Santa Barbara, CA 93101 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Deals 1
  • Meet the Team

About Frances Baking

Frances Baking is a wedding cake bakery based in Santa Barbara, California. Owner and pastry chef Heather Guay has had a lifelong passion for baking and studied pastry arts at the New England Culinary Institute. She has worked in the industry on both coasts before establishing her baking business. She sources high-quality, sustainable ingredients from local businesses and farms to use in her sweet treats.

Frances Baking creates luxury custom wedding cakes that are sure to leave an impression on all in attendance. They are designed to look as good as they taste, and Heather carefully decorates each cake. Soon-to-be newlyweds can choose from an assortment of flavors such as Mexican vanilla, almond ricotta, matcha, earl grey, and lavender. Heather is happy to coordinate a tasting so couples can sample various flavors. She can accommodate dietary restrictions and special requests like gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free desserts. Her company can deliver cakes to venues located within an hour of Santa Barbara.

Follow Frances Baking on

1 User photo

• Arman

Arman Rashidi · Married on 08/04/2019

Thoughtful and beautiful flavors

We had a small elopement a couple of years ago at Los Poblanos Inn in New Mexico where Heather made a small and tasty wedding cake for us. It was a carrot pistachio cake to reflect Iranian flavors for us. She was very helpful with her suggestions when we were not sure what we wanted at first. The carrot pistachio cake was her suggestion and we loved it! I highly recommend her service to make your special day even more special!

Sent on 12/13/2020

Frances Baking's reply:

Thanks for the lovely review, Arman. I am so happy that you enjoyed the cardamom carrot cake with pistachios. Thanks for posting a photo of the cake - I don't always get a great photo of the cakes and am glad you did. Thank you!
  • Meghan

Meghan Sherman · Married on 07/20/2019

Heather is awesome!

Heather is an incredible pastry chef!! She made the desserts for my wedding at Los Poblanos is ABQ and people absolutely raved about them! Most notable was a pecan tart!! It was to die for- beautiful and delicious! While she didn’t do my cake (I had promised my grandma that she could make it), I saw pictures of Heather’s gorgeous cakes and would have one million percent trusted her!! She’s the best!!!

Sent on 12/15/2020

Frances Baking's reply:

Thanks for the lovely review, Meghan. I adore the pecan tarts and am glad you did too. I was so happy that your grandmother made your cake, such a sweet memory.

Frances Baking FAQ

$ 8
    $ 9
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?
    $ 3
  • What services do your prices include?
    Consultation
    Delivery
    Set Up
    Tastings - Private
  • What types of desserts do you provide?
    Cakes
    Dessert Buffet
    Fruit
    Groom's Cake
    Pastries
  • What services do you provide?
    Consultations
    Custom Design
    Delivery
    Setup
    Tastings - Private
  • What cake items do you provide?
    Cake Cutters
    Cake Stands
    Cake Toppers
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Kosher
    Lactose Free
    Nut Free
    Vegan
  • What special ingredients do you use?
    Fresh Fruit
    Local
    Organic
  • Are you licensed by the state health department?

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Frances Baking 1
    15% discount for WeddingWire couples

Team of Frances Baking

Heather Guay

Heather Guay

Pastry Chef and Owner

Hi! I'm Heather Frances, I started Frances Baking in late 2020, my goal is to make your wedding day beautiful and special down to the last bite. I love sweets of all kinds and have been baking professionally for over 10 years. My career has brought me from crafting complicated desserts while working in fine dining in New York City to creating beautiful cakes on a lavender farm in New Mexico. My partner and I are happy to have relocated to Santa Barbara and I cannot wait to meet you!

+ More Details
- Less Details

• Santa Barbara, CA, 93101 See on map
    805-424-5588 (Phone number)
    Location of (Frances Baking)