Ashlee
VIP October 2014

asking bridal party

Ashlee, on June 18, 2013 at 2:28 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 18
Saved Save

How did you ask your friends/family to be in your bridal party?

18 Comments

• Out the Window
    Master May 2014
    Out the Window ·
    • Flag

I sent them a card and a personalized note.

• Shawndra
    Super July 2013
    Shawndra ·
    • Flag

I called them haha we're all super close and see each other everyday so it worked out for me!

• Jess08
    Super July 2013
    Jess08 ·
    • Flag

Text. I was going to do something fancy for all of them, but after the first one rejected it--my bff at the time. I decided to not make the asking that big of a deal.

• Maria DiFiore
    January 2020
    Maria DiFiore ·
    • Flag

I just made these super cute cards for someone!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.336253476489782.79462.294401544008309&type=1

• CeCe
    Master May 2014
    CeCe ·
    • Flag

I just called Smiley smile We talked for a long time and I asked them. They were all super happy. It doesn't have to be a big deal, just make sure they know why you are asking them and make sure you give them the option to say no

• Ashlee
    VIP October 2014
    Ashlee ·
    • Flag

I was thinking of just calling too but didnt know if it should be more personal... @maria d ...i tried to copy and paste the link but its not showing

• Maria DiFiore
    January 2020
    Maria DiFiore ·
    • Flag
  • Laura Nicole
    VIP October 2013
    Laura Nicole ·
    • Flag

I waited until I saw them in person, and then I just asked. If that hadn't been an option for anyone, I would have just called.

• Maria DiFiore
    January 2020
    Maria DiFiore ·
    • Flag

Some people will just call, some people who can afford an extra expense will do something like a card & small gift, bottle of wine or something like that. If someone could afford it I think its a super cute idea and its something they can always keep or frame.

• Ashlee
    VIP October 2014
    Ashlee ·
    • Flag

@maria d ..they are so cute!! i love it~!

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

I sent my sister a card. I didn't want to put her on the spot. She was my MOH at my first wedding too and I didn't want her to feel like she HAD to do it all over again.

I told my kids they were in it (junior bridesmaids).

FH called or talked to his guys in person.

• Courtney
    VIP January 2015
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

Three of mine already knew they would be in it, since we talked about it before he proposed. But one doesn't, and I'm planning on printing out a "will you be my bridesmaid" card for her.

• Taylor
    Devoted August 2013
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

I made these note cards and the necklaces. Put charms with something that resembled them. Then I stuck in a hand written note. Most of them cried haha. I like things to be very personal when it comes to big things like this. Smiley smile

• HISballerina
    VIP October 2014
    HISballerina ·
    • Flag

I haven't asked yet because our date is kinda iffy and a little bit of drama going on about some specifics but I have bought little wishbone necklaces for my girls and have attached a card that reads, "I WISH you would be my bridesmaid!". It may be cheesy but I thought it was super different and soemthing cute. Smiley smile

• Lillian
    VIP November 2013
    Lillian ·
    • Flag

I'm really close with all 3 of my BM; we talk/text almost everyday; so I didnt even have to ask. Just told them and they already knew. As for my MOH I asked her in person but she already knew as well. So, i did nothing fancy lol.

• Ashlee
    VIP October 2014
    Ashlee ·
    • Flag

Those are such cute cute ideas!!!!! were all pretty close also i was thinking about just calling too!

• Nicole
    Devoted July 2013
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

I texted them each with a poem I found online!

• M2H
    Master September 2013
    M2H ·
    • Flag

I waited until i was with each of them in person and asked. I let them know if they needed some time I understand. They all said yes right away except one who was just worried about money issues because her BF is FHs brother and best man and theyir daughter i also asked to be the FG.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics