Favorite Cakes

Value
Flexibility
Erin
06/26/2015

Kathy is even sweeter than her delicious cupcakes!
Working with Kathy feels like working with your mom's best friend. She is so nice, caring, and thoughtful that you wouldn't even care if her cakes were good or not - and then you taste one of the most delicious cakes you've ever had. We had four flavors of cupcakes at our June wedding and very few leftovers! She even specially made us a tart cherry filling for our cutting cake, with cherries she picker herself from her friends farm. My husband casually commented on his love of Pineapple upside down cakes at our tasting and she surprised him with 6 of them on our wedding day!! Every vendor who knows her LOVES her - every time I mentioned her name people just gushed about how amazing she is. I would have paid an arm and a leg for her but she was very reasonably priced.
She is a dream come true!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Kathy is wonderful and her cakes are even better! We knew the moment that we tasted with her that she was the perfect baker for our wedding cake because you can taste all the love and care in each bite. Kathy was flexible and accommodating to the small planning bumps along the way and we couldn't have been more pleased with our cake. The guests are still raving that it was hands down the best wedding cake they've ever tasted! As a bonus, Kathy provides cupcakes for the catering staff and for the bride and groom to take home with them after the reception - we ate ours in the limo! We recommend Favorite Cakes 100%. - Lindsay and TJ Johnson

Private User
Recently Married

Kathy is the nicest person you will ever meet. Her cakes are delicious as well. We ate our anniversary cake because we couldn't wait.

Virginia
1 Review
10/18/2014

Kathy is extremely kind and talented at her craft. The details she was able to incorporate into our groom's cake were absolutely unbelievable. And our wedding cake design completely blew me away. It was perfect! She was eager to incorporate many personal touches which I loved. People raved about the flavor, too - her cakes are delicious. She was a pleasure to work with, and went above and beyond her job. Upon hearing that our wedding day was also our caterer's birthday, she made her a birthday cake free of charge! (so thoughtful) She also gave us a to-go box of wedding cupcakes we enjoyed the day after our wedding. I would recommend Kathy to anyone!

Jenna
10/17/2014

To start off, if you do not like cake....go see Kathy, she will make a cake-lover out of you very fast.

When we went to meet Kathy, my husband and I truly believed that picking out the design of the cake would take the longest. Nope! She showed us some styles, we gave her our ideas, and done...5 minutes. She was amazing.

Then...came the cakes! Never had I had a cake that made me so incredibly happy...let alone 6 of them. We tried one flavor and said "oh, yep, that is the one"...then the second one and third and so on, with the same reaction. Her cakes are amazing. We ended up, after 3 weeks of debating over cake flavors, to do the Pumpkin Spice with Cream Cheese filling on half of the cake and the Cheesecake Pound Cake with Raspberry filling for the other half. They were out of this world.

I have been to a good amount of weddings, and never had a cake like that at a wedding. Yeah, sure, they look great....but Kathy's look great and taste amazing! Not always the way it goes at weddings I have been too. Not one guest I spoke to at my wedding went without telling me that "it was the best cake they have had at a wedding and the best cake they have ever had...period". So amazing!

And Kathy is wonderful to work with, very calm and loves her job. That is what makes her different from others. She is not just about making the money and getting the business....every couple that comes in is so so important to her. I loved it.

You cannot go wrong with Kathy and Favorite Cakes...plus, you get all of the above, for way better/competitive pricing than what some of these other people charge (and their cakes are not nearly as good). Thanks Kathy! We love you and want more cake!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We loved working with Kathy. In addition to being an incredibly warm and calming person (which is great for dealing with frazzled brides and grooms to be) she is an amazing baker and pastry artist. Our cake was beautiful AND delicious, exactly what we wanted. If you are able to book her, you will not be disappointed!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Kathy was such a joy to work with! She did such a beautiful job with the presentation of the cupcakes and they were delicious! People are still talking about them two weeks after the event. She was so sweet to work with us and accommodated our different tastes - in reality, we liked so many of her combinations that we chose several instead of just having only one. In addition to being so great to work with and producing such a great product, she made us a separate anniversary cake that was packaged and waiting for us at the end of the night. I give her my highest respect and recommendation!

Carol
1 Review
06/21/2014

Kathy at favorite cakes is amazing.
Creates cakes that are works of art and are the best tasting cakes I've ever eaten
Our wedding cake and grooms cakes were exactly what we asked for!
Beautiful and very detailed.
Highly recommend them...

Kristin
05/17/2014

Kathy is awesome to work with. She is such a nice person and is truly there to listen to your ideas and make the cake/cupcake perfect for your special day. Not only is she amazing to work with, but her desserts are to die for. Everyone at our wedding LOVED the cupcakes and I can't say that I blame them. We ordered extra and almost every cupcake was eaten (I can honestly say I was a little sad by this since i wouldn't have minded taking some home for myself -haha). Can't wait to taste the cake on our one year anniversary.

Jessie and Josh
05/10/2014

Kathy is a joy. Our cake was gorgeous and delicious. But more importantly, Kathy has a heart of pure gold. She went above and beyond to make sure our wedding desserts were just right. We can't say enough great things about Kathy as a person and her scrumptious creations.

Sarah
1+ year ago

AMAZING. Our guests could not say enough about our wedding cake, and we would have to agree. Kathy makes beautiful cakes that also taste amazing. We chose a lemon cake with blackberry filling and butter cream frosting, it was to die for. We ate it for breakfast the next morning because we could not get enough. It is rare that guests make so many comments on how tasty wedding cake is. Kathy is sweet, kind and easy to work with. She takes your vision for a wedding cake and makes it a reality. Thanks!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Kathy, provided us the perfect wedding cake for our Indian and traditional wedding. She designed a perfect Indian themed cake with great designs on the cake. The flavors of the cake were amazing! Everyone after the wedding raved about the cake and said how well it looked both in the visual and taste of the cake. We highly recommend using Favorite Cakes for your wedding or any special event you may have. Kathy is also a very great women to work with! Thank you Kathy!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We choose to do cupcakes from this vendor and could not have been happier. They were so DELICIOUS! In fact, I look forward to my 1st anniversary where I can eat my cake again! The cakes were so moist and so good. Kathy was great to work with and very organized.

Lauren
04/12/2013

Kathy was by far one of our favorite vendors to work with! She was super flexible, easy to work with and such a sincere person. Her love for what she does shows in her amazing cakes. I had several guests say that it was the best wedding cake they had ever had!!!! Thank you, Kathy!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Kathy provided the most delicious wedding cake I had ever tasted for our daughter's wedding. She was extremely helpful and flexible. We chose the sour cream pound cake with almond filling and buttercream icing for one of the cakes and then the chocolate with chocolate ganache icing for the other- Both were delicious!The bride's cake was beautiful and exactly how we had wanted it to look. It was perfect. She even provided tiny birthday cakes for the grandmother and mother of the groom! She is a delight to work with and so kind and helpful.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I am so happy that we chose to work with Kathy for our wedding cake. Not that the decision was hard-once we tasted her cake, the decision was easy! We tasted the cakes of several vendors and hers hands down tasted the best. Her fruit filling is so tasty and actually is fruit-I know this sounds strange but some of the other vendors fruit filling tasted like jelly (gross!) We did not live local to the area and she was always flexible and accomodating in meeting with us. An added bonus is she brings you many flavors to taste, in the form of large cupcakes, free of charge. This was very nice as there are many vendors which charge for you to taste cake, so this was appreciated. They are big, so she gives you a box to take the leftovers home. The cake tasted GREAT and even better our cake was beautiful. I recommend her 100%-she was a genuinely nice person and it is very evident that she loves what she does. I look forward to the year anniversary so I can eat more of her delicious cake! Thanks Kathy!