Brooklyn, NY 11256 Map · Phone number

About Lael Cakes

Lael is a boutique bakery specializing in vegan and gluten-free cakes. We use unique blends of flours—from traditional cake flour to coconut, quinoa, almond, and more. Our works are vibrantly colored with dyes extracted from the natural pigments of local fruits and vegetables. Every sumptuous recipe and elegant design is thoughtfully crafted to thrill the pallet and the eye of each client. Sugar is our art.

img5028
pic 32 500x750
95IMG2926JenHuang
Lael Cakes
prettiest wedding cakes pictures new york
brooklyn wedding with breathtaking floral design 0
pic 32 500x750
95IMG2926JenHuang

14 Reviews for Lael Cakes

Mallory · Married on 09/15/2018

I've been vegan for 15 years, and always assumed a traditional wedding cake wouldn't be an option for me.... then, as vegan bakeries got better and better, I found myself a gluten-free partner, and assumed again that we wouldn't be able to have a traditional cake.

Then we found Emily at Lael Cakes, and what can I say? Dreams do come true. (Yes, dreams. I LOVE CAKE!)

In addition to the remarkable beauty of her cakes, they taste great. We got three fascinating and fantastic flavor combinations, and people were shocked how good everything was. Though we had a 100% vegan and gluten-free wedding, we had only a small number of veg*an and/or gluten-free guests, so we took a LOT of teasing leading up to the date that people would be smuggling in "real" food.

They ate their words, and then went back for a second piece of cake.

Seriously, Emily's cakes are SO GOOD, that they don't get those caveats: "Good for vegan," or "Way better than most gluten-free cakes," or anything like that. These cakes are just GOOD. Light, flavorful, not overly-sweet but still hitting the "cake" note (these are not health foods).

I'll definitely use her services for special events moving forward, not just weddings. In fact, I might invent reasons to need to order a cake. They're just that good!

Flavors:
    -Lemon cake with strawberry-basil buttercream
    -Olive oil cake with vanilla buttercream and fresh figs
    -Ginger-spice cake (think somewhere between gingerbread and carrot cake) with orange blossom buttercream

Lael Cakes 1
    Lael Cakes 2

Megan · Married on 10/21/2016

As long-time vegans, we never questioned having a fully vegan (and mostly gluten-free) wedding, but we never thought we would find such elegant and magazine-worthy desserts as Emily's. She was recommended to us by our caterer and I immediately fell in love with her aesthetic. We met her for a tasting and loved everything! It was tough to decide but she worked out a plan that included lots of flavor options, and featured a stunning tiered cake, mini cupcakes and mini pies. It is unreal how great her desserts taste, especially for being gluten-free. All of our guests raved, most of whom are not vegan or gluten-free. My only wish was that we had ordered more - the cupcakes and mini pies were such a huge hit that they will gone almost instantly!

The entire process was super easy and organized too!

Danielle · Married on 04/10/2016

Emily created the most delicious and beautiful cake I have ever seen. I gave her some ideas of what I wanted, and the finished product exceeded what I had imagined. As a vegan, it was important to me to have a vegan cake. I never knew I would be able to have a vegan cake with magazine worthy design. I had so much fun at our first meeting and tasting the different flavors I was interested. It was really difficult to narrow down to one choice because they were all so incredible. She flexible and let me pick different flavors for each tier! She then sketched out the ideas I had right in front of me and a few weeks later game me a sketch via email. I really appreciated that she was able to give us all necessary documents electronically. My wedding cake was as beautiful as it was delicious. I'm actually looking forward to my one year anniversary so I can eat the top tier!

Lael Cakes FAQ

• What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 3.00
  • What services do your prices include? Consultation, Custom Cake Design, Delivery, Tastings - Private
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Croquembouche, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake
  • What services do you provide? Delivery, Setup