1807 Staples Mill Rd., Richmond, VA 23230 Map · Phone number
1 review

About Puritan Cleaners

Why does Hand Craft Cleaners have such an awesome reputation for cleaning, restoring, and preserving heirlooms and wedding gowns? It is because the end result will leave you very pleased and satisfied! We have the experience, tools, and techniques available to remove difficult stains (even those you can’t see!), while treating the delicate fabric, lace, and beading with the care it requires. Here’s how the process works:

Prior to cleaning, we start out by inspecting your gown, noting every detail and concern prior to cleaning. We analyze every aspect of the gown - the fabric, dyes, weaves,etc. and note the composition of every embellishment. Every spot is analyzed and uniquely treated prior to cleaning and if necessary, repairs are made. We then determine the appropriate technique required to suit the cleaning needs of your unique gown. Once cleaned, we thoroughly inspect, once more, and hand-press. If desired, your gown is then carefully preserved using only the finest museum-quality, acid-free materials and placed in a preservation box. Once your gown is ready for pick-up, we will contact you and provide instructions for proper storage techniques.

To receive service, you may bring your gown at either of our two branch locations. Our locations are 5705 Patterson Avenue, Richmond 23226 and 2733 McRae Road, Richmond 23235. To receive an estimate and/or to discuss the details associated with cleaning your gown, we recommend you contact our Wedding Gown Specialist, Dan Thomas. Dan is detail-oriented and after over 40 years of experience, has a wealth of knowledge and expertise in this field. Feel free to contact Dan via phone at 804.212.7683 or via email ~ danthomas@handcraftservices.com.

Hand Craft Cleaners

~ Serving Richmond for close to 50 years!

Other couples have also viewed

• Here & Now Bridal
  • Annalise Bridal Boutique
  • Caryn's Bridals, Formals & Tuxedos
logo specialty
logo specialty

1 Reviews for Puritan Cleaners

Nicole E. · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing customer service and cleaning/preserving

Dan from HandCraft Cleaners is both a true customer service and wedding gown cleaning/preserving professional. When I dropped off my gown with Dan he looked at the whole gown with me to set realistic expectations of what likely would come out completely and what might be trickier. He also gave me an estimate for pick-up timing. When I dropped my gown off it was mid-November, which is peak season after all the fall weddings; Dan estimated about 90 days. My gown was finished almost exactly 90 days later. Dan let me know it was ready by sending me a text message and photos of my gown. At pickup, Dan again reviewed the gown with me and showed me how almost every stain was completely gown. He then boxed my gown with acid-free tissue paper and even gave me extra to protect my veil which I chose not to have cleaned. The display box was then put into another box to protect it from dust during storage. The whole process was friendly, transparent, and professional. I am so thankful for Dan and his team and would recommend anyone to go to HandCraft Cleaners for their wedding gown cleaning/preservation! Side note: the cost was mostly for cleaning, so if you are on the fence about preserving--do it!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Puritan Cleaners's reply:

Thank you for your kind review! We are so very pleased to know you had a great experience and happy with the outcome! We will share your feedback with Dan and his team.

Puritan Cleaners FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?
    Under $500
  • What are your price ranges for full-priced suits and tuxedos?
    $200 - $499
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
    Groomsmen
    Mother of the Bride
    Mother of the Groom
    Ring Bearers
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Cleaning
    Preservation
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Bridal Belts
    Bridal Gowns
    Customary Attire
    Dress Replicas
    Formal Gowns
    Plus Size Gowns
    Tuxedo Rentals
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?
    Less than 6 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns?
    Weekly

• 1807 Staples Mill Rd. Richmond, VA, 23230 See on map
    Location of (Puritan Cleaners)