Nearby Vendors to Consider

About BittersweetNYC

Many childhood memories are born of sweet kitchen creations… a fragrance, a flavor…Bittersweet recreates memories, bringing these fragrances and flavors to your next event. Punctuate your next celebration with the rare beauty and essence of Indian inspired desserts & cakes created with your expectations in mind.

Whether you are seeking ethnic sweets, inspired desserts, or cakes, Surbhi Sahni works with your tastes to create a magical last course that will leave your guests asking for more.

www.bittersweetnyc.com

surbhi@bittersweetnyc.com

natalie@bittersweetnyc.com

646 515 9959

Categories: Wedding Cake

Regions serviced: New York City

Follow BittersweetNYC on

8 Reviews for BittersweetNYC

I knew I wanted a unique flavor combo for my wedding cake and Bittersweet is the PERFECT place to go! After perusing their site and speaking with Natalie about their menu of options, I set up a tasting where I met with Surbhi at her husband's restaurant in midtown NYC. My husband and I tired 6 different cakes, based on notes I shared w/ Natalie and I must admit, they were all wonderful. Not a cookie cutter combination either. Spicy chocolate, coconut saffron... all unique and creative. What really stood out was the quality of the cake. It was light and moist, delicious and flavorful. I must admit, I am not a cake person at weddings - it's just not something I've gravitated towards because they often taste store bought, or expected. This is the opposite! Surhbi bakes some of the best cakes I've EVER tried. Super high quality!

My husband and I selected the coconut saffron with a fig filling and it was absolutely delicious. Our guests RAVED about the cake and one person loved it so much he ate FOUR slices! I was able to work with Surbhi on the design details, and after sending her inspiration/Pinterest ideas, she nailed the look - it was simple, sophisticated and stunning. She even let me borrow her cake platter which was a nice savings on the rental front.

The only caveat I had was the email correspondence was tough. I definitely had to follow up often and remind her to send me contract, etc. However, when it came down to it, Bittersweet was flexible on both pricing and delivered an amazing wedding cake that I could not have been happier with. Would definitely recommend, and I will 100% be returning for our anniversary dessert :)

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/10/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Surbhi was absolutely wonderful to work with! She made a gorgeous cake for our wedding reception. It was a real show-stopper, a major conversation piece for the evening. It was an Indian wedding, and she took a small sample of my dress and did a pattern on the cake to match, and the top of the cake was decorated with elephants. We told her a little about our vision and then trusted her to run with it, and she exceeded our expectations. Oh and it tasted great too!

Surbhi also did our wedding favors, which were small boxes of chocolate truffles. Amazing. They were delicious, rich and felt like a very decadent treat to give our guests.

Surbhi did a great job of working within our budget, everything was on time, she was responsive. Overall a pleasure to work with and I look forward to working with her again in the future!

P.S. She was also helpful with making a gluten-free small cake for some guests with allergies.

Profile Picture User4101407, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Cake

I am very happy to have chosen bittersweet's cakes. I didn't want a traditional vanilla or chocolate cake. The cake we tasted, loved, and ordered was the pistachio cardamom cake. It was awesome. Surbhi was very accomodating and Natalie responds very quickly to emails. I am definately recommending bittersweet to my friends and family if they need cakes.

Profile Picture Jane, 10/26/13, 3 Reviews