The Left Bank Jewelry & Bridal Finery Reviews

25 | Chicago, IL

25 Reviews for The Left Bank Jewelry & Bridal Finery

Matthew · Married on 06/25/2016

I didn't go, but my fiancé went and loved her experience. She bought a pair of earrings to wear at the wedding.

Sent on 08/14/2015

Keren · Married on 02/28/2016

I loved my earrings and headpiece! I had been eyeing the headpiece I wore from the Left Bank Bridal for quite some time and Susan helped me pair it up with some amazing earrings. It gave my bridal look the perfect touch! Susan was very responsive and helpful throughout the process of buying and researching my bridal pieces, since I was buying from Miami and their shop is in Chicago but I am so happy I took the plunge and bought them as they completed the whole look!

Sent on 03/05/2016

Amanda · Married on 12/12/2015

This is a go-to boutique for wedding jewelry and accessories. The staff is very attentive and helpful. A wonderful selection awaits you in a charming store.

I custom ordered my veil, which turned out beautifully. It completed my look. They have samples for you to try on in store. They make their veils and have them ready within a couple weeks. I shopped around and many of the bridal boutiques order them China and it takes a couple months or longer, or you have to pay a rush fee. I was very pleased with the veil.

They have an extensive collection of bridal jewelry and jewelry appropriate for bridesmaids. I purchased a pretty pair of faux diamond and pearl earrings that they were able to convert into clip earrings. I bought fun statement earrings and a cuff bracelet for my maid of honor that she loved. The selection features a wide range of jewelry and prices so you can find something for yourself or attendees within your price range. The owner and staff are also understanding of your budget, which is nice.

Their clutches and purses are pretty and reasonably priced. I bought an impressive silver and pearl clutch for less than $100. It is sleek, yet roomy enough for my phone, ID, cards and cash, and make up essentials. I'll be able to wear it again for a special event.

I tried on a number of their bridal shoes which are pretty and super comfortable. They did not have the exact heel length I was looking for, otherwise I would have purchased my shoes there too.

Sent on 12/26/2015

Susan was great to work with! She was so accommodating and helpful. I am from New Jersey and wanted to get a better picture of he cuffs. She took so many pictures of the bracelet for me and it came out stunning. Everyone complimented on the cuff and asked where it was from. Susan is a wonderful person to do business with and i will continue to recommend her!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Tanya · Married on 08/24/2013

I absolutely love The Left Bank!

I lived a block away from this cute shop years ago and remembered it when I was wedding planning. Here I purchased my earrings, bracelet and headpiece and could not have imagined going elsewhere. My Lazaro dress was extremely glam with lots of beading, crystals and organza and I wanted to tone it down a bit with my jewelry. However, after speaking with Susan, she convinced me that I was the bride and I could not be too glam on my wedding day! My mom, sister and I picked out the most beautiful beaded chandelier earrings, a gorgeous crystal and beaded headpiece (comb) and this gorgeous bracelet.

Everything in this store is absolutely stunning and one of a kind - which was exactly what I was looking for. It is like taking a trip to a quiet bridal boutique in a Europe. I love it here so much and I have recommended it to over 6 brides! I cannot recommend this store enough!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Tala · Married on 08/03/2013

amazing items! the kind of great quality you want for your wedding day!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Amy · Married on 04/13/2013

I had the perfect wedding headpiece, earrings, bracelet, and necklace. I had tons of comments about my wedding jewelry. It was awesome! I had some great help at the store, and couldn't be happier with my selection. I would highly recommend any bride, mother of the bride, even guests to come get their jewelry here! Thanks again!!!

Sent on 04/19/2013

Karen · Married on 09/24/2011

Custom original veil, and jewelry for all my bridesmaids was at the top of my list for wedding planning. The ladies here were amazing to work with and encouraged me to go with my own style rather than their opinions. I couldn't thank them more! I got so many compliments on my birdcage veil and all of my bridesmaids love the jewelry I gave them. They wear it all the time now, not just at my wedding.

Sent on 11/21/2011

Amanda · Married on 08/14/2010

When the shoes I had ordered online were back ordered longer than expected and did not arrive in time for my trip to Chicago for my first gown fitting, I stopped into The Left Bank. They had the shoes I wanted in my size but the wrong color. They let me barrow the sample shoes in the wrong color to take with me to my first fitting and shipped me the correct color as soon as they arrived! Great service!

Sent on 09/26/2010

Kelli · Married on 09/26/2009

I love this store!! We bought brooches from them for our bridesmaids as well as my hair jewelry...they have such a wide array of things for weddings and even little nick nacks for the home. We also purchased adorable little flower girl and ring bearer books!!

Sent on 12/08/2009

Natalie · Married on 05/30/2009

I bought my wedding shoes here. The owner of the store is really nice and offers great advice. The shoes were beautiful and a reasonable price.

Sent on 06/17/2009

The Left Bank Jewelry & Bridal Finery's reply:

Thanks for reviewing...and the great one at that!
    We just launched our blog, www.EverythingButTheDress.blogspot.com
    Check it out and tell us what you think...it just started, but we have great plans!
    We wish the best for you,
    The Ladies At The Left Bank

Lauren · Married on 06/07/2008

My daughter purchased her wedding tiara and earrings at this shop. She found elements in different headpieces that she liked and the owner offered to have a tiara custom made. It came in plenty of time for the wedding and looked great. We were very pleased.

Sent on 06/27/2008

The Left Bank Jewelry & Bridal Finery's reply:

We are so happy you loved the custom headpiece and thank you for taking time to review our boutique. We really appreciate it!
    Merci Beaucoup,
    The Ladies At The Left Bank Jewelry & Wedding Shoes

Tiffany · Married on 10/01/2016

Perfect for brides looking for accessories, a one-stop shop. I found my earrings here. They have a "silver" section and "gold" section so you'll be able to find something to go with your dress. Things are pricey but do look expensive for costume jewelry.

Sent on 12/02/2016

Cynthia · Married on 10/24/2015

I went to the Left Bank specifically to look at and try on Angela Nuran shoes. I purchased Angela Nuran's Astoria shoes with the Antique brooch. I had them custom dyed to match my wedding color. They turned out perfect. Not only did the look beautiful, but they were comfortable as well - more comfortable than I ever thought a pair of heels could feel. In addition to the shoes, I purchased a decorative hair clip and a bracelet for my wedding, plus other jewelry to wear to the brunch the day after the wedding. The Left Bank has such pretty jewelry and accessories, not just for bridal and weddings. The staff is friendly and helpful and knowledgeable.

Sent on 02/15/2016
  • User4520100 · 2+ years ago

The Left Bank was the perfect place to find my wedding accessories! For my beach wedding, I found a perfect pair of wedges - cute, functional, and comfortable. Susan even customized them for me with an embellishment. My earrings and bracelet also fit my style perfectly - simple but beautiful. I still wear them and think of my wedding day whenever I do. The veil was a final touch that pulled my entire look together. The selection at The Left Bank was unbeatable. Susan was a great help in putting my look together and was a pleasure to work with. For anyone wanting beautiful unique accessories with superb service, you need to visit The Left Bank.

(Quality of service was a 5, but my iPad is not keeping my selection at 5 starts.)

Sent on 11/02/2014

Sherri · Married on 12/11/2010

Loved this store from the moment I first walked in and felt as if they knew me from coming in so often, but were totally genuine and great to work with.
    The best advice they gave was "Go with your true inner style", not just what would match my dress. They were right. They have a great collection of earrings, brooches, bracelets, etc...They are not cheap, but you can tell the quality and that it's not typical department store things. I can't say they were super expensive either, but fair and you will not see their things elsewhere. I searched high and low for every detail and came back to purchase my accessories and wedding shoes (Love Angela Nuran shoes). Go, you will not be disspointed. Note to other brides, shop early, things get snatched up fairly fast and something you may have your heart set on may not be there again!

Sent on 01/01/2011

Jessica · Married on 04/24/2010

I bought my earrings and bracelet from this store. They have a lot of great stuff and its a very cute store. The owner Susan is very helfpul and very nice. I ordered a Haute Bride bracelet but I was unable to go to their trunk show b/c I was out of town but Susan still gave me the trunk show discount. I had them change the bracelets pearls and they still manage to get the bracelet in time for my wedding. They have a great customer service and lots of great items. Thanks Ladies

Sent on 04/27/2010

Casey · Married on 07/12/2014

This store has very unique and beautiful jewelry, veils, shoes, etc. Definitely a good place to go if you need any wedding accessories and the women who work there are so helpful and kind.

Sent on 08/18/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 09/01/2013

This shop is fabulous!!! When I visited it was the first time I realized how indecisive I was but they saleswoman was genuine, not pushy and really helped me figure out the best pieces for me by asking what type of person I was - elegant, modern, vintage inspired? It was great, she really knew her stuff and I ended up with some amazing extras that made me feel flawless on my wedding day.

Sent on 12/20/2013
  • June

June · Married on 09/02/2012

I purchased wedding day accessories from The Left Bank and was very happy with their product. They had a great selection of hair combs and the one that I liked happened to be on sale! I was also looking to buy a bracelet and was able to find a really nice one that fit my tiny wrist. The store is charming and they have a lot of merchandise. I would recommend a visit for brides looking for inspiration.

Sent on 09/09/2012

lidia · Married on 05/21/2010

I discovered The Left Bank while researching a line of bridal jewelry online. My maid of honor and I ended up spending several hours in the store, trying on jewelry, accessories and shoes and chatting with the owner, Susan.

Once I picked out a necklace and earrings that I loved, Susan helped me to customize them to match my dress. She also told me about a line of bridal shoes designed to be fashionable, as well as comfortable. After wearing the shoes for 12 hours on my wedding day, I can say that she was right! I also found the perfect floral hair accessories for my bridesmaids, made by a local artist who was able to customize the color exactly to match my wedding theme. I always looked forward to stopping into the shop to browse and chat with Susan and the Left Bank ladies.

On the day of the wedding, I received so many compliments on the jewelry. I highly recommend The Left Bank for unique, beautiful wedding accessories and friendly, attentive service!

Sent on 06/23/2010

Leanne · Married on 09/12/2009

I bought my jewelry, as well as my bridesmaids jewelry from the Left Bank and it was all so beautiful. I bought my jewelry from the Haute Bride trunk show and it was perfect. The owner looked at pictures of my dress and picked out several options for me, when some had too much or too little pearl, she came back with the perfect necklace and earring choices to match. When I thought that my earrings were wrong when they came in, I completely overreacted, but they were so helpful and eased my concerns immediately. I returned for my bridesmaid jewelry and they helped me pick out the perfect earrings and necklaces - the woman even stayed a little late. They were never pushy and allowed me to browse as much as I liked. They defintely have an eye for the right pieces, too. Everything came in on time. They were beautiful and of superb quality.

Sent on 10/27/2009

Susie · Married on 08/14/2010

3.5

I got an awesome bee keeper type veil costume made here. They did a great job in a timely manner. The only think was the price. It was very expensive for a small veil...but i knew what to expect. They also had great hair pieces there too. I went the DIY route and made my own. If you have cash to spend, I'd highly recommend Left Bank.

Sent on 08/20/2010

Cindy · Married on 06/30/2007

3.8
      3.0

Cute store with a wide selection of jewerly - great place to get jewerly for your bridesmaids that they will wear again. They will even wrap it for you.

Sent on 06/17/2008

The Left Bank Jewelry & Bridal Finery's reply:

Thanks for taking time to review.
    We certainly appreciate it!
    Hope you had a wonderful and memorable wedding.
    Kindly,
    Susan
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 09/18/2010

0.4
      0.5

I had the best experiences with ALL of my vendors during my wedding - except The Left Bank. I was looking for shoes, but made it very clear that I was still deciding and was buying the shoes with the understanding that I could bring them back. I was told - no problem, brides do this all the time, etc. However, when I went to return the shoes (that I never ended up putting on my feet even once) I was told they would only give me store credit. This was 3 days AFTER my wedding! Why would I need store credit to a wedding boutique?! So, strike one was lying to me about the rules. Strike two was the way they handled it. The owner of the store was listening to our conversation but had her back to me the whole time and when she kept insisting they ALWAYS say it is only store credit - she didnt even have the decency to turn around and say it to my face. She was reading her email the whole time. She was arrogant, rude and by far my worst wedding experience was at her store. I would never recommend anyone to support this rude, rude person. If they would have handled this nicely and apologized for the mix-up I wouldn 't feel so strongly about this but she was just awful to me and I would say - brides stay away!! Go to Erin Gallagher down the street for jewelry - they were amazing - or get your shoes elsewhere. Weddings are stressful enough without people like this!

Sent on 09/23/2010

The Left Bank Jewelry & Bridal Finery's reply:

Our return policy clearly states on the receipt that merchandise is for store credit only within 30 days which we are very flexible with. Most bridal stores are final sale. Not only was the return made after 30 days but after the wedding and we issued a store credit. We clearly stated at the time of sale that they can exchanged them for anything else. We are sorry for the miscommunication, but we need to be firm on this policy.