A Thyme To Cook Catering Reviews

A Thyme To Cook Catering 7
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Bourn · Married on 06/15/2019

Personalized Perfection

There are not enough stars to represent how pleased we were with A Thyme to Cook. From our first inquiry, we were impressed with their timely responses and their commitment to making our wedding day special and personalized. Before we officially booked with them, they even contacted a food truck on our behalf to determine pricing for a late night snack! After officially booking, we were assigned Meaghan as our wedding coordinator. She replied promptly and thoughtfully to my (many) questions and always made me feel like our wedding was her priority (even though I know she was working on 23980 other weddings). They worked diligently to create our wedding menu from scratch- this is not a vendor with boring standard wedding pre-fix options! The day of, Meaghan and the ATTC team ensured everything ran smoothly and that my husband and I were not bothered with wedding day details. Somehow, Meaghan coordinated getting 3 cases of wine out of my husbands car without either of us being bothered. ATTC even sent a staff person out mid-wedding to purchase more seltzer because our guests liked it so much. It was not until after the wedding that I became aware of these small (but important) details that they seamlessly organized. This allowed my husband and I to enjoy our day, which I truthfully feel was Meaghan and ATTC's priority. In addition to all the perfect coordinating, the food was AMAZING (and we actually got to eat it because ATTC provides a designated attendant to the wedding couple who takes care of things that couples usually forget to do). Many of our guests raved that it was the best wedding food they ever had, and my husband and I agree. If you are feeling apprehensive of the cost of ATTC, please know that the food, service, support, coordinating, care, and attention to detail are worth twice as much as they charge. The services they provided are the reason our wedding was perfect (in our totally non-biased opinion). And they dont add a bunch of fees on later, which is out of the ordinary for wedding vendors :) LOVE LOVE LOVE ATTC and wish we could get married every day over and over with their help!

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • Erin

Erin Malley · Married on 06/09/2019

Absolutely Amazing

If I could give ten stars I would! A Thyme to Cook did an amazing job catering our wedding in June--from start to finish everyone we worked with was so lovely, experienced, professional, and accommodating (shout out to Allison and Liz, who were so great!). I don’t even have words to describe how wonderful the food was--I wish I could go back in time and relive it. Everything was cooked fresh on site at our venue, which we found NO other vendors in the area do. The entire menu was customized to what we wanted, instead of just picked from a generic list of offerings. A Thyme to Cook also assigns a special attendant just for the wedding couple on the day of (we had Elizabeth!) to make sure that we got to try every last thing on the menu and that we always had a drink in our hands. They also catered my bridal shower, which was just as great. I am so, so glad that we chose ATTC as our caterer, there just isn’t anyone better out there.

Sent on 07/02/2019

Jenna · Married on 09/22/2018

From the first meeting with Juli to the final send-off from Brian, ATTC made sure every detail of our wedding was perfectly planned and taken care of. They took the time to get to know us and based on what we wanted for the day they perfectly created a delicious menu that our guests could not stop raving about. Our coordinator Brian made sure that our personalities shined thru in every detail, from the signature cocktail to the schedule of the day. ATTC made our wedding everything we could ask for.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Justine · Married on 09/08/2018

Where do I even begin with ATTC? Our venue had 4 preferred caterers and ATTC was one of them. They were actually a preferred vendor at many of the places we were researching. So I will say they had a leg up from the start…We inquired seriously with them and one additional caterer. The original consult with Juli was absolutely amazing! It was like an hour talking with an old friend about the foods we liked and didn’t like, our favorite restaurants, what kind of food we were looking for…The resulting proposal was nothing short of amazing! Not only did they capture the essence of us in food, it was the most stunningly beautiful quote package. It was presented like a beautiful menu and customized to our venue. Once signing, we were assigned to Meaghan as our day-of-coordinator. She was wonderful throughout the entire process! She is truly one of the sweetest people and always happy to answer any questions we had! We met her in person at the tasting, which was so nice! Because they customize the menu to their couples, it was just the two of us and Meaghan eating delicious food! She even coordinated the napkins to our wedding colors! She was so patient while I was super indecisive about linens. She even came to our final venue walk through so she could be there with us so everyone was on the same page with final details. Day of, I was comforted knowing she was just a text away! Her and the rest of the ATTC staff were so attentive and helpful! Our day-of attendant Tammi always made sure we had food and drinks! She literally guided us to our table so we would be forced to eat once dinner was served. It probable goes without saying, but the food was simply amazing! It was even more delicious than I remembered at our tasting. Book them NOW!

Sent on 09/18/2018
  • Yael

Yael · Married on 08/24/2018

I honestly don't even know where to begin with singing the praises of ATTC! When we booked our wedding at Saltwater Farm Vineyard, we knew we only had three choices of caterers--one didn't return our call, one seemed good but didn't excite us, and the other was ATTC. We were instantly favoring ATTC and expected them to come back with the highest price, especially since the amazing Juli took so much time with us via email and over the phone (even going so far as to look up the menus of the restaurants we said were our favorite!) to craft our perfect menu before we'd even given them a dime. We also really wanted to prioritize sourcing local and seasonal ingredients for our wedding feast and ATTC is a certified green caterer. Just our luck, they actually came back the most affordable (the fact that they provide a day-of coordinator meant we could also save money on that line item) so we signed on the dotted line as fast as possible :) Or coordinator changed a few times over the year plus we worked with them, but all for understandable reasons, and all were amazing to work with. Meaghan ended up being our ultimate coordinator and is the picture of professionalism. She made herself available on email, the phone, and even text whenever we needed and always had answers for our questions or found them out exceedingly fast. We were so confident in the weeks leading up to the wedding that we'd be able to throw her things and she'd just be able to handle them (and she also followed all specific directions to a T). The day of our wedding, the ATTC team far exceeded our expectations. Guests told us the salad was the best they'd ever had (wedding or not) and the fact that the chefs grilled peaches and fried panko crusted goat cheese for us per our request really left an impression. Our guests also raved about the main courses of short rib cooked in SFV wine, poached cod, and cauliflower steaks. And how can I forget about the cocktail hour!?! We thankfully asked that a plate of al

Sent on 09/05/2018

Jim · Married on 04/14/2018

A Thyme to Cook (ATTC) is on top of their game in EVERY sense of the word! The extreme flexibility and willingness to accommodate our every wish (no matter how challenging) was met with an absolute 'can do' attitude and the execution on the day of our event was flawless! And, if you're wondering ...the hors d'oeuvres, cocktail stations, meal and desserts were both brilliantly and artistically prepared and absolutely delicious. Our guests were raving about the meal all night long (and they still are). The meal was only overshadowed by the attentiveness and professionalism of the ATTC Team - true professionals (shout out to Tori for being awesome). A big thank you to the entire ATTC for making every moment of the event a memorable one.

Sent on 04/17/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 10/14/2017

My new husband and I just had the most wonderful wedding at Tyrone Farm. We had it catered by A Thyme to Cook and could not have been happier. Juli helped put together the most incredible wedding. She completely understood my vision and did everything possible to make it come true. Not only did she coordinate much of the wedding details and help me with decisions, she put together the most delicious menu. My husband is VERY particular about his food and loves cooking, so definitely not an easy task, but ATTC did a wonderful job and we are so thrilled with the entire evening.

Sent on 10/19/2017

Molly · Married on 10/07/2017

Delicious food, amazing service, so easy to work with. Megan was awesome! We have received so many compliments from our guests saying it’s the best wedding food they’ve ever had! We had

Sent on 12/25/2017

Benjamin · Married on 09/30/2017

We could not have been more please with A Thyme to Cook from start to finish. Their attention to detail is surpassed by no one. From our initial meeting to the day of, the entirety of the staff was very accommodating and always happy to help or answer any questions we had.

The food quality and execution matched perfectly to what we had at our tasting. They turned out 120 meals with flawless execution.

The additional bonus of having a wedding planner for the day of as part of the package was extremely helpful and allowed us to focus on our guests and ourselves instead of getting caught up in the details.

Very pleased and would recommend them to anyone looking to do not just a wedding; any type of event!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Katie · Married on 07/30/2017

We were married at Eolia Mansion st Harkness Park in July and Megan and the entire staff at A Thyme To Cook were simply amazing. Megan was there to handle every task and request we had, however big or small, enthusiastically and was always so sweet, helpful and kind. She was there throughout the planning process and helped with her opinions when I was overwhelmed with decisions. She made sure our day was perfect and ran smooth so we wouldn't have to worry. The food was outstanding- we still have guests saying it was "the best sea bass they have ever eaten" and the custom menu they came up with was exactly what we were looking for. We wanted a romantic, vintage, glamorous wedding and that is exactly what we got. Thank you Megan and the whole team at ATTC for making our dream wedding come true!!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Andrea · Married on 07/01/2017

If I could give more stars I would! ATTC was beyond incredible. Not only were they amazing to work with-the food and service were exquisite. Upon first consult, Juli (their Director of Wedding Sales) called and spoke with me for over an hour gathering information about my husband and I's favorite foods-what we liked for 'drunk munchies', what we ate when we splurged, favorite comfort foods, favorite sweets, EVERYTHING-and then literally created a menu that included all of those components-if there was one thing that was truly 'us' that day, it was our menu. Everything that was most delicious to us based on the information was on that menu. Believe it or not, it gets better! Not only did we get the menu we wanted (and within our budget) we also had an Event Coordinator-Megan Costello-Rodriguez included with the total cost. Megan is extraordinary. Megan put me at ease throughout the whole process and not only assured me things would be ok and everything I wanted them to be, she followed through on her words and made sure it happened. Her demeanor, professionalism and attention to detail are impeccable. I gave her our vendor information when it became too much for me to try and organize things, and she took over and handled things seamlessly. She reached out to vendors to ensure everything was coordinated exactly as I wanted it to be. She was available whenever I needed her, came out for our rehearsal, and then kicked me out of my own bedroom and finished tying bows on our welcome boxes and alphabetizing place cards (little details I was determined to do myself) so that I could go be part of our dinner post rehearsal.

I believe you get what you pay for and I can tell you ATTC and having Megan as our Event Coordinator was worth every.single.penny! Thanks to Megan and ATTC staff I had the memorable and legendary wedding I wanted. People are still talking about the whole day and I know they will for quite some time-that would not be possible without ATTC!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Chris · Married on 06/04/2017

If you don't hire these people, you are making a mistake. My wedding was PERFECT and it would not have been possible without ATTC, specifically Megan who is a genius. This is in no way a hyperbole. I plan events for a living and these people had it HANDLED. They moved my entire wedding indoors after it started to rain in less than five minutes. Also the food is ridiculously good. My family has some seriously complicated food allergies and they managed to somehow make a full, lush, obscenely delicious, locally sourced (seriously) menu that everyone was obsessed with. Also, included in the package is an attendant who keeps food and drinks coming to you all night, which I didn't realize would actually be necessary until my actual wedding event. Without them I probably wouldn't have had one drink or bite to eat all night. AND! The price is super reasonable. The estimate fell right in the middle of the catering options we looked at. Just book them, you will not be sorry. xx Christopher and Adam

Sent on 06/07/2017

Melissa · Married on 06/03/2017

We used A Thyme to Cook for our wedding at Harkness Memorial State Park and to put it simply they were AMAZING! From the start they were always prepared and helped us with parts of our wedding we did not even think about. The food was incredible, we received endless compliments on the food and that was the one part of the wedding we were willing to splurge on because when one goes to a wedding they always remember the food. After everything was booked we were assigned a wedding coordinator Megan was ours. She was a LIFESAVER, especially as our wedding grew closer and we became more stressed ,she stepped in and was able to calm us. During the end of the wedding she offered to drive my parents car up to the mansion and loaded it full of everything from the pergola we made to all the center pieces and the top of our wedding cake. We were also assigned Abby for the day of and her entire job was to make sure we were fed, had drinks in our hands and was willing to go get anything for us (this was not small feat since we had a wedding party of 14). She was not intrusive and always arrived at the perfect time. In terms of vendors for Harkness that you can choose A Thyme to cook was not the the cheapest option but it was worth the the extra money to make sure our wedding day was memorable and ran smoothly.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Cori · Married on 11/12/2016

A Thyme to Cook was a true class act. The attention to detail was amazing. We loved working with Linda and Megan. They were very organized and understood how to orchestrate all of the festivities in our venue. The food was amazing! Our guest said that this was the best wedding food that they have had. We had the grilled petite filet and soy maple glazed salmon. Excellent entree choices. The wait staff were outstanding! We loved working with them! The presentation of our meals, appetizers, tables was on point. I can't say enough about how professional they were and how they made our daughter's wedding fantastic!,

Sent on 11/16/2016
  • Sara-Lyn

Sara-Lyn · Married on 11/11/2016

Megan and Linda were absolutely amazing through the whole wedding process. The food and service the day of the wedding was superb! I cannot thank them enough for making our special day so spectacular! If you are planning any type of event in the CT area, I HIGHLY recommend A Thyme To Cook!

Sent on 11/16/2016

A Thyme To Cook Catering's reply:

LOVED sharing your day with you - thank you for letting us be there! :)

They are the best caterers and wedding planners! They help guide you into making your vision of a wedding or event real with sound advice. Their service comes with a wedding coordinator that is hugely helpful since most of their clients are not experts (myself included). I'm sure I was difficult to deal with as it got closer to my wedding and I began to stress, but Megan never faltered and her professionalism showed every step of the way. She was even there as I was coming down the stairs to make the entrance for my wedding ceremony when I felt my long veil get caught on something and all I heard was Megan's voice quietly saying "I got it" and she did and I was still able to make my entrance without anyone noticing. They are simply the best and the food is truly fantastic (and they believe as strongly as I do in not having dry chicken)!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Caroline · Married on 10/02/2016

ATTC is amazing to work with. They worked with us to create a custom menu that exceeded all of expectations. Their food is absolutely delicious, but they are so much more than a caterer. They worked with us to plan all of the details in the months leading up to the big day. They reached out to all of our other vendors ahead of time and ran the show for us the day of the wedding and because of them, we had the perfect day. Megan was our coordinator and she was AMAZING. She truly cared about our wedding and making sure we were taken care of. Not only did they ensure that we were able to eat our dinner, but we were actually able to relax and enjoy every minute of the day because of ATTC's incredible team. I cannot recommend them enough. They truly are the best. Thank you Megan and the entire team at A Thyme to Cook!!

Sent on 10/31/2016

A Thyme To Cook Catering's reply:

We were so honored to be a part of it! We wish you continued love in your life together! :)

Stephanie · Married on 09/25/2016

A Thyme to Cook catered our Eolia Mansion wedding at Harkness State Park and we couldn't be happier with our decision! Our wedding guest could not stop raving about how great the food and service were. Linda helped guide us through every part of our menu making sure we offered the perfect balance of our favorite flavors from the appetizers to the main dinner. Megan was our event coordinator and she was amazing!! She helped us every step of the way, and handled all of the details (even the ones I hadn't thought of!). The day of the wedding was (for the most part) stress free thanks to A Thyme to Cook, and we were able to just relax and celebrate with our family and friends. From the first meeting to the final minutes of our wedding they were wonderful and easy to work with, and I would recommend them to everyone!!!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Laurie · Married on 09/24/2016

ATTC is willing to work with you on every level. We got exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Patti & team did a fantastic job executing our wedding. My husband and I work in the f&b industry, and were planning our CT wedding while living in Vegas. We had specific dishes on our menu, and when we flew to CT for our tasting, we were blown away. Throughout the day of our wedding, everyone and everything was spot on. Our guests are still raving about the food, and service. They work with local farms too, which is extremely important to us

Sent on 10/13/2016

Susan · Married on 07/29/2016

A Thyme to cook stands above the rest in my opinion. We met with 3 different caterers and they by far gave you the most value for your money! However, it was just not the money. Linda Sample runs a top notch business and surrounds herself with top notch employees who all work together to make you feel like you are their only client at the time. Their attention to detail is amazing and their response time to questions asked were always timely. We owe a debt of gratitude to Linda, Juli and Kristi along with all of the great staff we had the day of the wedding for looking effortless in displaying, presenting and servicing our daughter's wedding. The food was amazing!! I highly recommend them for any occasion!

Sent on 08/11/2016

A Thyme To Cook Catering's reply:

Susan, it was our absolute PLEASURE to be included in such a beautiful day! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Caitlin · Married on 07/02/2016

Book them! It was a pleasure to work with ATTC, and I highly recommend them! From our first encounter with Laurel, to Patti, the office staff, chefs, and servers - all were professional and personable. We received excellent customer service. We appreciated the extras that came along, like taking care of all the table decorations, setting up the chairs and the bridal couple's personal server. (I wish we'd had had one at our wedding.) The food was delicious, and we received many compliments about it. It was the best wedding food we've ever had!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Rich · Married on 06/05/2016

I was not involved with the planning and choosing process of my daughters wedding, but this is whom they chose and in my opinion they were fantastic in all aspects form the big logistical stuff down to the minute details. The food was among the best wedding food I have had, the service was personal and attentive. You would be in very capable hands if you chose 'A Thyme to Cook'!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Bernadine · Married on 06/03/2016

Don't think twice. Use this caterer! Every single detail was perfect. And the food was amazing! I can not say enough nice things about Linda and Fiona at A Thyme to Cook! I am submitting on behalf of my daughter's wedding at Harkness State Park. It was perfect and exactly what we wanted! Loved working with A Thyme to Cook!!!

Sent on 06/13/2016