The Ballantyne Reviews

The Ballantyne 4
The Ballantyne 5
  • W

Chad · Married on 06/06/2009

OUTSTANDING!! We still hear from our friends about how nice everyone in the hotel was, the food quality, and the atmosphere. Of course, they also say that our wedding was a blast, but it wouldnt' have been as much of a success had we done it anywhere else. My wife and I went to three or four other venues before visiting The Ballantyne, and had we come here first, we could have saved a significant amount of time and effort. I strongly recommend!

Sent on 09/30/2009

Adair · Married on 08/09/2008

The Ballantyne was the most perfect place to hold my wedding weekend! We had guests come in from all over and they were so impressed with how pretty the hotel is and the hospitality they received from the entire staff. The Reception was georgous! My friends and family still talk about the rack of lamb we had and my favorite part was throwing my bouquet over the most beautiful banister before we walked down the grand staircase for our goodbyes! It was the most perfect place for my magical wedding!

Sent on 08/28/2009

Ben · Married on 04/28/2018

Our daughter Giovanna and her Husband Drew were married in Charlotte last weekend and we held a reception for 200 people at the Ballantyne. It was spectacular!
    Our guests, many from out of town, raved about the hotel its services and over the top helpful and friendly staff. The ballroom was set up beautifully and the food was perfect!
    cocktail hour was a tremendous event and the wait staff were very attentive. We shopped several venues that appeared to be less expensive, but after all the "add-ons" at the other places, The Ballantyne's packages were the best value. I would definitely do it over again in the same way. The hotel and grounds are truly spectacular, and many of our guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to and the most beautiful hotel they had ever stayed at. Dee Wood and Allison Meyer put the whole thing together, covered every detail, and executed every action plan!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Rob · Married on 04/08/2018

We're about to celebrate our 2-Month Anniversary, and now that life is finally settling, we're reflecting on how wonderful our Wedding was at The Ballantyne.

Allison Meyer was AMAZING! She was not our original wedding coordinator, but picked up the event just a few weeks before our big day (our original coordinator moved on to a new job) and we are SO SO Grateful that Allison was with us when the time came. Not only did she address our every concern (which inevitably will happen regardless of how great the planning) but she solved problems that cropped up before we even knew about them -- exactly what you want in an event host! We felt confident at every step that Allison knew Exactly what was going on, and had it handled down to the last detail.

In additional, she worked Perfectly with our "Day-of Coordinator" who we brought in from outside. We were a bit concerned at first that this could cause friction, but the two of them were both such professionals and worked perfectly together!!

While I can't say enough good about Allison, I'd be remise if I didn't talk about The Ballantyne too. The reception was beautiful, the food was magnificent (dozens of guests gushed about how great everything tasted!), and our room that night was elegant. The team put out rose petals, chocolate covered strawberries, and champagne (not that we really needed More to drink, but of course we did anyways).

In summary, Yes! Of Course!! If The Ballantyne is your picture perfect wedding, then we wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone who asked!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Ashley · Married on 04/22/2017

Impressed from the beginning. We knew this was the place minutes after walking in! Gorgeous common areas throughout the hotel and had a wonderful weekend hosting our friends and family at the Lodge! It was so great to have the entire lodge to ourselves from Friday to Sunday! Would choose them for future events. Our event coordinator (Ashley) was amazing and so organized and really made our day so smooth as the day of coordinator!! Could not thank her and the staff more. Food is definately worth the price (we were consistently told it was the BEST wedding food our guests had ever had). Loved it!!

Sent on 05/06/2017

Natalia · Married on 07/09/2016

Hosting my July 2016 wedding reception at the Ballantyne Hotel was even better than I imagined. We had around 120 guests and used the Carolina Room for the cocktail hour and the Fairway Ballroom for the reception. I toured a number of wedding venues before selecting the Ballantyne, and chose the Ballantyne because in addition to the beautiful location, their staff was exceptionally detail-oriented, organized, and professional. I wanted the planning process to be easy, and I liked how instead of working with many different vendors, a lot of what we needed was included in the per person price (space for getting ready, wedding night suite, food and drink, china, chargers, linen, chairs, dance floor, table numbers, votive candles, etc.). Once we booked, Allison Meyer was our contact and she is fabulous! She ensured that the planning process and wedding day ran smoothly, and I had the peace of mind on my wedding day knowing that she was on top of her game. I highly recommend the Ballantyne Hotel to other couples planning their special day!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Mary · Married on 11/16/2013

The Ballantyne Hotel is a beautiful venue for a wedding. We hosted a very intimate wedding (only 60 guests) and we were treated wonderfully. Everyone, from Adair (Sales) to Alli (event coordinator) to the waite staff were friendly, accommodating, professional and efficient. The chef was very flexible and we our cake (The Cake Lady (Jill) was terrific. The custom-made/designed wedding cake was just perfect. I would HIGHLY recommend The Ballantyne Hotel.

Sent on 12/24/2013

DAVID · Married on 07/14/2017

This hotel is amazing!!! Professional service and extremely accommodating! They made our day run smoothly and all of our guest were impressed with the hotel’s beauty and quality of service

Sent on 09/29/2017
  • Priya

Priya · Married on 03/16/2013

We had our Indian Wedding at the Ballantyne and were blown away by how amazing the experience was. Alli Hall helped us with initial planning and with our wedding planner helped us have our perfect day! Getting to have both our ceremony and reception at the same location was amazing and the overall service of both the staff on the day of the wedding and those we met whenever we visited was fantastic.
    The Ballantyne Hotel was a bit costly but they made up for it with a great location and service. They helped us have a great ceremony. We did have another event occur the morning of our wedding which could have caused set backs but luckily everything went smoothly. Overall, we were very happy with the service and hospitality of the Ballantyne.

Sent on 09/07/2013

3.5

Our wedding was at The Lodge at the Ballantyne. It was absolutely gorgeous-LOVE this venue. We rented out the sleeping rooms as well so we could make it a weekend event. Everyone had a blast hanging out and enjoying the amenities like the pool tables and ping pong. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. It is a pricy place to hold an event like this, but they do offer winter packages to help bring down some of the costs. I would highly recommend this venue!!

Sent on 12/04/2013

Gina P · Married on 11/03/2018

1.0

Terrible Experience with Coordinator

My husband and I had our reception at The Ballantyne in November 2018. Our initial experience when we booked our wedding with the venue was positive, however about 4 months into planning we were told that our assigned wedding coordinator was leaving the venue and we would be receiving a new coordinator once a replacement was found. We heard absolutely nothing for over 2 months when we decided to reach out again. Turned out the replacement had started (over a month) and just never bothered to reach out to us. We scheduled our first meeting… none of the information for all of our vendors, coordinator services, linen selection, timeline, etc. that had been already covered with our first coordinator had been passed on. The new coordinator didn’t even take the time to read our contract prior to our first meeting. We literally had to start from scratch. We spent the next 5 months right up to our wedding going back and forth with almost every single communication in person and in writing being full of incorrect or outright wrong information that we repeatedly reviewed with her. The number of issues we had as a result of her lack of attention to detail, inexperience, and unfamiliarity with the venue was ridiculous. The absolute worst being the throwing out of my bouquet wrapped in pieces of my mother’s wedding dress.
    After our wedding we provided feedback to our coordinator and our booking agent, detailing all of the concerns we had around our experience. Our booking agent was authorized by a manager, Raj Radke, to offer us a one-night stay and spa treatment to be used in the next year as a resolution to our experience. We have no desire to return to a place that treated us so poorly and turned down the offer. The coordinator also offered to reimburse us the coordinator fee, however almost 2 weeks after the wedding it was discovered that she had not correctly completed our billing spreadsheet. Despite the fact that the coordinator had confirmed in writing that we had paid our bill in full prior to the wedding, they now claimed we had an unpaid balance. Instead of reimbursing us the full fee, they applied the “reimbursement” to her mistake.
    Raj, the manager was CCed on all of the communications around our concerns with the service we received and never took the time to speak with us, respond, or apologize once.
    This may have been a venue that provided great service at one time, but our experience was one of disappointment, frustration and incompetence. I would not recommend that anyone entrust their special day to this venue after the experience we have had with their current staff.

Sent on 01/05/2019

The Ballantyne's reply:

Gina, thank you for sharing your feedback. We sincerely apologize that the wedding planning process was not the seamless experience for which we are known. Your feedback has allowed us to discuss proactive solutions for future wedding couples. While this is certainly a benefit for future clients, it does not replace the disappointment and frustration you felt during your once-in-a-lifetime celebration. Thank you, again, for sharing your experience honestly with us. We value all that you've shared. Again, for not exceeding your expectations, we are incredibly sorry.

Stephanie · Married on 05/26/2007

1.6
      2.0
      2.0
      1.5

So, i had my hair and make-up done at Ballantyne ( i was staying there for the wedding) and i didn't make an appointment to practice but i had a rough idea of what i wanted. So first off, i could do better with the eye shadows and she almost ruined the eye liner and i wanted fake eyelashes so just incase i needed them, i brought a pair and had to put them on myself.
    My hair blond and very long so i wanted it curled and half up and i expect someone working at ballantyne to be able to do a simple hairstyle in a timely manner. She did a sloppy job curling and did not use nearly enough hairspray and i was 45 minutes late to the cerimony due to her taking way too long! I love Ballantyne Resort but i would never recomend their hair and makeup services for anything important, and the spa is not cheap either.

Sent on 03/26/2008