Oventz Event Planning

Oventz Event Planning

Signature Events, Inspired By You

New York, NY | map
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly / ...
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

In a word: AWESOME, PROFESSIONAL, PERSONABLE, ACCESSIBLE, INCREDIBLE, RESPONSIVE...okay that was more than one word, but Odessa Hamilton and Oventz Event Planning did an AMAZING job with our wedding planning and coordination. My wife and I live in Maryland and were planning a wedding in NYC. Odessa personally toured us around to the various venues until we found the right one that met our vision, style, expectations and budget! She handled us like newborns and held our hands from soup to nuts throughout this process.

The finished product was an AMAZING experience that not only we were over-satisfied with, but our parents and guests and extended family as well. Oventz thoroughly exceeded our expectations.

We said "Yes" to Oventz!!! My wife and I would highly recommend their services without any reservation!!!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Yaw
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Oventz were fantastic in carrying out my wedding. Their daily attention to detail was unparalleled. They were able to take our vision, and mold it into something greater than what we could conceive. Although our wedding was in a different state, Odessa and her staff at Oventz, made the execution of our wedding seamless.

Ovetnz cares not only about the wedding day, but the couple, their guests and life after the wedding; their premiere goal is to make sure the bride and groom's vision is met while staying within and even under budget. I've never met a company so dedicated to saving their clients money as much as Oventz.

From their coordination of vendors to ensuring that our wedding day was as stress free as possible, Odessa and her team did an outstanding job of creating a lifetime of memories. There is absolutely no way that we would have been able to handle our wedding without the assistance, dedication, love and care demonstrated by Oventz. Oventz even helped my mother and coordinate our traditional engagement party as a courtesy; a true testament to their commitment to their clients!

Job Well Done to such a great company. All of my bridesmaids and several guests envision utilizing their services in the future. Many of my vendors, some of whom have been in the bridal business for over twenty years, commented on the attention to detail and professionalism of Oventz. Overall, Oventz is a class act and I would recommend them highly.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Odessa was incredible. During the wedding planning process she became family to us. Her professionalism on the date of the wedding was perfect.

We could not have made it to our wedding day and through the day without Odessa. Cecilia and I love you.
Jerome Hurt

• Wedding: 09/20/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I first met Odessa Hamilton at a Bridal Expo earlier this year. We connected immediately. Her passion for details, compassion for the Bride (and Groom) and her incredible giving nature made her a sheer delight to work with.

Odessa catered to our every need from the very first meeting - through our wedding and attentive follow-up in the days after the big day. Every detail: our Save the Date, the invitations, the florists, the venue, other vendor coordination were handled as if she were planning her own wedding.

While I know she was working on other weddings during our time together, I was never made to feel like me or my wedding were not of the utmost importance. She remained dedicated and committed throughout the process.

By the day of the wedding, my husband and I felt like Odessa was a member of our family. Several family and friends commented on what a delight she was.

I consider myself a planner, I am usually the detailed person making sure things run smoothly. Odessa allowed me to "be the Bride" and enjoy my day, knowing that she would have it all under control.

I can't imagine our day without Odessa. She was such a blessing to us.

• Wedding: 09/20/2013
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Odessa of Oventz Planning was very helpful throughout the planning process and promptly responded to emails, particularly as I was based abroad during the preparation.

She provided hands on assistance to my wife and I appreciate the work she provided, including on the wedding day itself. Thank you

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I came to Oventz quite late in the wedding planning process. I was full of ideas and no real direction. Odessa met with me on numerous occasions to discuss logistics before I even booked her services. Her team is incredibly professional and I would recommend them for weddings, baby showers, birthday parties you name it. If they are still around when me and my husband renew our vows in 10 years I will definitely be a client.

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Odessa Hamilton, of Oventz Event Planning, and her services were phenomenal! Ours was a destination wedding in Atlanta Georgia. I am a New York girl! From the very first meeting she helps to crystallize your ideas into dreams that come true. Our invitations were gorgeous and she helps to create so much excitement. She always made me feel like my wedding design and planning were as important to her as they were for me.

Odessa was flexible, insightful and a professional at all times and has a delightful personality. It was nice to have my very own Lady O, to roll out my special day. My guests were so pleased and happy to see
how beautifully she decorated our reception venue.......our home!

I would highly recommend her as you won't go wrong!

Arsenia Delgado
Brooklyn, NY

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
Services Used: Invitations, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Oventz is truly a premiere event planning company. Odessa is a no nonsense tour de force, truly a class act of impeccable quality. She took us from concept to visualization and ultimately to reality. She made our wedding the most enjoyable fun filled, life changing event. The services she provides go beyond the usual wedding services. Her empathic demeanor helped mediate what is a very stressful yet exciting time to a manageable and enjoyable one.We were truly blessed to have entered her establishment and make her acquaintance.

• Wedding: 07/14/2013
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Dress & Attire, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Invitations, Party Supplies, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My fiancé and I looked at a number of wedding invitation vendors, but just couldn’t find something we loved. Then we found Odessa. Working with her to create the perfect wedding invitation was a dream come true. She is responsive, professional, and just such a pleasure to work with. She will help you choose colors, fonts, styles, etc. She has an amazing flair for finding something that will be perfect for your big day.

We simply cannot say enough wonderful things about Oventz and Odessa!!!! We recommend her highly for all of your wedding paper needs.

• Wedding: 06/08/2013
Services Used: Invitations
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Oventz (Odessa, Danielle, & team) has done such a great job at our wedding from beginning to end! Our vintage themed wedding was not what our friends and family expected -- we ultimately blew them away. Each and everyone of them had such a blast! Everything came together perfectly and we have oventz to thank for that!

• Wedding: 05/31/2013
Aceryl
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Odessa was the best thing that happened to my wedding. I was nervous, because my venue didn’t have an onsite coordinator and we had to bring in all of our vendors. I knew I needed a day-of coordinator, but I didn’t want to pay a fortune for one. A friend recommended Odessa, and after meeting with her, my then fiancé and I looked at each other and we knew we had to have her.

She has this calming demeanor, which can put any crazed bride at peace (the week leading up to the wedding, I was sending out a million emails, and she responded to each issue). She is also excellent at what she does. I had so many vendors for my wedding, and she took care of coordinating everything. I also had all these activities and papers and decorations to put up, and on the day before the wedding, I gave her 10+ bags of things to set up. The next day, everything was set up even better than I had imagined, since she has the artistic sense to know what looks better.

Most importantly, she was incredibly flexible. Initially, we were only going to have one additional assistant, but she felt we needed an third assistant to make things run smoothly and was even willing to absorb that cost herself simply to ensure that the wedding would run smoothly. And then on the wedding day, we asked her at the last minute to stay additional hours to make sure there were no problems (esp with clean-up), and she immediately agreed, even collecting items that I completely forgot about (like my cake toppers). Like I said, Odessa made my wedding happen, because she knew what to do and got it done, and all with such a calming presence that put me at ease throughout the entire day.

Oventz Event Planning responded with the following comments:

You're both so very gracious! We are very fond of all our clients, so always elated to receive such delightful feedback... With thanks and love.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Where do we begin? We had just a few months to plan a wedding for 200 people with some very specific requirements coming from a family of opinionated perfectionists, and Odessa & company handled it all with aplomb. Our wedding ceremony was held at our local church in Astoria, Queens and our reception was held at the Loeb Central Park Boathouse in the city.

Given the very tight timeframes (about seven months) and our indecision with some aspects of the wedding, Odessa's calming presence and professional advice made a huge impact on making sure we stayed on track, in particular with budgeting and timelines. We leveraged her for negotiating with all the vendors, both ones she sourced (like photographer, band, limos, etc) and ones we found (DJ, reception venue), which resulted in her services paying for itself.

Just as important, however, was her collaborative approach and the ability to determine when we just needed guidance, or when we needed an immediate resolution.

Odessa and her staff made themselves an indispensable part of the entire process. She never failed to smile despite the many, many (many!) very late night phone calls, emails, and visits in the final few weeks. She even surprised us with a gift on the day-of, where we made our entrance to the cocktail hour via gondola.

We're glad to have made a friend in Odessa and can't thank her enough for all she did for us.

Oventz Event Planning responded with the following comments:

You're so very gracious, and we cannot thank you enough for being such a wonderful couple and family to work with. I'm elated we had the opportunity to assist you with your wedding!

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
Services Used: Invitations, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Omg I love love love Odessa from Oventz. If I could give her more than five stars I would. She is definetly one in a million.
My husband proposed in April of 2011 and by October 2011 we booked our venue. During the first couple of months of planning I was very stressed and overwhelmed. By December 2011 I knew wedding planning was not my forte and needed to hire a wedding planner fast. Thank the good Lord I came across Oventz and met Odessa. She is definetly an angel sent from above. I just knew from our first meeting that she would plan the perfect wedding for my husband and I. On August 3, 2012 Mrs. Odessa and her team delivered nothing but perfection. Throughout the wedding process Odessa was calm cool and collective. She is patient and full of radiance. Anything my husband and I wanted or needed for the wedding, she did everything in her power to make it happen. Don't worry if your on a budget because Odessa will definetly stick to it. I would become stressed at times and Odessa always told me to stop stressing because your wedding day will be perfect and it was. Everyone loves Odessa and I mean everyone my mom, dad, sisters wedding party and guest. My guest are still talking about the wedding to this day. I am thankful to Odessa and her team for giving my husband and I the wedding of our dreams. Odessa will always be apart of our lives.

For all your event needs hire Oventz. You will definetly be in good hands and your day will be memorable.

Oventz Event Planning responded with the following comments:

You and your family were so fun to work with... Planning is always exhilarating, but you were the icing on the cake! Thank you for the review, it means a lot.

• Wedding: 08/03/2012
Sarina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Your wedding day is supposed to be a milestone in your life and one spent with family and friends. Due to the care, quality, and professionalism of Odessa and her staff at Oventz, our wedding day was everything we imagined it to be! A garden rooftop New York City wedding with a reception in a loft. Most importantly, an unforgettable day with family and friends. From our initial meeting to plan the event together, to our walk through and constant communication via phone and email prior to the wedding day, to the big day itself, Odessa's innovative ideas, professional services, and genuine interest and care made our wedding one day that my husband and I will always remember. Thank you, Odessa and Oventz for making our wedding truly remarkable!!

Oventz Event Planning responded with the following comments:

It was a true pleasure Katie and Nick!!! Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. It means a lot to us.

The Oventz Team

• Wedding: 07/27/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I wanted to save money by doing the whole wedding ourselves, planning, decor, hiring, invitations... everything. After planning a good 3/4s of the event we realized that it would be impossible. We both work long hours during the week, leaving only the weekends for planning and that was just not enough time to tend to each detail. A wedding planner was a must!

We hit the jack pot by finding Odessa, the president of Oventz. Our caterer had recommended her to us after showing signs of being mega-stressed. I checked out the Oventz website to get a better understanding of the services they offered as well as some kind of price range we should expect to spend. The website was very pretty, clean, informative and even listed prices with each packaged offered! I was able to meet each planner and read about their backgrounds which made me comfortable and confident in them. I wasted no time in emailing them to set up a meeting.

A week or so later, we met with Odessa at a Starbucks in our neighborhood. Having her come to us was so wonderful as we had been running around the city to all sorts of various vendors. We discussed an overwhelming about of things; invitations, lighting, favors, seating, music, food, scheduling, flowers… the list goes on. We instantly clicked with Odessa and by the time our meeting was over I KNEW that I needed Oventz to help us and I was 100% confident in Odessa and her team! I felt at ease and excited!

Oventz offers many different packages. We went for the "Classic Package", which consisted of the following services-
-Unlimited consolations (email)
I am the kind of person that asks a million questions. Odessa responded to each email in a very timely fashion. This is so important when planning a wedding! I would email her about needing something (like a cupcake stand) and in hours would get a response with links and images of what I wanted! NOW THAT IS SERVICE!
-Etiquette advice
We needed some advice on how to be polite when not inviting certain family members. Odessa provided us with the perfect solution.
-Creative decor/theme design
Odessa immediately understood our vision from looking through our inspiration book of tears from magazines. She brought so many amazing ideas to the table.
-Vendor referrals
This was one of the major selling points to this package. Oventz has a long list of vendors that they trust and work well with. Having access to a list like this was huge! We ended up utilizing this to the fullest hiring a florist and printers for our invitations.
-Venue referrals
We had already picked our venue prior.
-Creating of wedding day schedule
This was the main reason why we hired Oventz. Planning out the details of a wedding is one thing, but having an organized schedule of the actual big day is something else. We had no idea where to begin! Luckily, Odessa is THE most organized person I have ever met. We left the entire scheduling up to her. It was flawless! So perfect!
-Day of site wall though with vendors
This was extremely helpful. Our ceremony and reception was held in the same space so we needed a good solution on set up and the switch over between the two parts of the event.
-Rehearsal direction
We had our rehearsal in central park. It was quick and easy.
Full day coordination-
Odessa, along with Danielle coordinated the entire day. They arrived at the venue a few ours prior to set up flowers, candles, photos, tables etc. On a side note- Danielle Moore is the owner of D for Decor, a company specializing in all aspects of decoration. We hired this service through Oventz saving us time and money.
The two of them coached us, the wedding party and the other vendors throughout the day, making sure everyone stuck to the schedule and had fun. It was perfect! Also, Odessa was kind enough to pick up our order of cupcakes for us and bring them to the venue!

I couldn't imagine how our wedding day would have gone without Odessa or Danielle. We are truly grateful to the Oventz crew for not only making the most important day of our lives beyond amazing, but keeping us calm and able to enjoy ourselves!

Stressed out over planning a big event? HIRE OVENTZ! You will be so happy that you did! They are honest and hardworking to insure that you have an unforgettable day.

Oventz Event Planning responded with the following comments:

When one of our clients takes the time to write such a detailed review about our services, it lets us know how apprecaited we are! Yet, we want you to know how apprecitated you are! Without amazing clients like you planning would just be a job, not a passion!

• Wedding: 05/19/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Odessa planned my may 2012 wedding and she was literally the only reason wedding planning was a happy journey for us. Aside from her great can do attitude, willingness to bend over backwards and do whatever it takes, and her connections in the wedding industry she is an amazing energy to have around during wedding planning.

As a type a control freak, I had a hard time letting go but Odessa knew exactly how to deal with me and bring me back down. She was exactly the ying to my yang and just her voice helped me get through everything. Inevitably problems will arise during wedding planning, but she smoothed everything over and saw every single detail through even one month after my wedding. Ourwedding was beautiful, we wanted a chic and classic wedding but non traditional. Odessa found us an amazi hamptons house and transforme the backyard into an elegant affair. She really knows how to maximize a brides budget and you get the most bang for your buck with Odessa.

I cannot recommend her enough, every couple should have her around you will only have happy wedding planning and wedding night memories.

Here are my top 3 reasons to use her.
1. Persistent. I had 3 make up trials 3 hair trials and 100 venue trips (well it seemed that way). I was no doubt extremely picky, indecisive, and had a specific vision in mind. She never stopped until I was happy.
2. Budget conscious. I swear sometimes I though Odessa thought she was paying for my wedding. She watched our money and how it was spent and maximized every dollar. She is not a wedding planner that just tries to spend your money.
3. Work horse. Odessa probably worked 23 hours the day of my wedding and even the next day. She puts in her heart and soul, what more can a couple ask for than someone who has your happiness at mind and will try to make your life easier? she even called the fire chief so we could light lanterns in the beach.

I often find myself missing her emails and daily chats about life... She is indeed wor her weight in gold.

My wedding photos speak for itself. An intimate tented hamptons affair...

Oventz Event Planning responded with the following comments:

This review touched my heart, because I know all the obstacles you faced in making this day spectacular. You both were worth every single moment in creating your breathtaking affair. You're right that the pictures speak for themselves! Thanks for choosing us, and for sharing your experience!

• Wedding: 05/12/2012
718-300-9700
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards