Something Sweet by Maddie Lu Reviews

12 | Minneapolis, MN

12 Reviews for Something Sweet by Maddie Lu

Krystal · Married on 09/29/2018

Beautiful and so good!

We decided to have a small 2 tier cake for us to cut into and to save the top layer for our anniversary. Something Sweet helped us come up with ways to keep within our budget so we could have amazing cake that didn't break the bank. We ended up ordering 2 half sheet cakes to go along with the two tier cake in both cookie dough (yes, there's edible cookie dough in there!) and lemon cake. Everyone was asking where we got it and it was a huge hit!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Natasha · Married on 09/30/2017

My husband and I decided we wanted a cake a few month out from the wedding date. We had looked at a couple of vendors, but really weren't impressed. We finally found Something Sweet, and knew they were the ones we wanted to go with. They had beautiful pictures of past cakes they had done on their wall, and once we did the taste test, we were sold! We got a 3 tiered cake, with white wedding, pumpkin pie, and snickerdoodle. It was delicious. They made is just the way I wanted, it looked beautiful, and they delivered it when they said they would. I would highly recommend them, they were a pleasure to work with. :)

Sent on 10/31/2017

Missy · Married on 07/01/2017

I can't stop thinking about our cake! It was plain vanilla, but like, the BEST cake and icing with so much flavor and perfect texture! Absolutely stunning, 3-tier, kind of simple frosting technique (I forget what it's called), which we added fresh flowers and a topper to. Totally my vision, and I think we only had to show a few pictures! We also did a big dessert spread with a variety of cake pops, truffles, mini cream puffs, brownie bites... our guests could not stop talking about the pistachio cake pops and Bailey's truffles! My only regret is I didn't get to try everything ;) Getting our cake plus all of our desserts, including delivery and set up was an amazing deal. We had fun at the tasting, too! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Christina · Married on 11/12/2016

I ordered the Very Vanilla and Chocolate Lover cupcakes for my wedding this past November and everyone loved them. They were great to work with and the pricing is pretty reasonable (no more or less than most other bakeries I looked at). I'm even thinking about going through them to customize an 80th birthday cake for my grandma next year. They delivered the cupcakes to my venue right on time. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/16/2016

Jaime · Married on 10/28/2016

We couldn't have been more happy with our wedding cake. We came in with some ideas from multiple cakes and they put it together exactly as we visioned it. We had a Mrs. vs. Star Wars themed wedding and a cake that matched perfectly! I highly recommend Something Sweet for all of your dessert needs. My cousin is now also using them for her wedding cake after seeing how awesome ours turned out. Thank you so much!!!

Lindsey · Married on 10/21/2016

We hired Something Sweet for our wedding cake & macaron tower for our wedding in minneapolis in October 2016. My mom always judges parties by the cake & initially we were only going to do macarons but she insisted. So being Coon Rapids natives & had visited Something Sweet numerous times it was no question where to go! And they were phenomenal! So patient & willing to do everything necessary to make it a perfect experience. The cake & macarons were gorgeous & absolutely delicious! Our guests raved about the cake & it was gone in the blink of an eye... literally! Everyone was also obsessed with the macarons even the kids (we caught our niece with a handful & she ate every one!). The macarons were vibrant colors matching the color pallet we submitted perfectly. People still haven't stopped complementing our desserts & it's been nearly a month! And everything was very reasonably priced. Delivery went off without a hitch! We'd recommend this bakery to everyone & we have been! Here's one of our guests photos! Unreal!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Allison · Married on 10/14/2016

We used something sweet for both our bridal shower and the wedding. Maddie displays a level of professionalism beyond her years! Working with her on our cakes was a breeze. The cakes exceeded our expectations both in taste and appearance. We were both knocked off our feet with how beautiful they were. I have heard from many of our guests how much they loved our flavors and they can't wait to stop buy the shop next time they are in town.

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2016

We are so happy with how well our cake turned out for our wedding day!! I gave Laurie an image of what I wanted it to look like and it turned out exactly like it!! She even asked me to get a paint swatch to be sure the color of the cake would be what I imagined it to be. My dad and I had a blast doing the cake tasting. (My groom was out of town! )Our guests absolutely loved our wedding cake and thought it was quite tasty. One of my friends is Celiac and decided to have a bite. She liked it so much she had an entire slice. Knowing she would be having a tummy that would be upset if she ate it, she decided the delicious cake was worth the risk! Thanks to Something Sweet for making our day just a little bit easier when it came to the wedding cake!

Megan · Married on 09/24/2016

Maddie did amazing with my cupcakes and cake for my wedding! I brought in a picture of exactly what I wanted and she was able to recreate it perfectly. She also matched my wedding colors to the cupcake frosting. My guests were in love with the flavor of the cupcakes!

Sent on 12/11/2016

patrice · Married on 10/29/2016

I worked with Maddie for my October wedding, and within our first meeting we got so much accomplished. It was so reassuring that this company has worked with a variety of wedding sizes, and is willing to work with your schedule. She arrived when we were ready to have the desserts set up, and made the display beautiful. I didn't have to do a thing with my desserts on my wedding day..other than eat them.

Sent on 12/20/2016
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 09/09/2016

Not only was the cake and cupcakes (OMG!) from Something Sweet absolutely delicious, but Maddie and Laurie were professional, kind and willing to make my wishes come true. I highly recommend using this vendor for your wedding cake.

Sent on 03/29/2017

Michelle · Married on 09/03/2017

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

I loved all the fun flavors they had to offer. My wedding cake was cute and petite. They didn't decorate it exactly the way I asked for which was disappointing but it still looked cute and tasted delicious. We worked with Lori I think who was a part owner, she never seemed very cheery about her job. Never smiled once. But that aside our cake tasted great and was delivered on time.

Sent on 09/11/2017