Allison and Chris Britton Photography

Fun, Contempory and Emotional Husband and Wife Wedding Photography

112 E Del Ray
Alexandria, VA 22301 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, High R...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I'll start by saying that having great wedding photos was the thing I cared most about for our wedding. Allison and Chris Britton met my every expectation.

What I liked most about them is how laid back and easy to work with they are. We did an engagement shoot with them, as well as our wedding day, and both times it felt like we were just hanging out with friends having our photos taken.

The most common compliment we hear about our photos are that they are "magical." I think Allison and Chris really know how to work with light, and that gave our photos the whimsical look we love. They also captured a lot of sweet, natural moments of our day.

I would definitely recommend them to friends, and still smile like a huge goofball every time I look through our photos.

• Wedding: 05/04/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had a great time working with Allison and Chris. Our photos turned out absolutely beautiful and after checking out multiple vendors in the area, I know that we also got a great deal. I sent Allison so many questions before the wedding and she was so patient and thoughtful in her responses. Our guests commented that they couldn't believe how many great "party" shots that Allison and Chris got, yet our guests never even noticed that they were there. Very unobtrusive style with a great eye for the details - and the guys loved hanging out with Chris! I highly recommend them for your wedding - book now!!

• Wedding: 04/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Allison and Chris captured our wedding beautifully! The pictures they delivered are gorgeous reminders of a day that flew by too quickly.

I do wish they had provided more guidelines of what shot selections I should choose (maybe a sample list), because there were a few pictures I would have liked to have, but didn't think to ask for. Mostly my fault for not asking, but that's where some suggestions might have helped.

The CD of our pictures came beautifully packaged, featuring some of our shots on the box and CD's themselves. That was a great surprise and was exciting to open!

I still find myself revisiting our pictures on a weekly basis and admiring them!

• Wedding: 10/20/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't even begin to say how ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL Allison and Chris are and how amazing all of our wedding photographs turned out. All of the pictures look like they could be in a magazine. From the very beginning of the process Allison made us feel so comfortable and I knew that we had to go with her. I ended up having Allison take boudoir shots for me as a wedding present for my husband and she made sure that what could have been an awkward situation was instead totally fun and enjoyable - and the album was beautiful.

So many of the people who looked at our pictures have sent me emails saying things such as:
"wow, those photos are amazing! so good choice on the photog"
"I loved seeing all these pictures, and I haven't stopped smiling since I opened up the link. Really nice."
"your wedding photographer did an AWESOME job, totally worth it"

And my husband and I agree. Pictures are such an important part of the wedding because that is what you have to look at after the day is over. I know it sounds crazy but I almost wish I could get married again just so I can have Allison and Chris take photos for me again. If they are available for your wedding date - book them now - seriously.

• Wedding: 07/09/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Allison and Chris are the BEST!!! It was so nice to have two shooters...Chris with the guys and Allison with the girls. They were so great to work with throughout wedding planning. We were thrilled with our engagement pictures...they were really patient with us (we had our dog with us who wasn't acting very well that day!).

On the day of the wedding, they were awesome! We decided to go with the photobooth which was a huge hit! All of our guests loved it and the pictures are hilarious! We really enjoyed working with Allison and Chris...I would recommend them to everyone, they are so talented!!

• Wedding: 05/21/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Allison and Chris are amazing. They are very real, down to earth, and hard working. They make you feel completely at ease with their sense of humor and honesty. They did our engagement session and our wedding. Both came out amazing; they did unique and fun work that totally fit our personalities. They will work to make your vision a reality even if you do not know what that vision is when you start. They bring who you are out in their pictures and it makes the day that much more memorable.

• Wedding: 10/09/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Allison and her team did a phenomenal job. I can’t say enough good things. Photographs are very important to me, and Allison delivered. She is a lot of fun and puts you right at ease. She was always very responsive to my emails and was really flexible on our wedding day. We had planned to do photographs outdoors after the ceremony, but do to an impending rainstorm changed plans around. My husband and I ended up seeing each other before the ceremony and Allison was incremental to planning our big reveal. I absolutely love the photos and have spent hours looking at them already. I think that Allison is very creative in the shots she takes and can really do a lot with a location, even if you are confined to the indoors as we were. I highly recommend using her services!

• Wedding: 05/22/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I love Allison and Chris! Not only are our wedding photos amazing--someone told my parents that they were the best wedding photos they'd ever seen--but they were so wonderful to work with. They were flexible and worked easily with our last minute photo ideas, gave great suggestions, and we received our photos quickly after the wedding. They're professional and fun--it was like having additional friends with us at the wedding! I'd recommend them wholeheartedly, and hope that we find a chance to work with them again (but not for a wedding, obviously :)).

• Wedding: 05/08/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We couldn't be any happier with how our photos turned out. We are so happy we decided to go with A Britton Photography. Allison and Chris did a great job in capturing the moment and these photos are something we will cherish forever. Do yourself a favor and hire A Britton Photography as your photographer. I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

• Wedding: 04/24/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had a great experience with ABritton Photography! I have been meaning to write a review for months, although from reading the other reviews they hardly need it!!! :-)

My wedding was on the day of the huge blizzard in December (12/19/2009, 2+ feet of snow) and our pictures were fantastic. They braved the weather, even getting to the church extra early to make sure they didn't miss anything and with a great attitude about the blizzard conditions! I could tell they enjoyed the photo-op for all the fun pictures in the snow, even having the groomsmen stage a snowball fight.

We have several awesome pictures out in the snow, some great artistic and contemporary pictures with the Christmas tree lights in the background, and a few black and white photos that I have received several compliments on - I have been told they are beautiful, "out of a magazine" or that we look like catalog models for a winter wedding. I couldn't be happier about the outcome.

• Wedding: 12/19/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Allison did our engagement, wedding, and boudoir photos and we couldn't have been happier! Photography was the most important thing to us for our wedding and we knew right away when we met her that she was the right choice. Her work is absolutely stunning. She is so creative and always had so many awesome ideas. She did such a wonderful job of capturing the moment and there was a perfect blend of candid and formal photos. They belong in a magazine! We had so much fun and we absolutely love her!

• Wedding: 10/03/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

While searching for a photographer for my wedding, I stumbled across Allison's work through her website and was very impressed. Allison's style is candid (photojournalism style) interspersed with posed shots (or formals), but the formals are never stuffy or awkward. We met her in person and discovered she has an awesome personality: laidback, a bit goofy, and very comfortable to be around. We booked her right then.

It was a pleasure getting to know Allison better during the engagement pictures. She quickly put us at ease, and we laughed a lot. She was always responsive when we had questions, and she works quickly. My wedding was 9/25/09 and my pictures were posted online on 10/20/09. I've already had TONS of compliments on them, barely one day later. I LOVE how they turned out. They totally capture the emotion of that day. I can't wait to pick my favorites for the album!

Other details: Her second photographer is her husband Chris, who is just as sweet and funny as she is (a lot of the girls totally had crushes on him). Her prices are extremely reasonable when you consider what's included in the package, the high quality of her work, and the going rates for other photographers in the DC area. Our guests loved her. I would highly recommend Allison for your wedding :-)

Lisa N.

• Wedding: 09/25/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We can't say enough good things about Allison and her work! She's super easy to get in touch with and has a really fun and vibrant personality. Her pictures speak for themselves - she does a great job of catching special moments and details in a way that's modern and creative. She's all about trying new things and being adventurous, which makes for many fabulous engagement and wedding pictures. We felt totally comfortable on the day of the wedding with her and her team. They were extremely unobtrusive but exactly where they needed to be the entire time such that our gallery of over 700 photos painted a wonderful and complete picture of the entire day. Our family and friends think her work is just stunning and that the photos do a great job of catching the emotions and spirit of the celebration.

• Wedding: 07/04/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the first time we met with Allison, we were so excited to work with her. Photography was the one element of our wedding we really wanted to take our time with and do our research on to make sure we got the best possible. She brought several albums of some recent weddings she had done, and they were exactly what we were looking for - candid, emotional, beautiful photos. We had our engagement photo session in the Inner Harbor, and Allison brought her husband Chris as a second shooter. They were so fun to work with, and were definitely up for anything. They took us all around the city and knew exactly where to get the best shots. The photos turned out amazing, and that made us even more excited for our wedding photos.

On the wedding day, Allison showed up right on time to take some 'getting ready' shots. I thought it might be a little strange having someone with a camera walking around the house, but she made everyone feel very comfortable and honestly, you never would have known she was there! She and her second shooter captured some amazing shots at the ceremony. At the reception, Allison always seemed to be at the right place at the right time, and we have some memorable photos of our friends and family. She took some really fun shots during the cocktail hour with the bridal party that we absolutely love (go for the jumping shot!). She had our proofs up shortly after we returned from our honeymoon, and we were just blown away. They look like they're right out of a bridal magazine! They're simply stunning. Allison is a true photojournalist, and really captured the intimate style we were looking for. Every time we look through our photos, we feel like we're right back in the moment. She was great to work with - highly, highly recommended!

• Wedding: 05/22/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Allison is awesome! She is so much fun to work with, very laid back and kept everyone at ease. She had us laughing all day, which shows in our pictures. Her images are absolutely amazing. Her rates are about the same as other photographers in the area, but she has a second shooter she works with, so you get twice the amount of coverage for the same rate. She's very responsive to emails and phone calls and flexible with scheduling times to get together. Highly recommended! A+++++

• Wedding: 04/19/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Allison and her team are amazing. They capture candid moments in the most beautiful way. She very creative and keeps the energy up with the whole group. Her easy going personality and work style brings out the best in everyone which makes for great pictures.

• Wedding: 10/04/2008
703-973-2104
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards