Liz Marden's Bakery & Cafe
You Dream it, We bake it !
110 South Union st.

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We used Liz Marden as our baker for the wedding cake! We met with her a few weeks before the wedding and she got some ideas of what we wanted. She captured the essence of what I had wanted the cake to look like! She even took the time to decorate the area around the cake and place flowers that I had left onto the cake. She has many options for what each layer of the cake can be as far as flavor and her cakes are really more like a full dessert in themselves! I'd say you definitely get your moneys worth with her cakes, there was no cake left for us to take home, except the anniversary tier!
Wedding: 07/14/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Liz Marden created our wedding cake for this July. She did an AMAZING job. It was such an easy process working with her - we met with her, showed her what we wanted, and she made it happen. We had so many compliments with how the cake tasted - it wasn't just "wedding cake"...it was DELICIOUS! We were so pleased. She is a great vendor to use for any occasion that involves a cake!
Wedding: 07/14/2012

Anonymous 5 Reviews
Our cake was not only absolutely beautiful, but incredibly delicious! Liz was wonderful to work with. She was patient with us, creative, and very knowledgeable. We had so many compliments on our cake.
Liz also did our Groom’s cake, which everyone got a kick out of. I wanted Eagles and Phillies logos on it, and that is exactly what I got!
Thank you, Liz!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We came to Liz with the overall theme of our wedding and proposed a completely different idea than what we came into the shop with, but loved her passion and her confidence about it. We gave her creative freedom, and she delivered perfection. The cake was so delicious, we were so excited when there were slices left over to take home. Now we just need to get the top tier of our cake out of our parents house before they decide to devour the entire thing themselves.
Wedding: 05/26/2012

r 5 Reviews
Liz was absolutely wonderful to work with! Our cake was part of a package with our reception (Chespeake Inn), so we met with both options - and Liz's customer service blew the competition out of the water. She was great to brainstorm with and was able to show us samples of designs that would be close to what we were looking for. Not to mention the cake was DELICIOUS! I can't wait until we get cut into our Anniversay Layer. She was even able to accommodate an allergy so that I could eat the Anniversary Layer without a problem. Would highly recommend her!
Wedding: 05/18/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Liz is awesome! She was so responsive and great to work with. We ordered our wedding cake and our groom's cake from her. Both were beautiful and exactly what I pictured in my head. As amazing as the cakes looked, they tasted even better! I would recommend her to anyone!
Wedding: 05/05/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Liz made our wedding cake and wedding favors. Our wedding was at a vineyard and we wanted to do round cake bombes decorated with grapes and vines for the wedding favors. When we did our cake tasting, we LOVED the carrot cake but were worried that a lot of guests wouldn't like it. We asked Liz if it was possible to make carrot cake bombes. She responded that they had never made them before, but she already had a recipe in mind that might work. Within a week I heard back from Liz that she would be able to make the carrot cake bombes. We ended up ordering half the bombes in carrot cake and half in peanut butter cake.

For our wedding cake we chose the white chocolate mousse cake decorated with fresh flowers and grapes (vineyard theme). We were extremely happy with how the cake looked when we first saw it at the reception. Liz worked with our florist to make sure the flowers on the cake matched the centerpieces.

I cannot believe how many compliments we received on our cake and wedding favors! They were a huge hit. My brother liked them so much he actually ate mine too! (Luckily, I ordered several extra so I still got one the next day.)

I would highly recommend Liz for your wedding cake.
Wedding: 04/28/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Liz was wonderful to work with. She was professional and courteous. My wedding cake was absolutely gorgeous and everything I asked for.
Wedding: 04/27/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Hands down the best cake I have ever had. We didn't even wait to eat the top of the cake for our first anniversary. We finished it first week! Liz coordinated my flower vendor and made the cake to match my flowers. The cake was truly beautiful! I would have been sad to eat it if it wasn't so good.
Wedding: 03/31/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding cake was included in the package we decided on at our venue. We had the choice between 2 bakers and I am so happy we went with Liz Marden!!!!! The cake was delicious and beautiful!!!!!!! We had so many choices to pick from that it was really hard to narrow down our flavors. I can't wait to go back to her shop to get more of her specialties.
Wedding: 10/08/2011
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Beautiful and delicious cake. We loved the birds and chocolate rocks. Liz was excellent to work with and knew exactly what we wanted.
Wedding: 09/25/2011

Lou 8 Reviews
It was so much fun to work with Liz! She made cupcakes for our wedding instead of a cake (although she still gave us a small tier of cake, too). Because we did the cupcakes, there was 8 different cake and flavor combinations. We got many compliments and I would definitely recommend her!
Wedding: 04/23/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Liz was amazing to work with. All of her cakes were delicious, she did a different flavor for each layer of our cake. The cake was fresh, delivered on time, and beautiful. We got soooo many compliments on our cake. I can't wait to go back to her for our first anniversary!
Wedding: 04/16/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had my wedding cake and surprise grooms cake made at this bakery. The cakes were delicious and creatively made. They are extremely flexible to what you want. I had a wonderful experience.
Wedding: 10/02/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
EAT CAKE!!! Liz Marden your cakes are out of this world and you are a pleasure to work with. Thank you for creating such a stunning and delicious masterpiece for us. EVERYONE loved the cake... the look, the taste, the texture... It was perfect. Freezing the top tier took willpower and we had to restrain ourselves from eating it immediately. We look forward to seeing you in the bakery for all our future cake needs or any other time we find ourselves with the munchies!!
Wedding: 09/11/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I absolutely love Liz and people could not stop talking about my beautiful cupcake tree at my Wedding! Liz and her staff were very easy to work with and made sure I was completely happy. Liz was very creative and made something that fit my husband and my's fun personalities. Liz even decorated the cupcake stand for me at no extra cost! Top service!
Wedding: 07/31/2010
 610-444-5757
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire