Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Silentlight Minister

Serves MD, DC,VA,WV,PA

Non-Denominational Minister Services As a Spiritual Science minister I serve the community in officiating for wedding services, baptism/christenings, memorials and funerals, house blessings for all beliefs and lifestyles of living in our community. My goal is to create a service for the bridal couple that reflects the views, love and commitment using words you choose. My services include a no obligation interview to be arranged at a convenient time and location. With these words I thee wed: Specialized wedding vows using words you choose. Renewal of wedding vows ceremonies Life partnerships commitment ceremonies House Blessings Baptism/Christenings

Reverend Marcia Ann George

About Reverend Marcia Ann George

Ordained in 1987 by the Baltimore Spiritual Science School, which is dedicated to teach comparative religions, philosophy and service to humanity. Rev. Marcia is ordained  and experienced in officiating for all sacred rituals of the Holy Sacraments, written specifically for the individual, couple, or family members.

Categories: Wedding Officiant

Regions serviced: Washington DC

3 Reviews for Silentlight Minister

3.7

1.1

This was a bad experience from start to finish. To begin with, the day of our initial consultation she was a no-call, no-show. She just completely forgot. She called me after and apologized profusely and said how she "never does that" etc. etc. and I, being gullible, just thought "hey, everyone is entitled to one freebie." I should have gone with my gut and gotten someone else.

I could have forgiven the missed meeting, but the real problem was her ATTITUDE! She was downright rude and argumentative with several people. She wouldn't answer questions at the rehearsal, snapping at several people (including me!), she fought with my brother in law, the parking attendant, when she arrived at the wedding because he wouldn't let her pull her car up in front of the castle and waltz in, and worst of all, she STARTED THE PROCESSIONAL TOO EARLY when I was not even out of my room from getting ready! My poor husband knew that he was supposed to follow the officiant down the stairs when she started walking, and that would signify the start of the ceremony. She didn't wait for a cue from the wedding coordinator, she just walked in and STARTED THE WEDDING without ANY confirmation. I'm in my room finishing getting ready and having a special moment with my Dad when all of the sudden my photographers are yelling "your song, they're playing your song!" and "hurry, hurry, you're supposed to be walking down the aisle!" I was so confused. How could the wedding have started without me? Apparently my poor husband was waiting at the altar with "here comes the bride" playing for several agonizing minutes before I appeared. She even was belligerent with my photographer, refusing to stand in between my husband and I for a photo of her holding the marriage license. She literally REFUSED saying "it's bad luck." Who does that!? Hiring Rev. Marcia was the worst wedding decision I made. I'm just glad because it could have been worse and at least now we have a funny story.

Profile Picture User2680404, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I had a Celtic Handfasting ceremony, which gave me a hard time finding an officiant. When we met with Rev Marcia she was completely open about performing a Handfasting and accepted my self written vows (several other officiants gave me a hard time about not using the vows they were used to using). She made us feel very comfortable, like family. The wedding went beautifully, and Rev Marcia performed the Vows and "Declaration of Intent" perfectly. Even our photographer (who had witnessed thousands of weddings in his 40 year career) told me it was the most powerful non-religion based ceremony he had ever seen. Seven years later my husband and I renewed our vows and I was not willing to have any other officiant! Rev Marcia was very sick on the day of our renewal, but as she knew how important it was to us that we have her perform our renewal, she did not send someone else. Once again the ceremony was perfect, you couldnt tell at all how badly she was feeling. As a matter of fact, I had no idea she was sick until after the ceremony. She only told me because she couldnt stay for the reception and wanted me to know why. A wedding is one of the top things that happens in a persons life. You put everything in the hands of the Officiant. Rev Marcia is such a wonderful person that I not only entrusted her with this most important of jobs not just once but twice! I had no regrets either time. Should we ever renew our vows again, she will be the first person I go too.

Profile Picture jami, 5/16/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Marcia is amazing! She helped us create the perfect vows. She kept in close contact with us and was always quick to respond to any inquiries by email or phone. She is very welcoming. We had a wonderful service. Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Jaime, 6/2/11, 1 Review