meredith hanafi photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We loved working with Meredith and we highly recommend her! She was thoughtful and creative throughout the hectic process. She made us feel at ease. Meredith captured all of the amazing and heartfelt moments. She is the best!

Recently Married

My husband and I were totally lucky to have Meredith do our wedding photo shoot. If I could give Meredith a 6 star rating, I would. Thanks for everything.

Services Used: Photography

Meredith took beautiful pictures of our wedding day! She made us feel very relaxed and all of our pictures look very natural. She also did an awesome job with our engagement photo session!

Recently Married

We really enjoyed working with Meredith. She made us look great in the pics even though it was 95 degrees and 110% humidity. She was also super flexible and listened well to our thoughts on our ceremony. She was able to adapt family photos so we could get grandpa out of the heat quickly and worked with our grumpiness at having to pose for some portraits and miss out on some of the partying. While a lot of weddings are a super formal affair, and she does those brilliantly, ours was in cabins in the woods and she was very adaptable to that environment as well. Overall we would highly recommend her, both for her incredible photography and for her customer service.

06/07/2014

Meredith is a fantastic wedding photographer!!! She is the only photographer I met with because I knew instantly that we wanted to go with her. She really has the client's best interest at heart. In our first meeting, she brought up several important things I should know about wedding photography (image ownership, her photography style, etc) and made me feel extremely comfortable. You could tell immediately that she was very honest and trustworthy. She was responsive leading up to the wedding through email and showed up on time on the big day (my wedding was at a venue an hour outside of DC). I was a bit frantic on my wedding day and she was a calming influence to me. She asked me questions about where the invitation, save the date, and rehearsal dinner were, but that was it. She scoped out the scene and immediately knew where she wanted to put me for the best lightning and backdrops. We took pictures inside and outside. My bridesmaids loved her too!! They thought she was so kind and able to corral them around with ease. They were busy talking and laughing and catching up, but when Meredith spoke (not yelled), they listened to her. I also appreciate how Meredith got John and I up from the table at dinner to take couple shots. These are some of favorite pictures and we didn't miss any of the party!
I absolutely love my wedding photos- they are so vibrant and capture the day perfectly. They are full of life and she got great action shots of the dancing! Meredith was one of the best vendors I worked with during my wedding and I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone I knew getting married!

Services Used: Photography

I cannot possibly do justice to how fantastic Meredith is with one short posting. Out of all our vendors, while all were good, she was by far the best, and the most fun to work with. My fiance was very reluctant to even have a photographer, and was dreading the hours we would spend taking portraits. But her absolute professionalism and lovely personality completely won him over, and he now also admits that she was by far and away our best vendor. We had a blast during the portrait session - Meredith's kind and easy going nature made everything simple, and the squeaky toy she had on hand to capture the attention of our pup resulted in some beautiful pics of the three of us. And when she needed to melt into the background, during the reception and ceremony, she did so … again, the pics were absolutely beautiful, we were tearing up during the slideshow she sent us, and she got them to us in record time after the wedding. Her overall style is candid, natural, emotional moments between the two of you, but that being said, she really does it all! We are looking forward to the birth of our first child (in the years to come) as an excuse to invite her back into our lives. Thank you Meredith, for everything!

1+ year ago

Services Used: Photography

Meredith is absolutely the BEST! From our very first email exchange, we knew that we had found the perfect person to capture our wedding day. Meredith takes the time to get to know you long before your wedding day. Since we live in North Carolina and would only be going to Washington, DC a couple of days before our wedding, our first "meeting" was via Skype. After that first Skype meeting, we felt like we had made a new friend.
On the day of our wedding, Meredith met us two hours before the ceremony to take some "getting ready" shots. Once we got to the location where our ceremony was held, she took many more shots in various locations. There was so much variety, and so many candid shots that when my brother in California took a look at the slideshow of the 100+ photos, he said, "Wow! It was like I was actually there!" And that is exactly what we were looking for since our families could not travel to be there. Thanks to Meredith, our family and friends can all feel like they were right there with us on our wedding day.

Services Used: Photography

Meredith's work is impeccable! She is so down to earth and genuine and easy to work with. She makes an attempt to get to know you and what your expectations are first thing. So friendly and in tune with her work. Most of the time we forgot she was even there! When we got our pictures we were speechless, so beautiful. She captured our day in a way that we can always just look at our pictures and re-live the whole experience all over again! She is actually above a 5 star rating. Highly recommend!

Services Used: Photography

We loved working with Meredith. From our very first meeting/consultation to the wedding day itself, she was one of the easy going and most enthusiastic of our vendors. She is very responsive over email, scheduling our engagement shoot was a breeze and any questions that you might have about your gallery, ordering prints, etc are answered right away. On the day of, Meredith and her assistant shooter were seemingly in five places at once. This was great because they were able to document so many moments of the day that otherwise rushed by for us. The pictures from the wedding came out beautifully, and it’s been fun to share them with family and friends and get the same feedback. We definitely recommend working with Meredith, her prices are great for the DC area and her work speaks for itself.

Ray
10/09/2013

Planned everything for our wedding in Washington DC, officiant, flights, hotel, but didn't plan on needing a photographer... until our family and friends insisted... so with about six weeks out, started searching for one that would be able to do so, and one that we would be comfortable with... compounding the search was that we live in Florida and were flying in to DC on day of wedding! We were very fortunate to find Meredith Hanafi Photography. I had scheduled calls with 3 other photographers and within minutes of our conversation, knew she was the one! Having never done this before... I wanted her to tell me what to expect, etc. I could not have been happier with our choice and her work. Truly professional - and while there were some formal portrait or posed shots... most of the time I didn't even know where she was and now looking back on the photos and slideshow.. am amazed at how she did it, and I didn't even notice. Loved working with her and having her as a part of our wedding... Highly recommend her for your special day too.

Services Used: Photography

Meredith was incredible. We were looking for beautiful, natural wedding photos to capture the memories from our day. Not the posed, 'place your hands here, with your ring just so' but real, amazing moments between ourselves and our friends and family. We first met with Meredith after accidentally standing her up, and then finally rescheduling- she sat down with us and had good conversation over a couple of drinks. We were sold! She has an easygoing presence that makes her extremely easy to work with, and makes everyone in the photos comfortable, which is perfect for beautiful candid shots. Her vision is great, and the resulting images we have from both our wedding and our engagement photos are something that we will treasure forever. Our family and friends were so impressed with her professionalism at the wedding, and her coverage. I don't know how many people said, "Your photographer seemed like she was in three places at once"
The quality of Meredith's images is wonderful. They are beautiful, clear, and full of feeling. A lot of amateurs try to do similar work with good intentions, but they often fall short, and their images do not stand the test of time. Hire a professional photographer - you won't regret it.

Eris
06/15/2013

Planning a wedding is a lot of fun, and a little hectic at the same time. Trying to find the best venue, team of videographers, photographers, musicians etc, reading reviews, seeking your friends’ input and so on, it becomes your second job! Well, your search for a photographer is over – Meredith Hanafi is it!

Greg and I had the privilege of working with Meredith, as our photographer for both our engagement last fall and wedding this past summer at the Inn at Perry Cabin in St. Michaels, Maryland. Her artistic work, level of professionalism, flexibility, creativity, and amazing personality made both events so much fun and easy for all of us. Her pictures were STUNNING! She’s organized, incredibly reliable, talented and fun photographer, that I didn’t have to worry about anything, she had it all under control! That’s the best thing one can ask for!

Vogue, Washingtonian, The Knot, and others, I hope you’re reading this too and will have the opportunity to see/experience Meredith’s work and vote her as your favorite! We certainly did!

Eris and Greg, June 15, 2013

Miriam
04/14/2013

We got married in Brooklyn, NY and hired Meredith - who happily traveled up to NYC for our engagement shoot and wedding day. We had about 120 guests, and Meredith shot the whole wedding by herself. The amount of energy that she possesses is remarkable. We *love* our photos. On the day of the wedding, she was available, had a cheerful disposition, and eager to find natural moments - including during the formal photo session. When Meredith first arrived to our wedding venue, she did some exploring to find ideal spaces to take photos - landing us under a stairwell, in the window seat of a local wine shop, and by an antique car outside of the venue. We could not be happier with the results. Meredith was responsive and professional throughout the entire process, including Skyping with us because we live in Brooklyn. We had some specific requests during both the engagement shoot and wedding, and Meredith was respectful of what we did and did not want in terms of photos. We highly recommend Meredith and plan to use her services in the future!

Melissa
12/15/2012

Meredith photographed our December wedding and we couldn't be happier!! We can't say enough to sing her praises -- she's so great to work with and made us look amazing!! When we shared our photos with family and friends, several people told us they wanted to get married all over again so they could have photos like ours!! Our entire experience working with her was low-stress and fun. For example, Meredith helped us with our "day of" schedule and timing (not just the photos but helped us think about the timing of the entire day), we did a walk through of our reception space and church about 2 weeks before to check the lighting and plan spots for photos, and she was responsive throughout (which is very helpful when you're stressing out as the day is approaching!!). She is professional, fun, and creative, she takes beautiful photos that tell a story, and our guests loved her. She captured so many special moments so beautiully. Meredith also did our engagement photos, which were great, and we look forward to having her photograph our family as it grows :-) If you're debating about a photgrapher, look no further.

Kristin
10/28/2012

Meredith Hanafi was extremely professional, friendly, flexible, and the pictures she took were absolutely stunning. We, my husband and I, used her for our engagement photos and our wedding. During our engagement shoot, she went where we wanted to take pictures and even recommended another place so we all got in our cars and drove to two separate locations. She is extremely thorough in getting the great pictures that we wanted. I could go and on about how great she is and how amazing the pictures are, but in a testament to how much we enjoyed working with her and how much we love our pictures, I recommended her to my family and my sister is using her for family portraits. If anyone wants someone who knows exactly how to capture those unforgettable moments, then Meredith Hanafi is for you.