Have Your Cake

Have Your Cake

San Francisco, CA 94121 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pas...
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Dietary options: Kosher, Lactose Free, Organic, Vegan

(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

For me, enjoying a "Have your Cake" masterpiece is truly a family affair. Since I can remember Maralyn has indulged us with her stunning cakes for birthdays, anniversaries, and pretty much every other special milestone (most recently for my Wedding). An artist in the true sense of the word, she can successfully realize any challenge you throw her way, but most importantly... her cakes are HANDS DOWN the most delicious cakes you will find. Years of experience, great suggestions, calm, reliable, kind, look no further for your Cakery!

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The red velvet was delicious, the appearance was lacking a bit. The fondant was bubbled out on one side and the decorations left some to be desired. But, it was delicious. Plus she promises to make an anniversary cake free of charge if we give a few weeks notice, and it will be decorated the same.

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
Profile Picture
Darren
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maralyn provided such an amazing experience and wedding cake. Everyone at our wedding was so impressed with our wedding cake. You won't go wrong with Maralyn and Have Your Cake!

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maralyn from Have Your Cake is simply amazing! She is such a kind, warm, creative person, and we could not have been happier with our wedding cake. We requested a gluten-free cake, and Maralyn created the most beautiful and delicious cake we've ever seen. She customized the cake with the flavors, colors, and designs we wanted, and the cake turned out even more incredible than we had imagined. In addition to being incredibly creative and talented, Maralyn is a wonderful person and she always responded to emails and phone calls in a timely fashion. We highly recommend Have Your Cake!

• Wedding: 07/22/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maralyn is terrific to work with. We did a tasting in her workspace & she really listened to what the wedding couple wanted. She was responsive to emails, the cake delivery went perfectly & it looked beautiful. The best part was that it was delicious! She offers to bake a small cake on the 1 year anniversay so you don't have to save part of the cake. We tasted a lot of cake and looked at a range of prices - Maralyn is good & a pleasure to work with.

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Awesome cake! My husband and I were having a strictly kosher wedding, and were initially worried about having an amazing cake that had to follow certain dietary restrictions. Maralyn did a great job! She has an extensive portfolio, and her cakes not only look great but taste great too!

• Wedding: 08/21/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cake was amazing!! Hire her!

• Wedding: 02/11/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Have Your Cake is amazing! My wedding cake was not only beautiful, it tasted great! We had a double layered, 4 tiered cake and Maralyn really made it special. The reason we chose her over other vendors was not only great recommendations from my other vendors but her vision and the taste of the cake. The cake was moist and so tasty! Also, Maralyn was able to replicate the embroidery on my wedding dress onto the cake. It was perfect and everyone complimented the taste of the cake. I'd whole heartedly recommend Have Your Cake!

• Wedding: 10/09/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I decided to use Marilyn to make our wedding cake for several reasons:

#1 Loyalty- my husband had a hard time trying to find a baker to make me a birthday cake (since my birthday is the day after Valentines Day) Marilyn was the only person who would do the job on such short notice.
#2 Taste- her cakes are scrumptious! Her cakes are perfectly moist and tasty. my wedding guests had seconds even a third servings of wedding cake.
#3 Artistry- we told her we wanted the cake to have the same design as our website. we gave her a print out of the website and she sketched out a beautiful cake design. Needless to say the real thing was beyond beautiful the day of the wedding.
I would recommend have your cake for any special event.

• Wedding: 08/22/2010
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Maralyn at Have Your Cake to make our wedding cake in July and we are so happy we did. We tasted a few other cake vendors, but thought that Maralyn had the best tasting cakes. We ended up going with chocolate cake with two layers of mocha filling and a middle layer of dark chocolate ganache (which was amazing!), and vanilla buttercream frosting. The cake tasted great and looking beautiful (see the attached photo). I had shown Maralyn a picture of a similar cake and talked with her about how we wanted the flowers placed, and it came out exactly how I pictured it. She even matched the purple frosting band on the cake to the ribbon we were using for some other wedding things.

Maralyn was very easy to work with and her prices were very reasonable. She will even make you a small version of your cake on your first anniversary so you don’t have to freeze the top.

I would definitely recommend Maralyn if you are looking for a cake for any event.

• Wedding: 07/10/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marilyn provided an excellent tasting, non-dairy, parve, beautiful cake for our wedding day. She made the whole experience very easy for us, from designing the cake to delivery of the cake. She made sure to contact the florist and the event location so that I wouldn't have to worry about it. The cake looked and tasted amazing on the day of. I was really impressed!

• Wedding: 10/18/2009
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maralyn is a wonderful person and her cakes taste amazing! Her bakery is quite inconspicuous and I think clients flock to her mostly by word of mouth. Thank goodness a friend pointed us in her direction. We were starting to get frustrated after several disappointing tastings.

Our cake was gorgeous and Maralyn was great about coordinating the delivery with the florist and wedding site. It was nice to know that I didn't have to worry about the cake arriving or anything like that. The cake was beautiful and delicious and many of our guest commented on it. Yummmm... writing this is making me hungry! Oh, and I found it best to reach Maralyn by phone instead of email. It can take some time to reach her!

• Wedding: 07/19/2008
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marilyn was very accomodating, and not only provided us a delicious Kosher Parev (non-dairy) cake, but also took my mad crazy idea for the cake and ran with it. People actually commented on our cake for months afterwards!

• Wedding: 08/15/2005
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This review is long overdue. Maralyn has been making our cakes for over 9 years. She did a beautiful job for our wedding, and has continued to do so throughout the years for our three kids baby showers and birthdays. We love Maralyn!

• Wedding: 06/11/2005
650-873-8488
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards