Annie & Javi
Master October 2015

NWR: Need to see some funny memes! Stressed at work.

Annie & Javi, on August 31, 2015 at 3:03 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 15
Saved Save

I have issues with my one coworker; we both have similar responsibilities and at times have to work together, we split certain things and will cover for each other, etc., however she is very temperamental and will sometimes explode on people. Not thinking much of it I called one of the assistants outside of our dept. to ask her about something she submitted, my coworker wasn't in the room at the time and even though she had put a note on the bottom of the paperwork the note didn't pertain to what I was asking the assistant about. Coworker came back and then exploded on me because I tried to 'go over' her. I honestly hadn't meant anything by it and even though I saw the note, I felt that the question was still legitimate......Continued...

15 Comments

• Annie & Javi
    Master October 2015
    Annie & Javi ·

Sure I could have waited for my coworker to return to ask her further questions, but there has been instances similar where the response I received was something along the lines of "IDK, call her and ask."; things like that. Either way I tried to let the temper tantrum go but did hold my ground a bit, she told me to shut up and eventually disappeared into our managers office. When I get frustrated I tend to cry; I don't know why, I've always been this way. I am so angry that I had to hold my tongue because I won't steep down too low and refuse to curse or even say things like 'shut up'. Who is willing to post some funny memes to help cheer me up and get this lump out of my throat?!

• Jersey
    Master November 2016
    Jersey ·

Can we make "Meme Monday" an official weekly thing?? I think we could all benefit.

• Pancakes
    Master October 2015
    Pancakes ·

You can just send everyone this picture of Pibb:

• Christina
    Master October 2017
    Christina ·

HA! Omg, YES @Pancakes!

I think that pic needs to be memed....

• Future Mrs Madison
    Expert December 2015
    Future Mrs Madison ·

I hope your day gets better. If not, rearrange the keys on her keyboard before she gets to work tomorrow and watch the fun.

• OriginalKD
    Master December 2015
    OriginalKD ·

• AlexisM082
    Master February 2016
    AlexisM082 ·

No one should be told to shut up. No one should have to work like a damn prisoner. I know the feeling.... I'm a billing supervisor who isn't allowed to supervise. The manager is a giant man child who I can't stand! He gets pissed, punches doors and storms off. Every so often hell ask my team "What the fuck were you thinking? Do you not look at what you're doing?" and I'll tell him to calm down and he'll tell me to mind my own fucking business. I've reported him to hr 3 times. He'll change for a little while, but he always goes back. Now I'm looking for a new job..... I can't take this place anymore. I wish you nothing but the best! If you want me to tell your coworker to piss off, I'd be more than happy to!

• Mrs. León
    VIP October 2015
    Mrs. León ·

• Yasmina
    Master November 2015
    Yasmina ·

Ugh I can't stand people like that!

hope your Monday improves!

• Nikki
    VIP June 2016
    Nikki ·

• Nikki
    VIP June 2016
    Nikki ·

Also some bully memes

• OriginalKD
    Master December 2015
    OriginalKD ·

• JamieLynn
    Master June 2016
    JamieLynn ·

Love funny memes! Hope the rest of your day gets better, Annie!

• Annie & Javi
    Master October 2015
    Annie & Javi ·

LOL! Thanks ladies!

Pancakes, the picture of your Pibb definitely made me smile!!!

• Annie & Javi
    Master October 2015
    Annie & Javi ·

Alexis - I'm sorry to hear that you go through similar things, it really sucks and in my case, it brings down our whole department. I agree with you that no one should be spoken to in that manner. It's absolutely unacceptable in my opinion. I've never worked somewhere where I've had a co-worker talk to me the way two of them tend to. The one isn't so bad anymore since I did talk back to her. Somehow I keep my cool and don't fly off the handle and I never curse or tell anyone to shut up.

After I returned from lunch and our department was empty, my coworker apologized to me. I understand people have their moments, but this has been beyond a moment.

Comment on this discussion