Minneapolis, Minneapolis, MN 55448 Map · Phone number

About Something Sweet by Maddie Lu

Something Sweet by Maddie Lu is a bakery located in Coon Rapid, Minnesota. This licensed family-owned and run bakery would love to provide couples with delicious, stunning cakes and desserts for their wedding day. They will work with couples to come up with gorgeous designs that reflect their vision and promise to handle everything with the utmost care and respect.

Something Sweet by Maddie Lu consults with couples to discuss their needs and desires and create a custom design that embodies what they want. They offer couples private tastings of cake flavors and icings and will also deliver and set up cakes and goods at their venue with cake cutters and stands. Because they want everyone to be able to enjoy their amazing treats, they have gluten free options. Something Sweet by Maddie Lu offers couples the following desserts:

• Cake pops

dd5a0bf3815905cc photoshoot

12 Reviews for Something Sweet by Maddie Lu

Krystal · Married on 09/29/2018

Beautiful and so good!

We decided to have a small 2 tier cake for us to cut into and to save the top layer for our anniversary. Something Sweet helped us come up with ways to keep within our budget so we could have amazing cake that didn't break the bank. We ended up ordering 2 half sheet cakes to go along with the two tier cake in both cookie dough (yes, there's edible cookie dough in there!) and lemon cake. Everyone was asking where we got it and it was a huge hit!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Natasha · Married on 09/30/2017

My husband and I decided we wanted a cake a few month out from the wedding date. We had looked at a couple of vendors, but really weren't impressed. We finally found Something Sweet, and knew they were the ones we wanted to go with. They had beautiful pictures of past cakes they had done on their wall, and once we did the taste test, we were sold! We got a 3 tiered cake, with white wedding, pumpkin pie, and snickerdoodle. It was delicious. They made is just the way I wanted, it looked beautiful, and they delivered it when they said they would. I would highly recommend them, they were a pleasure to work with. :)

Sent on 10/31/2017

Missy · Married on 07/01/2017

I can't stop thinking about our cake! It was plain vanilla, but like, the BEST cake and icing with so much flavor and perfect texture! Absolutely stunning, 3-tier, kind of simple frosting technique (I forget what it's called), which we added fresh flowers and a topper to. Totally my vision, and I think we only had to show a few pictures! We also did a big dessert spread with a variety of cake pops, truffles, mini cream puffs, brownie bites... our guests could not stop talking about the pistachio cake pops and Bailey's truffles! My only regret is I didn't get to try everything ;) Getting our cake plus all of our desserts, including delivery and set up was an amazing deal. We had fun at the tasting, too! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Award

Something Sweet by Maddie Lu FAQ

• What types of desserts do you provide? Cake Pops, Cakes, Cheese, Cookies, Croquembouche, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Fruit, Groom's Cake, Pastries
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Cutters, Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

• Elevated Style Events
    Elevated Style Events Wedding Planners

Absolutely loved their cakes. Took one of mine client there, Laurie was super generous and gracious. And my client loved the cake & treats she ordered. Not just how tasty the cake was but the beautiful design of the cakes the attention to details on the treats. Laurie also came through for me when I needed an emergency cake for an event. the order was so last minute but she made it happen and it also got delivered. Thank you!

• Minneapolis Minneapolis, Minnesota, 55448 See on map