I ever will again. A Thyme To Cook is the epitome of "5 star service."

Sent on 05/28/2020
  • Caitlin

Caitlin White · Married on 12/10/2019

Best decision we made

Let me begin by saying choosing ATTC for my wedding caterer was the best decision we made for our weekend. I knew immediately after talking to Juli that ATTC was for me - the team was so detail oriented, listened to our vision, and had top notch service. Liz was our Event Coordinator and I can't say enough good things about her. She truly made the wedding day SEAMLESS, stress free, and very enjoyable for us. Nothing fell through the cracks, she was super responsive, and helped guide me through everything. The day of could not have gone smoother, the team at our venue was incredible as they made sure we were constantly being looked after and everything was neatly packed up after which took a huge load off our families. Also the most important part - the food was incredible. Our guests are still raving about the meals, hordevours, and service (and so are we!!!). Huge thanks to ATTC, Liz, and the staff, and they will be recommended to anyone I know getting married.

Sent on 10/23/2019

A Thyme To Cook Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for letting myself and the ATTC crew be a part of your day! What a dream you and Mike were to work with. We could not have had a better time during the entire process and especially leading up to the big day. Between your friends and family, the two of you are very lucky to have so much love and support in your corner. I wish you both the happiest of marriages, you deserve it! - Liz

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Server(s)
    Tastings
    China
    Flatware
  • What event services do you provide?
    Delivery
    Set Up
    Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide?
    Breakfast / Brunch
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tapas
    Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater?
    African
    Southern
    Southwestern
    Spanish
    Thai
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Lactose Free
    No Pork
    Kosher
    Nut Free
    Organic
    Vegan
    Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Liquor License
    Champagne Toast
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Outside Alcohol
  • Which of the following items can you provide?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens

1 Real Wedding

• Be Wed By Fred Wedding Officiants

After working with A Thyme To Cook (ATTC) for many years I am fully confident they are able to make any occasion special. I've not only been able to experience there exquisite attention to detail at some of the weddings I Officiate, I've also used them for events at my own home, including my birthday! Awesome people, Awesome food!

• Historic Granite House
    Historic Granite House Wedding Planners

A Thyme to Cook, ran by Linda Sample, is a great caterer that we highly recommend for events at the Historic Granite House in Waterford, CT. Linda is among a select group of fine caterers that we are always happy to have serve our venue. They are very professional, provide great service and their food is top shelf. We are very happy to be recommended as a great small venue by them as well. Paul & Dale

• Mystic Museum of Art Museum Weddings

A Thyme to Cook is a one of a kind catering company. They have the ability to custom design seasonal menus and develop themed menus for clients that are impressive. We value their partnership to help clients bring their vision to life at our venue.

• 426 Northwesst Corner Road North Stonington, CT, 06359 See on map
    Location of (A Thyme To Cook Catering)