119 B North Bridge Street, Bedford, VA 24523 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 13

About The Gilded Thimble

Specializing in Bridal gown alterations, The Gilded Thimble makes dreams come true with their renowned custom fit.

To make an inquiry or to make an appointment, please visit our website at www.thegildedthimble.com/contact/ and fill out the appointment request form. We do not use Wedding Wire's messaging. In order for your inquiry to not get lost, please communicate with us directly. Thank you and happy planning! :)

veil 5260
instruction
From sleeveless to full lace sleeves
From sleeveless to full lace sleeves
Extreme upsizing
Extreme upsizing
Sample gown repair.  The clamps they use in bridal shops are destructive
Sample gown repair. The clamps they use in bridal shops are destructive
Delicate stacked lace straps, made form scratch
Delicate stacked lace straps, made form scratch
One dress, two different sweetheart options.  Pinched or cut out. Go to our website to view many...
One dress, two different sweetheart options. Pinched or cut out. Go to our website to view many...
Vintage redesign with custom, hand sewn lace design
Vintage redesign with custom, hand sewn lace design
Your mom's dress not your cup o' tea?  Maybe you won't even consider it for a redesign for your...
Your mom's dress not your cup o' tea? Maybe you won't even consider it for a redesign for your...
img5467ed1for slideshow

The Gilded Thimble 2
The Gilded Thimble 3
The Gilded Thimble 4

Katelyn · Married on 10/13/2018

Carissa with the Gilded Thimble is OUTSTANDING! I cannot say enough positive things about her & they way she does business. She answered all of my texts within no time. She accommodates her clients and makes you feel at home during the “sew while you wait” session. Her work is AMAZING! My dress is everything I could’ve dreamed of. She is definitely in the right business! If you want someone to take care of you & ensure you feel confident on your big day, take it to her! I would’ve never wanted to take my dress to anyone else!!!! So excited for my big day and how beautiful my gown is!!!!

Sent on 09/27/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/06/2018

If I could give more than 5 stars, I would! Everything about my experience with the Gilded Thimble was wonderful. Carissa is a delightful person to work with and she put both my mom and myself at ease throughout the entire alteration process (which can be difficult, when you can see your dress being cut apart throughout the process). Her studio is beautiful and comfortable. We could't believe how quickly our Sew While Wait session flew by and we enjoyed every second. Also, of course, the dress was absolutely PERFECT! This woman is a magician and so incredibly talented! If you want your alteration process to be fun and enjoyable, choose the Gilded Thimble! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Caitlin · Married on 05/05/2018

She did a great job with my dress alterations! She did them quickly and was very nice to work with. She was also flexible with the scheduling of my dress fitting which was nice to have since I am a teacher. I would highly recommend to anyone needing wedding dress alterations!

Sent on 05/21/2018
    The Gilded Thimble 5
    The Gilded Thimble 6

The Gilded Thimble FAQ

• How do you price dress alterations? By Piece
  • Who do you provide services for? Bride
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations, Appointments Only, Cleaning, Full Customization, Preservation
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Belts, Garters, Hair Accessories, Undergarments, Veils
  • What is your return policy? Exchanges, Full Refund

• Sorella Farms
    Sorella Farms Barn & Farm Weddings

Carissa at The Gilded Thimble is a master craftsman. She has worked her magic for many of our Sorella Farms brides as well as three of our family members. We would trust her with any dress, any alteration, anytime! She also provides a wonderful service, coming to your venue for last minute emergency alterations, steaming, and more, not only for the bride, but for bridal party as well!

• Glencliff Manor
    Glencliff Manor Mansion Weddings

We wouldn't send our brides any where else. The Gilded Thimble are dress magicians !

• 119 B North Bridge Street Bedford, 24523 See on map