PO Box 1747, Middleburg, VA 20118 Map · Phone number

About Saskia Paulussen Photography, LLC

I strive for excellence in artistic photojournalism. Color work captures beauty in both the individual hues and the picture’s narrative, while black & white photography allows emotions in the pictures to shine. Though every portfolio of pictures tells a story, I ensure each image communicates individually.

I specialize in photographing weddings, families, and especially children. I developed my photography skills through exploring the countryside since my move to Virginia from the Netherlands in 1999. I completed veterinary studies in Europe and photography studies at the Corcoran School of Art in Washington DC. I find joy in sharing special events with so many remarkable families.

I seek to capture a moment in life when the essence of each person is not only seen, but felt. I strive for unobtrusive photography, to best allow people to feel comfortable and at ease. Clients frequently tell me, “I never knew you were there.”

0473yvonneadamBWENH
0443DanielleGeorgeJune242007ENH
0551DanielleGeorgeJune242007ENH
0473yvonneadamBWENH

63 Reviews for Saskia Paulussen Photography, LLC

we hired Saskia for our wedding.....she was AMAZING!!!! we loved the classic look to her photos - and upon meeting her it was no question that she just HAD to photograph our wedding. She is so fun and talented and her personality is infectious. We couldn't have imagined working with anyone else. To add to all of this awesomeness.....she got the photos back to us super quickly!!! This was especially wonderful since we had a "social media free" wedding - so pretty much the first photos we got to see of our big day were Saskia's. Everything was perfect and we will cherish these photos for the rest of our lives. Thank you Saskia!

Sent on 10/10/2013

caitlin · Married on 11/24/2012

Absolutely wonderful photographer!!
    Saskia did an amazing job capturing our special day! Despite the freezing cold temperatures and brisk wind, she never let it interfere with her work and was extremely professional. When we were an hour behind schedule, Saskia gracefully guided us through the reception, capturing all of our requested "Pinterest-esque" photos, which all came out perfectly! We could not be happier with our photos and cannot wait to make some large canvas prints from them. We could not have asked for a better photographer! We will be in touch one day again I'm sure for future photos! Thanks Saskia! XOXO-Caitlin and Chris

Sent on 01/21/2013

Rachel · Married on 10/06/2012

THE BRIDE:
    My husband and I were fortunate enough to have Saskia be our photographer at our wedding on October 6, 2012. She was amazing. She was the exact right person for our wedding. Saskia kept us on time and moving through the entire day so that we could get all of the photo shots we had asked her for. I loved that she could tell us what to do in an extremely pleasant way and would let us know if we needed to stand up straight or face a different direction. This was our first and only wedding and had no idea what we were supposed to do. Saskia has so much experience and guided us through the entire process. When we received our photos, only one word came to mind and it was "magic." She capture every precious moment of the day and looking through the photos just brought the entire day back to memory. There was so much color that I never noticed and she captured it all. We are extremely grateful to have had Saskia at our wedding. We look forward to having her photograph other monumental events in our life.
    THE GROOM:
    Saskia was a wonderful choice for our wedding. In addition to being a top-notch photographer (and we reviewed many of the best in the DC/Baltimore/VA region), she brought so many other things to the table. She knew the Middleburg area vendors very well and was able to make recommendations for our cake, our DJ, etc. that were excellent (we used almost every recommendation). She also had a great personality and established a chemistry with my now wife, which eased the stress of the day and also showed in the photos. When we received the photos and shared them with family and friends, everybody raved about them and we heard several times that they looked like they were straight out of a bridal magazine. We were also very pleased with her flexibility on album options. Overall, she was a vital part of our wedding and went well beyond the role of photographer and we couldn't imagine having gone with anybody else.

Sent on 01/08/2013

Saskia Paulussen Photography, LLC FAQ

• What photography services do you offer? Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Negatives, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date

• Bluemont Vineyard
    Bluemont Vineyard Winery Weddings

Saskia has such a wonderful eye and captures truly unique moments. Capturing your wedding through her lens will ensure that your wedding memories will be cherished forever!

• Bluebells
    Bluebells Wedding Florists

Saskia always does an amazing job - she manages to capture every single moment without you even realizing she is there. She is fun and great to work with.

• A La Carte Catering + Event Design
    A La Carte Catering + Event Design Wedding Caterers

Saskia is a powerhouse of personality and style. She "gets it" and understands what it takes to capture your day, your way. When it comes to her art, she takes it very seriously and personally. The results are stunning.

• PO Box 1747 Middleburg, 20118 See on map