Sweet Zulu Bakeshop

1111 Riverside Ave #101, Paso Robles, CA 93446 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 14

About Sweet Zulu Bakeshop

Located in beautiful Paso Robles, a small town on the central coast of California, Sweet Zulu bakeshop has all your wedding cake needs covered. We are a premium bakery that pride ourselves in using only the best and freshest ingredients to create that "made from scratch” taste that we're famous for and that everyone loves. Since 2016, we have specialized in wedding cupcakes, wedding cakes, cutting cakes and dessert tables for you and your guests. All of our cupcakes, cakes and desserts are made using non-GMO, organic, all-natural ingredients and we have several offerings to accommodate any gluten-free needs as well.

Our staff is excited to work alongside you to create the perfect dessert setting for your perfect day. You'll get to work with our best as we introduce these products in your complimentary consultation, where Sweet Zulu staff work with you to provide you with the services that perfectly suit your wedding reception needs. We are flexible with our custom designs, whether you have an idea in mind or want us to provide some inspiration. We are well versed in the wedding theme trends to help you make educated decisions. After this initial consultation, you can book a private tasting to finalize your flavor, filling and frosting selections and experience everything before delivery and setup on your big day.

So what are you waiting for? Contact us today to secure your date before the spots for 2019 fill up.

**PLEASE NOTE: Our website is currently going through a redesign and is under construction. You may still access it but to get a quote or schedule a consultation, please call or email us**

We're social! Check us out on:

Facebook: @sweetzulubakeshop

Sweet Zulu Bakeshop 5
Sweet Zulu Bakeshop 6
Sweet Zulu Bakeshop 7

Dena C Price · Married on 03/16/2019

Extraordinary bakers and people! For a baby shower!

Where to begin with Sweet Zulu Bakeshop!
    THEY ARE AMAZING AND SO EASY TO WORK WITH AND THE WORD SCRUMPTUOUS DOES NOT EVEN DO JUSTICE TO THE CHEESECAKE CUPCAKES THEY MADE FOR US FOR A WOODLAND BABY SHOWER!!!

It was an over the top baby-shower and, after talking with many bakers who either flat out did not do cheesecake cupcakes or were ridiculous in price, I found Riana and Cristu at Sweet Zulu Bakeshop.

From the get go, Riana got on the phone with me and stayed with me almost daily as we came up with the general design I hoped to get. I went back and forth and probably drove her crazy… but she just smiled and hugged me in person every time and gave me tons of encouragement over the phone when I was handling so many other aspects of the shower I could barely breathe! It was so much fun and exciting to do the shower and Riana kept me focused and calm and threw out many ideas for me to choose from.

After I dropped of a zillion little decorations and told her “please just use your own inspiration and do what you do, I have complete faith in you!” And boy did she go way beyond my expectations!!!
    Not only were they the most delicious cheesecake I have ever tasted – A BIG SHOUT OUT TO KAREN HER BAKER, who is an amazing lady as well – as they were not super sweet but light and creamy and so tasty! They were the cutest darn things I have ever seen. She knew exactly how to make them not too gawdy and not too simple but gorgeous!

I also ordered a mini 6” cheesecake for my nephew who is going to be a big brother. I looked and looked for a little and baby brother figurine, but could not find an appropriate one, so I went with a baby and young Raccoon pair and asked her to please make it cute and write ‘Promoted to big brother’. Well, cake was also so delicious and light and fluffy, and did I mention they use NO PRESERVATIVES, which is awesome, as this nephew and his mom and dad are very healthy and it was a special circumstance he was going to be eating something sweet like this, but she did the most amazing scene on the cake and all the supporting decorations right down to the plate it sat on. PLEASE SEE PICTURES! She handmade me many of the decorations and they were so amazing, people at the shower thought it was a purchased center piece and were astounded it was a cake!

These people at Sweet Zulu Bakeshop need to be given the praise for their product, work ethic AND who they are as people! All the girls there and Cristu, Riana’s husband and co-owner, were so kind and accommodating and always there to be supportive and helpful to me! The customer service is equal to the amazing food they deliver in store and for catering!

Please, do yourself a favor and go meet them and try their food! The belong in our little close-knit town and treat everyone with respect and kindness and deliver over and above their promises or projected vision!

I am forever a loyal customer to them and I urge anyone reading this to give them your business as you will not regret it!

With heartfelt thanks and love,
    Dena Price

Sweet Zulu Bakeshop 15
    Sweet Zulu Bakeshop 16

Jackie · Married on 12/30/2018

Amazing people, delicious dessert

Okay. I stole part this from another review. Yes, I know, that is cheating and looks fake. But it is so true. 'Absolutely loved working with this bakery!! They did a phenomenal job on my desserts and cake. She took my vision and put it to life. My guests loved every bit of it. I would highly highly recommend them!!!!'

So happy they have a storefront as well! congrats to them. Everything was delicious, though the cutting cake was so much taller than I expected! It seemed like a two tier cake as far as height went! They did an amazing job with little direction from me, just basic colors and a 'artistic license' instruction set.

Sent on 01/03/2019

Sweet Zulu Bakeshop's reply:

Thank you very much for the kind words! It was our honor to work with you and make your wonderful day super memorable! We wish you a blessed marriage.

Sweet Zulu Bakeshop FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 6.00
  • What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)? $ 7.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake? Cake Toppers
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 3.00
  • What services do your prices include? Consultation, Custom Cake Design
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Pastries
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Stands, Cake Toppers
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free
  • What special ingredients do you use? Fresh Fruit, Local, Organic
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

• 1111 Riverside Ave #101 Paso Robles, California, 93446 See on map
    805-738-6514 (Phone number)
    8053691412 (Other Phone Number)
    Mon-Fri: 8:00am-5:00pm Sat: 8:00am-3:00pm Sun: Closed