Risa James Events

2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,000 Package Price

2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,000 Package Price

Risa James Events is an über-organized wedding planner based in Sacramento, California. We want the happy couple to be able to have fun on their wedding day, not stress. We love to plan and orchestrate weddings and will do the worrying for you.

Risa James Events is owned by Risa Weaver-Enion. Risa is a former attorney who holds a Juris Doctor from Duke University School of Law. She realized planning weddings is far more fun than drafting licensing agreements, so she started the company in 2015 and since then has already won WeddingWire’s Couples' Choice Award for 2017, 2018, and 2019.

We offer day-of coordination, full planning and a la carte services at an hourly rate. We have three levels of service to suit your needs: Event Coordination, Event Planning and Event Design. Services include:

• Budget analysis
  • Guest list
  • Referrals
  • To-do list
  • Timelines

Areas Covered
Risa James Events is located in Sacramento, California but plans weddings throughout Northern California, including the cities of Davis, Camino and Roseville. She also travels out of the state and has planned events in the following cities:

• Washington D.C.
  • Los Angeles
  • Las Vegas
  • Pittsburgh
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$1800

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$2000

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$5500

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$75

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Cultural
Eco-Friendly
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

Jenn T. Married on 09/04/2021

Risa's extensive scope of services will make me a repeat customer!!!

Risa was one of the first vendors I booked after I secured my venue. I already wanted to book her after our consultation, but had to meet with other potential coordinators/planners before we could make a decision. Afterwards, it was a unanimous, no brainer choice - we chose Risa! When you know, you know.

I, like many 2020 brides, had to pivot from the big wedding celebration that I originally planned and decided to postpone it until the world was in a safer state. Risa made this decision so much easier by checking in on us and offering advice to us since we didn't know what to do.

When we finally decided it was best to postpone our wedding, she mentioned that she was also ordained. If we wanted to keep our original wedding date, we could elope and she could officiate. We quickly took her up on her offer!

Risa worked with us on the ceremony script by providing a template, nudged/reminded us to write our vows (we procrastinated lol), braved the California wildfires, hiked up and down a really sleep cliff, and married us!

Saying Risa went above and beyond would be an understatement. Risa is quick to adapt and can wear many different hats. She one-upped her role as my coordinator and stepped in as my officiant when my wedding didn't move forward as planned. My 2-witnesses elopement turned out to be way more epic than what I envisioned my 300-person wedding to be thanks to Risa's help. I can't wait to work with Risa again for my wedding next year!

Risa James Events's reply:

Thank you SO much, Jenn! Being able to officiate your elopement was seriously one of the highlights of my wedding planning career! I love that we were able to put that together despite all the hurdles Mother Nature threw at us, and I feel a special connection with you and Don after being the one to pronounce you married. Super excited to work on your big celebration in 2021!
  • Carolynn
    Carolynn K. Married on 07/08/2021

Wedding Planner

HANDS DOWN the smartest decision we made hiring Risa to plan and organize our event. We had to postpone due to COVID and she worked so hard to find us a new venue, organize all of our contracts and make the day of run so smoothly. If you were in question about hiring Risa this is your sign to do it!

Risa James Events's reply:

Thank you, Carolynn! I had such a blast working with you and Angel, and I couldn't be happier that we were able to find a great venue and hold your wedding despite all the hurdles! I wish you both all the happiness in the world throughout your marriage!
  • Colleen
    Colleen G. Married on 06/11/2021

Absolute Rockstar Wedding Coordination!

We carefully chose Risa as our day of coordinator for our June 2021 wedding in St. Helena, California. After researching many day of coordinators we decided to go with Risa James Events because of her comprehensive blog, clear communication and excellent reviews. Risa also has a helpful email series with a wealth of helpful tips and information.

Our wedding was originally scheduled for June of 2020 and Risa helped guide us through one of the trickiest situations, canceling and replanning a wedding with ease. When our big day finally arrived she was incredibly professional, organized and thorough. She gracefully coordinated so many moving parts and navigated a big team of vendors. Risa’s attention to detail, care for her clients and incredibly organized timeline made the entire process much easier. She even stayed late the night of the wedding to make sure everything was packed up and ready to go! I would without a doubt recommend Risa’s services to anyone in the Napa or Sacramento regions and beyond to help plan or coordinate their wedding. She was an incredible part of making our day perfect and my husband and I are incredibly grateful for her! Thank you, Risa!

Risa James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Colleen! It was a true delight to work with you and Christian, and I'm thrilled that we were able to have a wedding that was as close as possible to your pre-Covid plans. I wish you all the best in married life and beyond!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Selfie Monopoly Selfie Monopoly Photo Booths

RISA JAMES EVENTS FOR ALL YOUR SACRAMENTO-AREA EVENT-PLANNING NEEDS! Simple. Done!

Versace on the Floor Versace on the Floor Wedding Bands

Risa had me at the sight of the dachshund in the profile pictures. She comes highly recommended and it's obvious why. Professionals with great people skills are a rare find especially when it comes to the most important day of you life. <3

Total Exposure Band Total Exposure Band Wedding Bands

Very Professional and Highly Recommended.

Sacramento Sacramento, CA, 95814
Location of (Risa James Events)

Other vendors in Sacramento for your wedding