White Carriage Bridal and Boutique

Flexibility:
 (4.4/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
I love this place. After going to multiple shops I saved this one for last. I had purchased both my prom dresses from them and had great experiances with them. They have always been great even with me rarely making an appointment. They are very accommendating with assisiting with bridsmaids that are out of state. They know who we are when we go in and make it a very professional atmosphere.
Wedding: 09/27/2014
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5
Seamstress has very limited hours (hense the flexibility rating). Other than that, this place made me feel so beautiful & they have the beat prices on designer gowns that I found! Both my sister-in-law and her sister got their dresses here, too. Highly recommended!
Wedding: 09/06/2013

Private User 5 Reviews
This is a small boutique but with a great selection. They carry some styles and designers that are difficult to find at the large chains. You work directly with the owner or a handful of employees. She is great at pulling dresses to match your vision and your budget. She respects your price point. I was able to find my dress with in 1 hour of working with her.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I am a plus size bride so the idea of dress shopping was scary for me to begin with. I looked online to at certain designer sites to see who carried their dresses. White Carriage came up and I called and asked if they had any dresses in my size. The lady on the phone was amazing, she told me every dress by designer and model number they had in my size. I looked online and I did not think any of those dresses were for me. However I was very impressed with their customer service so I kept the number. After looking around some more and finding a dress I liked at a chain store (and being told I would have to pay all sorts of rush fees) I went back to White Carriage to try on their dresses. While there I talked to the lady and told her about the dress I liked. She called the designer and found out I would be able to order the dress I wanted without a rush fee. Since I am also short we decided it would be best for me to have the designer do a hollow to hem on the dress for me since it was a very detailed skirt. She also helped me to find a jacket that looked amazing with my dress. I placed my order and waited for the dress to come in. The designer messed up the hollow to hem and my dress was too short! I was in a panic since it took 6 months for my dress to come in, I was unsure how we could get this corrected. The ladies at the shop called the designer and had another dress 1 size smaller shipped in over night. The new dress was a little long but they came up with a solution! I felt beautiful on my wedding day and am thrilled I went with White Carriage. They have amazing customer service and they truly care about their customers. They worked so hard to make sure that I had a dress I loved and felt good in.
Wedding: 12/01/2012
4.4/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Great experience! Made me feel comfortable and welcome every time I went in the store. Very positive and upbeat staff. Owner is the one working the most it seems which shows to me that she takes pride in her shop and her brides.
Wedding: 10/22/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Love the dress, looked at several places they were the most helpful, small boutique but right on top of everything great job
Wedding: 10/01/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Love my experience at White Carriage. Immediately after walking in the door, the attendant picked out the dress that I ended up wearing for my wedding. They carry Maggie Sottero gowns that are really flattering to curvy girls like myself. It was a much more pleasant experience than the large bridal stores that either treat you like a prisoner after walking through the door (why do I need to fill out forms before trying on dresses?) or make you lug 20 lbs dresses up and down the aisle. The dress was at the highest end of affordable for me, but, in the end, it was worth every penny. Bonus! Free veil.
Wedding: 11/13/2010
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
All the ladies that I worked with were very helpful and a pleasure each time I was there. They had a vast selection of dresses. One of the reasons I got my dress here is because they had several designers that give you lots of color choices. I picked a Maggie dress and felt gorgeous on my wedding day. Everything went smooth from beginning to end. Thank you White Carriage Bridal Ladies!!
Wedding: 10/16/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
What an incredible experience. The ladies here truly make you feel welcome and are open and honest and make it so special to be shopping here for your special day. I went in with my future sister-in-law and mother-in-law (my mom couldn't make it) almost as a joke not expecting to really look that day. Wendy picked out a few dresses for me to try on and I completely fell in love with something I didn't even think I would like on the rackr...she wrote down my top picks and a week later I went back with my mom. This time around was even better...by now they had gotten to know me a little more and knew what I liked, didn't like, and I felt like they were family....The best part was they make it about you and what you want and they treat you so well. I would recommend White Carriage any time as they really do go above and beyond with service to make this experience somethings so special!!
Wedding: 09/04/2010
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
I went to a different boutique before White Carriage and fell in love with a Maggie Sottero dress but it was way over priced. I called White Carriage and found out that they carried Maggie dresses and was able to order it for HALF THE PRICE! Dottie and her staff were very helpful with ordering my dress. I would recommend White Carriage to any bride!
Wedding: 05/22/2010
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
They did an excellent job on my alternations. I was an outside client house of brides really did a number on me and they calmed me down and got my dress to fit and it looked beaufiful. Thanks to the ladies at White Carriage for making my day wonderful.
Wedding: 05/08/2010
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
White Carriage Bridal has alot of great dresses to choose from in a variety of prices. They had all alterations done on time and done well. The one thing that I didn't like is that they only have alterations 1 night a week from like 4 to 8 and no weekend alterations. It wasn't easly to work my work schedule around that but you make it work. Otherwise, a good place to look for a beautiful gown.
Wedding: 10/10/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
As a mother of the bride I never worried about anything with my dress or my daughters. WHITE CARRIAGE BRIDAL in Shorewood, IL and staff were wonderful to do business with. What a pleasure! Dottie was able to special order a dress from the Impressions mother of the bride collection that was the perfect dress for me and I'd looked for months and at hundreds of gowns at other salons. The seamstress, Sherry, was wonderful and the alterations for my daughters, the bride and maid of honor as well as other bridesmaids were fit to perfection! My daughter's gown was amazing and she looked beautiful! The full service this salon offers is great.
Wedding: 09/18/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
White Carriage Bridal was about the 20th place I went to try on wedding dresses. The shop is small, but very cute, and the owner and employees are VERY helpful and accomodating. My wedding dress was a Casablanca, the 2nd one I tried on. I immediately teared up and knew (after 100+ dresses!) that this was absolutely the one I wanted to get married in. They even dimmed the lights and put a veil and jewelry on me to give me the full effect. I currently live out of state so they scheduled my fittings for Saturdays when I would be in town, which was VERY helpful. I got my dress about 6 months in advance and went in for 1 fitting to make small adjustments and a 2nd one just to make sure everything fit perfectly. A friend of mine bought the exact same dress in the state I live in and paid $500.00 more than what White Carriage charged me, and I looked around for it online to compare, so I feel like the price was right. My dealings with this vendor were completely hassle free and I would recommend them to anyone! My best friend also got a Casablanca there and was VERY happy with the price and service. Now they only need a bigger store to accomodate their growing popularity!
Wedding: 07/31/2009
1.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  1.0
When I first went in to get my dress they helped me to pick out a few and put them on. But after that they were just not responsive and too interested in Prom season to care about the Bridal dress. Once I found the one I liked I ordered it and she told me it was to be in at the beginning of March, have you I ordered it in November! So when I called at the END of March she told me my dress had not made it in to her shop and she had no idea where it was and she was sorry she had been having some personal issues. I do not know her at all so I don't know why she would have mentioned that...and she was the owner of the store. Then after a couple weeks she found where my dress was (still not shipped to the States) this was a Casablanca Dress. Then I got my dress just 4 weeks prior to the wedding on June 6th and she then carelessly scheduled my FIRST fitting another week from that point! Then I got fitted and she told me another TWO weeks I could come back to see if it fitted. TWO WEEKS that means a week and a half before my wedding! Because she was too busy with Prom. Then once I came back we thought we could take the dress home..it was fully paid for and she said oh it still has to be pressed and that would take another week and I could pick my dress up the Thursday before my wedding. 3 days before my wedding! Granite I still had to see if my jewelry looked right and evertything else. So I decided to pick it up early so that I could have it due to MY schedule and it wasn't pressed yet. So I took anyways having a friend press it for me and I asked if there was anythign she could do price wise since my dress came in so late and in a stressful time she alone gave me a lot of stress and she said there was nothing she could do for me. And she never even said Congratulations or Good luck or anything she handed me my dress and said Thank you and that was it. I would not recomend this to somebody I got more help at David's Bridal then this little boutique!
Wedding: 06/06/2009
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0

darrell brace 3 Reviews
great dress got many compliments.
Wedding: 06/22/2008