The Johnson & Wales Commissary at The JWU Inn

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
2.0

I ordered a cake from Johnson & Wales Commissary, and while the quality of the cake was wonderful, I was very unhappy with the presentation. It looked like it was slapped together 10 minutes before it was delivered. There were supposed to be beads of frosting that looked looked pearls seperating each layor. They were completely left off. The draping of the fondent was only done on the front of the cake. The back was completely bare, and the draping that was there was not nearly as full as the picture showed. And finally, there were no roses on top of the cake. I was really very unhappy with it. When we returned the dummy cake the next day and told the executive pastry chef, she said absolutely nothing; no apology, no explanation, nothing. She just took the check and left. Had I been there when the cake was delivered, I would have refused it.

Services Used: Wedding Cake
Profile Picture
Josh & Monique
02/07/2009

I wanted a VERY unique shaped cake and Johnson & Wales was the only place I went to that was able to easily do it! They even made a dummy cake for me at one of our meetings so I can see what my real cake would look like! The cake tasting was off-the-charts amazing! They are a trans-fat free bakery (yippee!) and the butter cream is unbelievable, much better than any other bakery I tried. We ended up selecting a while cake with light butter cream layers and a white fondant over a 7-tiered cake. It was beautiful! Highly recommended!

Services Used: Wedding Cake