Jennifer
Just Said Yes February 2022

Flowers for a winter wedding?

Jennifer, on January 29, 2019 at 8:18 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 10
Saved Save

We decided on a winter wedding, the colors are Tiffany blue and Gold. I'm trying to figure out what flowers would be in season that would make a nice bouquet for myself and my bridesmaid. Anyone have any flower ideas? Couldn't find much on Pinterest because the colors are definitely odd.

10 Comments

• Mary
    Just Said Yes July 2019
    Mary
    • Flag

My mom recommends white flowers because there isn't really blue flowers that matches that blue.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer
    • Flag

Any recommendations for a type of flower for that time of the year?

• Ashley
    Devoted October 2020
    Ashley
    • Flag
    Pinterest is the best thing ever. 馃槄 I vote roses and Lily鈥檚, and if sure you can work actual colors into that!

Flowers for a winter wedding? 1
  • Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly
    • Flag

Hey Jennifer! Welcome to the WeddingWire community!

For your bouquets, I would look for white flowers in season and then use either the blue or gold as an accent! Lillies, Gardenia and Peonies are all great choices! I'll attach a photo for inspiration!

Flowers for a winter wedding? 2

• Jennifer
    Jennifer
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That is really pretty!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you Ashley!
  • Jeanelle
    Super September 2018
    Jeanelle
    • Flag

Not sure what's in season nor where you live but heres some I found that might both with your blue and gold winter theme.

Flowers for a winter wedding? 3Flowers for a winter wedding? 4

Flowers for a winter wedding? 5

Some more if you're open to expanding your palette which don't have to affect your overall palette but just for florals. I expanded mine a month out for our wedding and couldn't have been happier (my dress was ivory, maid of honor/best lady's was navy blue, and groom wore gray, best man wore white/navy, our florals were cream, dusty blue, wine)

• Megan
    VIP January 2019
    Megan
    • Flag

We did roses in January and they were beautiful. We added some flat cedar and pinecones for a mountain winter feel. Talk to your florist and they will help you execute your vision! These are the only photos I have of my bouquet so far, they aren't the best. My bridesmaids had mini versions. Edited to add: you don't need your flowers to match your color scheme, they actually popped really nicely contrasting. We had Plum, Teal and silver for colors. Our bouquets were white with green and brown. The girls' bouquets were wrapped in teal, mine was in a white bouquet holder because I have TINY hands and holding a traditional wrapped bouquet is hard. Think about neutrals that will stand out against your girls' dresses.

Bouquet to the rightFlowers for a winter wedding? 6Bouquet. I wanted a pretty small bouquet with a light cascadeFlowers for a winter wedding? 7

• E
    Super October 2017
    Emily
    • Flag

One of the things they did for my bouquet was spray some greens and a couple flowers because one of my colors was bronze. It was my favorite part of my flowers - I LOVED the way it turned out.

• Kristen
    Dedicated November 2019
    Kristen
    • Flag
    Maybe add more white ones? And pine cones?

Flowers for a winter wedding? 8

Flowers for a winter wedding? 9

Comment on this discussion