Liberty House

Flexibility:
 (4.6/5.0)

Sort By:

Private User 3 Reviews
My wedding was this past weekend at the Liberty House - it was the most perfect night! Every detail was covered, Danielle worked with us to make sure we had the best night. The view was amazing, the food was fantastic, Danielle went above and beyond in every way. I have gotten more compliments from my guests ranging from "that was the best food I have ever had at a wedding" to "that was the most beautiful location for a ceremony". I can't say enough good things about the Liberty House, the food, the service. It was amazing.

HVick 2 Reviews
I honestly can't say enough about Liberty House, especially since I injured myself right after the ceremony (more on that later). The venue was stunning, and we got the amazing NYC views that we were looking for. I'm from New Jersey originally, but now I live in Australia. Wedding planning from the other side of the world was stressful at times, but our venue coordinator Vivian made things so easy. I literally had nothing to worry about!

We were allowed to bring in our own wines from our local wine region in Australia so we could share something special and unique with our guests. We also dropped a few things from cocktail hour because the amount of food seemed excessive, so we were able to get the Viennese station thrown in for dessert at no additional cost.

Everyone absolutely raved about the food, and every bite I had was phenomenal. My wedding attendant, Miriam, was amazing: She was always bringing me wine and food, and made sure anything I wanted was right on hand. I never wear high heels, but wore them for my wedding day and ended up falling and severely spraining an ankle right after the ceremony. I couldn't put any weight on my foot for the rest of the night. Miriam was a star - she got me a drink at cocktail hour so I could relax while she found supplies to get my ankle wrapped up, got me ice and made sure I never had to move for anything.

I can't recommend the team at Liberty House highly enough!
Wedding: 02/22/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Hands down the best venue in the area!! Not only are the views breathtaking, but the service was impeccable and the food was absolutely amazing! This place is a restaurant first so I'm not surprised but for a wedding venue we were absolutely blown away by the quality and amount of food that was included. This venue has it all!
Wedding: 01/19/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My daughter had her wedding ceremony and reception at the Liberty House on 01/17/2014. If we had to change one thing we wouldn't! She worked with Terra who was fabulous! Very responsive to emails and every detail, she was so flexible with allowing us to bring our items up early in the week to set up, Terra also paid attention to how we wanted everything placed, it was all so perfect! The food was amazing at both the cocktail hour and reception. The entire staff was very professional and helpful. Miriam was the bridal attendant, she was on top of every detail for the bride and groom. My daughters dress as difficult to bustle and we were concerned that we wouldn't be able to do it (Kleinfeld said that she wouldn't be able to) Well, before I could get up to the bridal suite, she was all bustled....it was a perfect evening....We can't wait to e invited to a wedding at the Liberty House!
Wedding: 01/17/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5

Private User 9 Reviews
The Liberty House was our perfect venue. We took quite a long time looking at venues and while The Liberty House was a bit out of our budget, we kept coming back to the view of the Manhattan skyline. I am so glad we went with them. Terra & her team were incredibly flexible with every single (sometimes outrageous) request, the food was outstanding, the ballroom was magnificent and our guests couldn't stop raving afterwards about how incredible the venue was. My Bridal Attendant (Miriam) took care of us all night and I kept turning around to find food, drink, towel, etc. waiting for me before I even knew I needed or wanted it. I am delighted with how our wedding turned out!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The view speaks for itself but beyond the venue I have to praise the food and of course the people, especially Danielle my coordinator. I was planning my wedding from across the country and Danielle made the process so easy and fun.
Wedding: 11/29/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0

Private User 1 Reviews
My daughter feel in love with the Space as soon as she saw it. The Staff was amazing as well. Our event Stylist , Terra was so patient and accommodating, I could have never done it without her help. Everyone raved about the food and thought the hot cider and cookies were a wonderful attention to detail and, given the chill in the air, a welcome treat.

We had a lot of out of town family in attendance and they were amazed at the view and the room itself. Friends remarked to me that this was the best wedding they had ever attended. My daughter could not have been happier with the way it turned out.

I will recommend Terra and the Liberty House to anyone wishing to host a beautiful event.

• Flexibility:  5.0
As soon as I saw this venue I was completely sold. From start to finish our event coordinator Danielle was there to help us with everything and anything. The wedding night was everything and more thanks to this incredible venue and their amazing staff. The food was amazing and all the guests were raving about it. My bridal attendant was wonderful! (Miriam) She made sure at every moment of the night that if I needed anything it was there within seconds. She even massaged my feet in the bridal suite!! Everything about this venue is first class and my husband and I were so pleased with them and cannot wait to go back!
Wedding: 10/11/2013
4.3/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Private User 5 Reviews
Recently held my wedding at Liberty House and was overjoyed by the experience overall. The venue is amazingly beautiful and basically easy to work with. They were great about allowing us to bring in our own wine and champagne since their offerings were not exactly of the quality we were looking for (they did not charge a corkage fee). They were also good about allowing us to take things off the menu that we thought were excessive and reduced the price slightly because of this.

The only issue we had, like other reviewers, was responsiveness from our coordinator. It would take here a few days to respond (if ever) and her responses were often vague and required a number of back and forths to get a useful answer. There was also some miscommunication bout our afterparty boat arriving back at the venue and if someone would be available to keep the doors unlocked to retrieve our belongings from the bridal suite. It worked out in the end but was a headache for my maid of honor who had to deal with it.

Miriam the bridal attendant was FANTASTIC! I ended up getting ready at a hotel nearby ( the bridal suite is TINY and basically useless for a girl to get ready) but my groom took full advantage with his boys and he told me Miriam saved the day and helped him and his guys out with so much (including tying their bow ties). We would highly recommend Liberty House but maybe request one of the "stylists" listed in other reviews with good reports.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
As soon as I walked into the Grand ballroom my heart dropped- that view was just breathtaking.
I tried to look at other venues but I couldn't get that same feeling.

My coordinator was Danielle Villa and she was just amazing. She's just one of the nicest and funnest people you'll meet. Very professional and attentive to my needs. I would email her and most of the time she'd email me the same exact day and the longest I waited was the next day. Danielle was clear on what I needed to plan for, details I had to think of, and she really just made it very easy.

The day of the wedding, my bridal attendant brought me and my husband up to the private room and already had food and drinks waiting for me. She was a GODSEND. The entire night she was there when I needed her- but not in an overbearing way- in the perfect way! Anytime my drink was sitting too long, she had a fresh one for my husband and I. When our glasses were empty there she was! When I was a hot sweaty mess from dancing- she brought me to the room and patted me down with a cool face towel. She had my change of shoes there. she was there to bustle my dress. Ohh and she saw that my husband and I didnt eat too much so she had a box of food packed for me to take home!

The maitre D kept everything flowing smoothly and coordinating with my DJ and it was just flawless. We had a buffet style wedding and Liberty house was just so great. There was no cheesy "Table 5 go up for food, table 6 go up for food"- the maitre'd went up to each table to invite them up so the reception was just so elegant.
I loved the cocktail food and everyone raved about it. I will admit that my husband and I as well as some other guests found the buffet food a bit dry but I'll be honest, there's never been a wedding that I like the main course? And who bases a good wedding on the food when you have great music, a gorgeous happy couple ;), and open bar? just saying. Love liberty house!

Wedding: 08/16/2013
1.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Karen 7 Reviews
The venue itself was great. Our guests raved about the food and the view is spectacular. However, the major complaint I had was with my wedding "event stylist". She did not respond to my voicemails and took her a few days to get back to any emails. The day of my wedding she regretted to inform us that they booked another wedding right before mine and we were not allowed to get dressed there on time nor were my venders allowed to get into the rooms. This stressed us out and put us behind a good hour. So, we ended up missing part of our cocktail hour! Besides her, I loved the Liberty House but would not work with this particular event stylist.
Wedding: 06/30/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Liberty House was the perfect choice for our wedding. Terra helped me plan everything and she was amazing. She responded to every email promptly and always had an answer for me. The staff at the Liberty House was incredible as well. They assembled and hung over 30 paper lanterns for our cocktail hour and no detail was overlooked. On our wedding night Miriam was my bridal attendant. She was like having another best friend taking care of us. Anything we needed she provided. Drinks, towels when we were hot from dancing, she packed up all of our things at the end of the night and extra meals incase we didn't get to eat ours at our wedding! The food was delicious. Our guests continue to talk about the cocktail hour food and our entrees. I could not have been happier with our wedding at The Liberty House!
Wedding: 06/07/2013
4.3/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0

ENB 5 Reviews
We had our wedding here on 4-27-13.

After relieving Mara of her duties, we felt more comfortable with Terra once she stepped in. Emails were actually answered in a timely fashion, and things just seemed to finally fall into place.

My wife was THRILLED with Miriam, the bridal attendant, as well as Virginia (I forget her title). These two ladies were beyond attentive and were extremely pleasant.

The food was excellent, and people mentioned the food more than the view. That says a lot!

Overall it was a really nice wedding after a rocky start.

Anonymous 5 Reviews
The Liberty House was the site of our perfect Thanksgiving weekend wedding. Our family and friends were blown away at absolutely everything: the views, the gardens, the cocktail room, the reception space, and the food. Danielle was an AMAZING help for the year we planned our wedding and was always quick to respond to our many requests and the evening went off without a hitch. The staff at the Liberty House were phenomenal and worked so hard to make sure we were comfortable, fed, and filled with liquor! The space was beautiful and I can't wait to return year after year to have an anniversary dinner at their restaurant.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.1/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0
We really enjoyed our time at the Liberty House. The view and the food were exquisite. Our friends and family are still talking about how it was the best wedding they've ever been to. The cocktail hour is in a tented room downstairs, which is not air conditioned. We were there at the end of August and the temperature was fine, so do not let that deter you. I have them a 3/5 on flexibility because they book up VERY far in advance. We went looking at the end of May 2012 and they only has one summer weekend night left in 2013! We booked it that night and couldn't have been happier.

The only real issue we had was with our wedding coordinator. She took forever to get back to us. It would also take me sending a second email to get a response from her, which I found to be disappointing. I do know she was in the middle of planning her own wedding, so maybe she was just busy, but I don't expect to pay the kind of money the Liberty House charges to have to hunt down answers to my questions.
Wedding: 08/17/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
There is no venue like the Liberty House. If you are looking for a wedding that is unique with breathtaking views, look no further. We worked with Danielle Villa to help plan the wedding of my dreams. The liberty house was flexible with our dietary restrictions and a pleasure overall to work with. My wedding day went off without a hitch and all of our guests were amazed to realize this hidden treasure in Jersey city. Its the best of both worlds, a little bit of new york, with the ease of New Jersey. The room looked absolutely beautiful and the liberty house provided big floral arrangements to fill the empty space. My guests are still raving about how amazing the food was. Would recommend this venue to any bride looking for something a little different.
Wedding: 08/12/2012
 201-395-0300
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire