ESSA Salon & Spa

• Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had a great experience working with ESSA salon. I had Maureen as a hair stylist, Kay, as a colorist, and Annette, as my makeup artist. All three did an outstanding job. I was pretty indecisive on what I wanted, but everyone was very helpful and patient helping me design the look I wanted for myself. From the very start, I felt I was working with true professionals- they were creative, attentive, and highly skilled, some even had won Emmy awards. I was very impressed with all of my trials.
Maureen really listened to me, and made good suggestions, some of which I was unsure about, but eventually followed, such as extensions, which I ended up loving. She was very flexible, and really helped me feel comfortable with my final result. Kay did a great job with the color, which was a little dicey seeing as I had been messing with the color myself before the wedding. With not a lot of time, she gave me a natural color that really complimented my skin. Annette really made me feel beautiful with the makeup. I had been to other salons and walked out feeling freakish, like they just piled on a bunch of color and crud. Annette truly was an artist, explaining to me as she went why she chose to highlight this area, etc. I received so many compliments on my wedding day.
The owner Mark was a pleasure to deal with. You could tell he really cares about his work, which leaves you with a positive feeling. The little buffet on the morning of was such a nice addition, and overall, everyone at ESSA helped me have a stress-free, happy wedding day, where I really felt the most beautiful I ever have.

• Wedding: 05/07/2011
Services Used: Beauty & Health
5.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

WOW!!!! That's the best way to describe my experience. I bought a Groupon for 2 Brazilian bikini waxes. I have always gotten them but was looking for a great new place. This place is wonderful. NISA IS THE BEST!!! It hurt less than usual, took only 30 minutes and she got every last hair out, even some stray hairs on my inner thighs (I know, TMI, but I am totally bald on my legs from the knees up and sometimes have some weird stray hairs in my inner thighs that no waxer ever includes as part of the Brazilian and I never feel like paying for a leg wax when it's just a couple strays). I HIGHLY recommend this salon for Brazilian bikini waxes.

• Wedding: 12/28/2007
Services Used: Beauty & Health
516-802-4927
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire