Jessica' Cakes

Flexibility:
 (5.0/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Jessica makes delicious cakes and they are worth every penny. The tasting was so fun and everything we tried was delicious!
Wedding: 06/22/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Outstanding! We went with Jessica over the highly recommended Buttercream, and are so glad we did. First of all, the quality of communication from Jessica is great. She was one of our most responsive and flexible vendors. The cakes were FANTASTIC and I loved being able to create our own combinations of cake and filling, instead of the stock varieties offered by places like Buttercream. We went with four different cakes as well as an assortment of miniature desserts and every last one was raved about by guests. Discussion of which cake was the favorite continued into the brunch and dinner the day after the reception. We loved working with Jessica and will absolutely be calling her if we need dessert catering in the future. We have no complaints whatsoever, only love and happy full bellies!
Wedding: 10/28/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I can remember emailing Jessica on a Sunday as soon as I looked at her website. I was emailing simply to get my taste buds wet about wedding cakes. I was shocked when she emailed me back almost immediately! I was so excited to get things moving on our wedding, which was just short of 2 years away! We arranged a time for my husband's parents and my husband and I to meet her at her new shop in Minneapolis, MN. When we got to the appointment I had no intentions of signing a contract for our wedding, I was just excited to start the process. After meeting with Jessica for a short time that day we had our Wedding cake flavors picked out and two additional cakes to be served during our large reception. Jessica was very professional making me feel at ease the weeks before the wedding emailing with different confirmations and when to expect her on the big day. I can still remember seeing my beautiful cake the first time and being so very pleased with how it looked! -- I couldn't wait to taste it! It was the best cake I've every had, I keep snitching more off of my husband's plate! --THANK YOU JESSICA!!
Wedding: 06/04/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0

Jessica is sensational from the beginning the end! I went to one cake tasting with another designer and was disappointed that they could not complete my design. I researched and reviewed websites, but the majority of them looked average or too expensive. I was almost going to settle with designer one when I stumbled across Jessica's website. I looked through her portfolio and knew she was the one to design the cake for our wedding day! She has multiple flavors for buttercream and will help you narrow down your favorites vs. your dislikes. Then she brought out the cake! I was able to combine the cake with the buttercream for a wonderful combination! I had 4 favorite buttercreams that I had my heart set on. She advised that I could use different flavors for each layer! Jessica was hands down the most professional and had the best tasting cake! Jessica not only baked our cake, but she was was able to decorate and deliver it as well. She was happy to work with me on designing the cake that my husband and I dreamed of. Best of all, I received more compliments after my wedding about the cake! Needless to say, the cake was actually not at a bad price for four tiers vs. the first designer was more expensive for three tiers. I am so happy that I chose Jessica and she truly goes the distance for taste, presentation, and exceeded my expectations! I would recommend her to anyone for any occasion!
Wedding: 05/13/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jessica was so great to work with. We had the best time with her. Our cake was both beautiful and tasty.
Wedding: 03/25/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jessica made me an amazing grooms cake for my husband. She listened to all my questions, made sure we were on the same page and in the end the cake was a huge hit. I think the price for the cake was great and couldn't have been more satisfied with the outcome. She is friendly, professional, and best of all, really seems to enjoy making cakes that impress.
Wedding: 08/14/2010
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jessica's cakes made me a one of a kind 3D groom's cake. The cake was a big hit at the wedding and it tasted great. I chose the chocolate and butter rum for the inside frosting and just the chocolate cake. I was concerned at first with having a fondant cake, but everyone enjoyed the flavor. I found that the cake was a bit expensive, but after the final results, I felt it was worth it. I would recommend Jessica's cake for anyone who wants a different cake for their wedding and has extra money to spend!
Wedding: 09/18/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jessica was awesome. I think I changed my mind 90 times and she went right along and accommodated. Not to mention that the cake was a hit- the DESIGN & TASTE! Go chocolate! Amazing... strongly suggest going in for a taste test.
Wedding: 07/10/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jessica' Cakes had some really amazing cakes to choose from. When were looking through the different designs and pictures, my husband and I were both in awe and were convinced that we were going to get our cake from them. Our guests must have had the same reaction when they saw the cake, because we got tons of compliments. It tasted awesome too!
Wedding: 11/06/2008
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jessica created a very special and delicious cake for our wedding. The buttercream frosting was so smooth and flawless, it looked amazing! The one aspect of the cake that we were not completely satisfied with was flavor intensity of the frosting. The filling tasted just like we remembered from the tasting, however, the white chocolate rum frosting did not have any distinct rum flavoring, and that is what we were expecting.
Wedding: 10/24/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jason and I had the best experience working with Jessica. We always got a prompt response to our requests and everything went so smoothly. The cake was the most delicious from all the vendors we tried (and to us she was a value compared to other vendors) and I would definetely recommend Jessica.
Wedding: 09/20/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jessica made the most extraordinary homemade buttercream, caramel buttercream, and chocolate cake for our wedding. We were extremely picky about the freshness and quality of cake that we wanted -- Jessica exceeded our expectations! I didn't have a single slice leftover after the wedding (except for the cake top). I was able to bring my in-laws and my husband to the tasting, it was held in Jessica's bakery and we were the only group scheduled. We were able to taste every flavor of icing and cake she offered, all were delicious! She was able to give us advice on flavor combinations. The cake was delivered on time and it was lovely. I thoroughly enjoyed working with Jessica and would definitely purchase other special occasion cakes from her in the future.
Wedding: 08/02/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jessica provided an excellent, professional service. It was a little more expensive than a few of the other bakers, but well worth it. She even worked very hard to satisfy someone with a nut allergy! It was the best, richest cake we have had, highly recommended.
Wedding: 08/01/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jessica is amazing, a hybrid really. She is both a talented artist and outstanding baker. Her cake is hands down the best you will ever have. Not only was my cake just lovely (I gave her my lovebird cake topper and she designed with her own creativity). It was a buttercream frosting, chocolate cake with bittersweet chocolate mousse and orange custard. Beyond divine. All real, natural ingredients. If you’re suspicious, sample her buttercream. If you’re looking for a new best friend, maybe look elsewhere. She is extremely professional. At first she was all business, but the more we worked with her and as time passed, she was very very personable and social. She is amazing. The cake tasting was blast and I brought 3 people with me! We sampled tons of combinations for almost 2 hours. She is ridonkulous, and that’s a very very good thing. ;)
Wedding: 12/28/2007
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jessica was fabulous to work with from start to finish. I originally met her at the Wedding Fair at the Minneapolis Convention Center- that is when I fell in love with her cake. Her cake was by far the best tasting cake there. We set up multiple cake tastings with everyone from Jessica to Buttercream. Jessica was hands down the most professional and had the best tasting cake! Jessica had each cake, frosting and filling separate. She'd help you narrow down your likes vs. dislikes and then taste the various options alone. After you determine a few combinations, she then puts everything together for a combined taste. It was amazing! Another thing that Jessica offered that no one else did, was the fact that she herself was not only baking your cake, but she was decorating and delivering it as well. This was a major plus. She was happy to work with me on colors and ribbon for the cake, which was very important. Best yet, I received more compliments after my wedding about the cake - saying "that was the best cake I've ever eaten!" Comments like that are so fun to hear.

Last but not least, the "anniversary cake" is just as beautiful as the wedding cake. I know because we pulled it out about 3 months after our wedding and ate it! My husband and I agreed that we'd just order another small cake for our anniversary.

I would strongly recommend Jessica’s Cakes for your wedding or any other occasion you are looking for a cake that is to die for!
Wedding: 11/17/2007
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jessica was great to work with; she made this part of the planning so easy! She provided thorough tastings and options for us to look at in the planning stage. I knew I wanted the chocolate with ganache' frosting and she helped with recommendations on what would work best! She worked with me on a special logo design that we emailed to her and recommended ways we could save money. The final choice was all ours; including a second tasting for the groom! The final product turned out fabulous for our 175 guests! Every person at the wedding said it was the best wedding cake they ever had! A true testiment to a wonderful baker and creator! Thank you Jessica! We'll be back!
Wedding: 06/16/2007