Have Your Cake

Have Your Cake

San Francisco, CA 94121 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pas...
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Dietary options: Kosher, Lactose Free, Organic, Vegan

(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake for our wedding came with the wedding package we booked through Hotel Nikko. With any wedding package you never know what to expect but Maralyn was a gem. We met over our cake tasting and the cake was far more than what I expected. The cake was moist which is always a plus in my book and the flavor combinations and filling choices were exceptional. I only wish we had full slices instead of bite size portions :). We designed our cake and the rest was history. A few days before the wedding I was feeling like I wanted to simplify the cake a bit because we had a specific theme for our wedding. Maralyn was so accommodating and understanding. She made the changes with no hesitation. On the day of the wedding I couldn't have dreamt of a prettier cake. It was absolutely stunning. Our guests were so impressed and some even thought the cake was fake because of how well it was executed :) I would definitely recommend Have Your Cake for your next event or wedding. You won't be dissapointed.

• Wedding: 12/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

For me, enjoying a "Have your Cake" masterpiece is truly a family affair. Since I can remember Maralyn has indulged us with her stunning cakes for birthdays, anniversaries, and pretty much every other special milestone (most recently for my Wedding). An artist in the true sense of the word, she can successfully realize any challenge you throw her way, but most importantly... her cakes are HANDS DOWN the most delicious cakes you will find. Years of experience, great suggestions, calm, reliable, kind, look no further for your Cakery!

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The red velvet was delicious, the appearance was lacking a bit. The fondant was bubbled out on one side and the decorations left some to be desired. But, it was delicious. Plus she promises to make an anniversary cake free of charge if we give a few weeks notice, and it will be decorated the same.

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
Darren
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marilyn is without a doubt the best kosher bakery to do a wedding cake or specialty cake in the San Francisco Bay area after searching around to other bakeries I am extremely happy with the services that she provided and with the quality of the cake. So many of my guess complimented her cake even well after our wedding. Designing my own wedding cake and choosing the colors and mixing styles made it nothing less than perfect and completely our own I cannot think Marilyn enough for providing a kosher option that just was absolutely stellar.

• Wedding: 09/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maralyn was amazing! I still feel like I can't thank her enough for making this process so easy. From the day we met her at our cake tasting up to the day of my wedding it was just great! My florist left flowers for Maralyn to decorate the cake once she arrived with the cake and she did such a beautiful job. Not only did it look beautiful, it tasted SO good! My mouth still waters when I think about it. I was afraid of having too much cake left over but she really knew how to guide us so that wouldn't happen. I can't wait for my 1 year Anniversary to call her for my freshly baked top tier. I couldn't believe she offered that! It was a no brainer to hire her. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maralyn of Have Your Cake did wedding cakes for both my daughters wedding in June 2012 and my wedding in August 2014. Both cakes were marvelous. For our wedding, which had a Hungarian theme, Maralyn decorated the cake with a tulip pattern that matched the traditional blue dye Chuppa canopy. In both cases Maralyn worked with us to select cake flavors for each layer. She took care of everything!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maralyn was so accommodating and easy to work with. The cake design was even more amazing than we could have imagined and we received so many compliments on both the design and the cake itself.

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I wish I could give Maralyn and our cake more than 5 stars. It was the best cake I've ever tasted, and my guests agreed. Maralyn took care of everything. She helped with the design, created a fabulous cake (taste and look!), delivered and set it up, and all at a very reasonable price. Maralyn has spoiled me so that I will never want cake from anyone else again.

• Wedding: Recently Married
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

Marilyn provided a beautiful cake of which there were no leftovers! Our guests raved about it and we will be contacting Marilyn to bake for the baby naming which will follow the birth of our grand daughter at the end of February/beginning of March!!!

• Wedding: 04/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Five stars for Have Your Cake for baking the most delicious wedding cake I have ever eaten. Maralyn was so knowledgable as she walked us through her portfolio and the cakes we tasted were divine. She was willing to work with us on budget and design and was really responsive whenever I had any questions leading up to my wedding day.

Our wedding cake was so lovely and our guests haven't stopped talking about how great it tasted. We're already looking forward to anniversary cake! Thank you!

• Wedding: 04/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maralyn provided such an amazing experience and wedding cake. Everyone at our wedding was so impressed with our wedding cake. You won't go wrong with Maralyn and Have Your Cake!

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maralyn is warm and very accommodating. Our cake was both beautiful and delicious- we received MANY compliments on it! She even made a small little cake for our 1st anniversary- so sweet!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maralyn from Have Your Cake is simply amazing! She is such a kind, warm, creative person, and we could not have been happier with our wedding cake. We requested a gluten-free cake, and Maralyn created the most beautiful and delicious cake we've ever seen. She customized the cake with the flavors, colors, and designs we wanted, and the cake turned out even more incredible than we had imagined. In addition to being incredibly creative and talented, Maralyn is a wonderful person and she always responded to emails and phone calls in a timely fashion. We highly recommend Have Your Cake!

• Wedding: 07/22/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maralyn is terrific to work with. We did a tasting in her workspace & she really listened to what the wedding couple wanted. She was responsive to emails, the cake delivery went perfectly & it looked beautiful. The best part was that it was delicious! She offers to bake a small cake on the 1 year anniversay so you don't have to save part of the cake. We tasted a lot of cake and looked at a range of prices - Maralyn is good & a pleasure to work with.

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Awesome cake! My husband and I were having a strictly kosher wedding, and were initially worried about having an amazing cake that had to follow certain dietary restrictions. Maralyn did a great job! She has an extensive portfolio, and her cakes not only look great but taste great too!

• Wedding: 08/21/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cake was amazing!! Hire her!

• Wedding: 02/11/2011
650-873-8488
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards