Pleiades Bridal & Design Studio

Richmond Wedding Collective 425 Strawberry St, Richmond, VA 23220 Map · Phone number

About Pleiades Bridal & Design Studio

Some brides dream of wearing their mother's or grandmother's wedding gown, however most think it will happen "only in their dreams!!" Pleiades Bridal can restyle, resize, restore or all of the above to create the look you want. We have been working this magic for over 38 years and have yet to have a gown that isn't begging to be worn again, but in a somewhat updated manner. This may only entail a good cleaning, but usually means adding fabric to resize, doing away with high necks & long sleeves...and definately retiring the "butt bows". Hemlines can be made longer or shorter, trains added or removed and new veils created to replace the old ones that didn't quite survive the years.

This is actually a fun process...it becomes a journey to savor as a family gown (or even a vintage shop "find") is transformed into more than what it began as. It's not for everyone, but for the adventerous bride who doesn't want what the rest of the bridal world is wearing out of the pages of the most recent magazine. Should you choose to explore this option for the most important day of your life, please contact us and give yourself the gift of knowing what your unique options are.

Follow Pleiades Bridal & Design Studio on

Pleiades Bridal & Design Studio 5
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 12/15/2018

Dream Come True!

Charla is amazing! I brought my grandmother's (and mother's) dress to her to be altered and modernized into my dream dress. I brought her a few pictures from Pinterest, and she literally created my dream dress! It is absolutely stunning! She took such good care of me throughout the process. She has such a kind, caring heart. I was even more grateful when she helped me when I had a small accident when I got home and tried my dress on again. I tore a small hole in the very delicate fabric. Charla made room in her very busy schedule pretty much immediately to fix my mistake. My veil is also by her design! cannot recommend her work enough!

Pleiades Bridal & Design Studio 6
    Pleiades Bridal & Design Studio 16
    Pleiades Bridal & Design Studio 17
    Sent on 12/31/2018

Gabriella · Married on 06/11/2016

Charla was an absolute pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to alter a new wedding dress or revamp a vintage treasure. A few months prior to the wedding, I had to begin some medical treatment that required the insertion of an IV port in my chest. I had already bought a strapless dress and was very anxious to figure out how I could alter the dress to cover the port & my medical dressings so that it looked like a fashionable, intentional part of the dress. I had literally been having nightmares about the whole thing, but when I met with Charla she put me at ease. I told her I wanted to make it a one-shoulder dress and to lower the back for some more drama. Luckily, Charla already had the exact same lace from my dress (Viera by Sottero & Midgley) that was scrapped from an old sample dress from Urban Set Bride (also HIGHLY recommended) that needed to be retired. On the front, she used two layers of organza as the base on which to overlay the lace and add beading to match the rest of the dress. The dress originally had a built-in corset, but she removed it and lowered the back, and used organza ribbon overlaid with more lace to continue the one strap in the back. Long story short, she did some MAJOR alterations to the dress and I love it even more than when I first bought it. She even let me have some more of the lace from Viera to decorate my toms shoes. Furthermore, her pricing is very reasonable and despite the major changes to my dress, the alterations were well within my budget. Charla is extremely talented and has an excellent eye for detail, not to mention she is very kind and fun to work with. I would highly recommend Charla for any and all of your alteration/dress creation needs!

Sent on 05/14/2016

Libby · Married on 06/04/2016

I had a great experience working with Charla on my wedding dress alterations and would highly recommend her services. I bought my dress at Urban Set Bride and only needed a few tweaks and a bustle and belt added. Charla did a great job on my dress, but I was most impressed with her help with my veil. I wanted to wear my mom's veil which had yellowed a good bit and was attached to a headpiece. Charla removed the veil and put it on a comb and was able to clean it up so that it looked beautiful. In addition, working with Charla was easy. She is friendly, professional, and a true master craftsman.

Sent on 07/30/2016

Pleiades Bridal & Design Studio FAQ

• Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
    Bridesmaids
    Flower Girls
    Mother of the Bride
    Mother of the Groom
    Ring Bearers
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Garters