922 University City Blvd., Blacksburg, VA 24060 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 2

About Chantilly Lace

Chantilly Lace Bridals, Formals, & Tuxedos, was established in 1990 with the vision of providing high quality personalized service to bridal and special occasion customers with a genuine commitment and respect to personal style and expression. Our reputation for providing customers with an unparalleled selection and our superior quality throughout all price ranges has established us as a premier Bridal Salon in the Southeast. Our experience in apparel design, bridal consultation and in-store alteration services guarantee you personalized attention and complete satisfaction.

M A R L A  K E M S E Y  |  O W N E R

The passion Marla brings to the bridal industry was developed early in her life through a love of sewing and a keen eye for fashion. After graduating from Radford University in 1984 with a degree in fashion design, and 6 years as a buyer and then district manager, Marla decided to begin a career in bridal and formal wear. Her intimate knowledge of sewing, paired with her taste and design ability, would serve her well as she opened Chantilly Lace in 1990. Marla is an expert in bridal gown alterations and facilitates all gown alterations and fittings in the boutique. Marla has first class reviews and provides a second to none service for our brides.

B R E N N A  S T R A W  |  B O U T I Q U E  M A N A G E R

Marla opened Chantilly Lace when her oldest daughter, Brenna, was one. Brenna’s love of the bridal and fashion industry started at a very young age and has expanded and evolved over time. Throughout grade school, Brenna could be found helping her mom in the boutique as much as possible. After graduating high school, Brenna spent time in NYC at the Fashion Institute of Technology and Belize, but ultimately decided to finish her degree in Blacksburg at Virginia Tech. While finishing school, she worked part time at Chantilly Lace and rediscovered her love of the bridal industry. After graduating in 2012, she took over for her mom as the boutique’s full time manager; and has been an invaluable asset as sales have tripled. Brenna is very well versed in helping brides find their perfect gown, and provides a one of a kind bridal shopping experience for our brides.

Follow Chantilly Lace on

Other couples have also viewed

• Ashley Grace Bridal

1 User photo

• Margaretrose

Margaret · Married on 05/26/2019

Great experience

I had a really good experience at this bridal salon. I went ~2 weeks after Blacksburg homecoming at 10 am on a Saturday and I was the only one there. I was helped by Meredith and Tracy. They were both extremely helpful and knew when to suggest dresses and when to let me pick my own to try on. They also pretty quickly picked up on my style and what I was looking for so they were able to suggest real options I actually liked.

They were also not pushy when I said I needed some time to think it over but made sure I had all the information I needed to order the dress I had picked.

Even though I went by myself they were really helpful in getting me into the dresses (I get that this is probably not the best part of the job but I really appreciated the help) and didn’t make me feel awkward for not having people with me.

Basically I really appreciated the help that Meredith and Tracy gave me and they made the experience really great.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Mariah · Married on 01/14/2017

My family was on vacation to get some wedding planning done and have a weekend away and we stumbled into Chantilly Lace. Gorgeous store and an adorable family run business. My dress didn't fit when we came back for the fitting and they were able to do the alterations in less than 24 hours and had a fitting with the seamstress without any extra charge!

Sent on 03/19/2017

Allison · Married on 12/10/2016

I was beyond happy with my experience at Chantilly Lace. They had a surprisingly large selection of amazing wedding gowns that I had seen online. Brenna was so nice and such a huge help! She truly made me feel special. They also held my dress and veil until right before the wedding day. They made sure they were steamed and ready to go, which was a huge bonus. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Chantilly Lace FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?
    $500 - $999
    $1,000 - $2,499
  • What are your price ranges for suit and tuxedo rentals?
    Under $100
    $100 - $199
  • How do you price dress alterations?
    By Piece
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
    Groomsmen
    Mother of the Bride
    Mother of the Groom
    Ring Bearers
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Alterations
    Preservation
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Bridal Belts
    Tuxedo Rentals
    Tuxedos
    Undergarments
    Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?
    6-8 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns?
    Seasonally
  • What is your return policy?
    Exchanges

2 Real Weddings

• 922 University City Blvd. Blacksburg, 24060 See on map
    5409510669 (Fax Number)
    Location of (Chantilly Lace)