Frances Baking

Santa Barbara, CA View map Visit website

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Frances Baking is a wedding cake bakery based in Santa Barbara, California. Owner and pastry chef Heather Guay has had a lifelong passion for baking and studied pastry arts at the New England Culinary Institute. She has worked in the industry on both coasts before establishing her baking business. She sources high-quality, sustainable ingredients from local businesses and farms to use in her sweet treats.

Frances Baking creates luxury custom wedding cakes that are sure to leave an impression on all in attendance. They are designed to look as good as they taste, and Heather carefully decorates each cake. Soon-to-be newlyweds can choose from an assortment of flavors such as Mexican vanilla, almond ricotta, matcha, earl grey, and lavender. Heather is happy to coordinate a tasting so couples can sample various flavors. She can accommodate dietary restrictions and special requests like gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free desserts. Her company can deliver cakes to venues located within an hour of Santa Barbara.

• Woman-owned

$9

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$4

What services do your prices include?

Consultation

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cakes
Cookies
Cupcakes
Groom's Cake

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Private

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free
Kosher
Lactose Free
Nut Free
Vegan

What special ingredients do you use?

Fresh Fruit
Local
Organic

Are you licensed by the state health department?

• Carolina
    Carolina C. Married on 01/15/2022

Heather is a cake genius!

If you are looking for a delicious and beautiful cake for your special occasion, look no further, Heather is THE best! She provided us with cake tasting options and a nice afternoon at the park to enjoy tasting our possible wedding cake for our Santa Barbara, CA. wedding in January 2022. She responded promptly to any communications and provided clarifications on sizing and pictures of detailing she could use for our wedding cake. In the end, Heather made our day that much sweeter when my new husband and I had our first bite!
  • Jamie
    Jamie B. Married on 11/05/2021

So happy with my beautiful cake!

I’m so happy with the cake Heather baked for my elopement! It was beautiful, delicious, and there was plenty of cake for the 20 people at dinner. Heather was very quick to respond to my last minute request (about 3-4 weeks before the elopement) and worked with me to design a cake that would be perfect for my event. The cake was affordable and even included drop off to the venue. I’ll definitely be using Heather again in the near future.
    Roxanne K. Married on 10/23/2021

wedding cake w vegan option!

I used Frances Baking for my wedding last month and have nothing but great things to say about Heather and her cakes! She was very responsive and made the process very simple. We really wanted a vegan cake which is how I ended up finding her, she was able to absolutely perfect the cake flavor and design we were looking for. We also got cupcakes from her which we didn't do vegan and everyone loved those as well! Highly recommend!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Team

Heather Guay
Heather Guay
Pastry Chef and Owner

Hi! I'm Heather Frances, I started Frances Baking in late 2020, my goal is to make your wedding day beautiful and special down to the last bite. I love sweets of all kinds and have been baking professionally for over 10 years. My career has brought me from crafting complicated desserts while working in fine dining in New York City to creating beautiful cakes on a lavender farm in New Mexico. My partner and I are happy to have relocated to Santa Barbara and I cannot wait to meet you!

321 W Padre St Santa Barbara, CA, 93105
518-335-1976
Location of (Frances Baking)

Other vendors in Santa Barbara for your wedding