The Architect Bar & Social House Reviews

20 | Raleigh, NC

20 Reviews for The Architect Bar & Social House

• Caroline

Caroline · Married on 07/14/2018

Caroline is your girl!!! She will not disappoint!!!

I had the pleasure to work with Caroline. She was wonderful in planning and making sure everything went well. The bride and groom were definitely enjoying their time. I officiated the wedding and I could not tell this was a last minute planning. Absolutely beautiful!
    I highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Cassie · Married on 04/14/2018

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception there on 4/14/18 and it was seriously perfect. We rented out the Green Light Room as well which was perfect. Lauren and the rest of the staff were so fun to work with and our wedding ended up being 100 times more amazing than we could have ever dreamed it to be!

Sent on 04/28/2018

Megan · Married on 10/14/2017

"We were lucky enough to have our wedding reception at the Architect and The Green Light on October 14, 2017. The space is an incredibly unique and affordable gem in downtown Raleigh. Our 130 guest raved about how accommodating the staff were, how unique and creative the space was and how the drinks were delicious. The staff and Architect Coordinator, Lauren, were a dream to work with over our 18 month engagement. She made the entire process easy, pleasant and continuously went above and beyond to ensure that our vision came to life and the space was perfect. She happily met with us whenever we asked and answered countless emails. I can’t speak enough about how special the staff makes you feel. This is the perfect space for those that are looking for a memorable and different wedding experience for guests. Highly recommend- it was truly the perfect experience for us and our guests"

Sent on 11/09/2017

Clare · Married on 05/06/2017

We had the best experience hosting an engagement party at The Architect! Lauren Husketh made planning the event so easy! She was so great! We had about 70 people attend and there was so much room for everyone. We were able to decorate the whole place (even though the decor of the venue didn't need much to look amazing) , the food was delicious, and they were great about working with our budget to figure out how to throw the best event. I highly recommend The Architect for any wedding event. Nothing could have gone better for us!

Sent on 03/06/2017

Logan · Married on 01/20/2017

Definitely book here early- and it is worth reserving both the Architect and Green Light bars at $1000 each for exclusivity. The service and unique look of the place are outstanding and cozy. We are so glad we chose this place for our reception.

Sent on 03/02/2017

Katie · Married on 11/05/2016

The Architect was the perfect space for our 50 person reception. Lauren was very professional and flexible in helping get everything set up. The drinks are amazing and the staff was incredibly helpful!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Caroline · Married on 10/28/2016

The atmosphere at The Architect speaks for itself when you see the furniture and decor. Throw in a great event coordinator and bar tenders that know how to have fun, you have yourself a fantastic evening celebrating with loved ones! We cant say enough amazing things about this place, the people and the celebration we will never forget!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Sam · Married on 07/30/2016

Wonderful place for a venue and guests loved the unique space! Lauren and her team made the day easy and breezy. Highly recommend : )

Sent on 09/29/2016

We loved having our wedding at the architect. It was so different from any wedding I'd ever been to and we got lots of compliments on the wedding and how much fun people had.

Sent on 07/06/2016

Lauren was wonderfully easy to work with, and The Architect was the perfect venue for our wedding. It was very flexible and allowed us the freedom to bring in our own food and decorate as we wished. I would definitely recommend this venue for any event.

Sent on 12/29/2015

This location is great! My fiance had one request. Reception in downtown Raleigh. All the other locations were either too small or outside our budget, but I am so glad that we found this place! I cannot rave about it enough. Lauren is fantastic! She brought in a special beer on tap and was so helpful through the whole process. We brought in mixers for our signature cocktails. And best of all, we were able to have an open bar with anything that you want! At first I was a little worried about the space, but we had 7 60" rounds, with a head table and 3 tables of 6 people (those had to stay in The Architect) and everything fit great. More tables could have been added, but I thought we were comfortable. The rental charge is so reasonable and we also paid a little extra for the Green Light, which was great! The best part about The Architect was anything goes. They are so easy going, so if you want to add your own touch to your wedding, I would definitely go with them.

Sent on 10/14/2015

Shawn · Married on 09/12/2015

Then venue coordinator was really helpful and easy to work with. Also, the bar staff is top notch. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a unique, fun, and classy atmosphere.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Stephanie · Married on 07/11/2015

My husband and I could not have been any happier with The Architect. We used this venue for our cocktail style wedding reception. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. Lauren was great at coordinating everything and very prompt with answering questions and helping us through the long process. All of our guests were so impressed with the venue - I can't tell you how many people said "what a neat place" when greeting us at the reception. Because of it's rustic feel and natural setting, we didn't have a spend a fortune decorating, it is just simply a nice place. The price was very reasonable for the space and they allowed you to open a tab at the bar for your guests and cut it off at your discretion. This allowed guests to consume a larger variety of drinks as opposed to some venues where you could only choose from a certain number of beers, wine or liquor. I would recommend, without hesitation, anyone to have a party/wedding reception at this venue.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Rachel · Married on 02/21/2015

The Architect Bar & Social House was the PERFECT venue for my vintage winter wedding. I had about 75 guests with a sit down dinner and space for dancing. The venue has a great flow that can accommodate many guests but still feels quaint and unique. Their decor is a cool mix of modern and vintage and was so easy to work with when deciding on my Pinterest vision! Lauren, the event manager, was the easiest to work with. She was open to any and all ideas and was very helpful in the planning process and deciding how everything would work logistically the day-of. I think everyone has regrets about things they did or didn't do for their wedding but using the Architect Bar & Social House was absolutely the best decision I made for my wedding! Once I fell in love with the space then everything else fell easily into place and I really got to enjoy my own wedding!

Sent on 03/13/2015

Anthony · Married on 02/14/2015

Easy to work with and nothing was a problem they couldn't accomodate or work with us with. They event planner Lauren was very good to work with and professional. Staff was amazing servicing our guests.

Sent on 03/07/2015
  • User4293077 · event on 05/31/2014

We had a 1920's Speakeasy themed party at this venue and it was wonderful. The venue fit our theme perfectly. The staff was very professional, fun and helpful at every turn. Can not thank them enough for a wonderful event.

Sent on 08/01/2014

Stephanie · event on 05/10/2014

Some friends and I hosted an engagement party at the Architect. It was the perfect venue for the party. Lauren was very responsive and helpful in planning the party. We were allowed to choose food and decorations that we wanted for the party. Everyone had a great time!

Sent on 03/09/2015

The venue was absolutely perfect! So many of our guests told us how beautiful it was. Our photographer was in love with the space. The event started at 5pm and the skylight arrow cieling looked gorgeous.
    The Event Coordinater, Lauren was so great to work with. She was available to meet with me to walk the layout of the venue to brainstorm with me (several times)and she was prompt in responding to me via email and phone. She was great in assuring me that things would be how I wanted them and she even offered great ideas and solutions. She set us up in the back bar/lounge area "the secret room" for the wedding party to enjoy beverages before officially being announced to our 150 guests. She provided us with options for food caterers and rental companies.
    The Manager, Shawn and his staff were dressed very classy and were professional. Having worked in the hospitality industry for several years I was very impressed with the service. The beverage service was prompt (and our crowd knows how to drink...a LOT), they were clearing empty food plates throughout the event and even replenishing tea lights that had expired! Even assited our parents after the event with packing up our decorations and gifts.
    The DJ was easy to work with as well. We sent him our main event songs and a general idea of what we wanted and before the night ended we had everyone out on the dance floor!
    The bar selection was the best!
    The owner, Jon understood how important this event was to us and took extra measures in preparing the venue for the event so that it looked it's absolute best.
    All of our guests that we have spoken to since the event cannot stop talking about how great of a party we had and it is thanks to The Architect staff and the venue itself. It was the wedding of our dreams and we will always be very grateful! We would love to recommend this venue for anyone looking for any upcoming event you may have.

Sent on 03/14/2015

Kirstiana · Married on 08/05/2017

The space is everything I wanted when I pictured my wedding reception. We ended up having 80 guest and was able to fit 6 big round tables in to go along with the three tables they provide. Our reception turned out beautifully, which is the most important part. I would highly recommend having a wedding or event in this location.

Pros:
    •You can bring in your own food
    •It is a beautiful and fun location! Every single guest told us how much fun they had at our wedding.
    •There are a few tables provided and bar stools which help save money on rentals

Cons: (these were not at all deal breakers and we had a blast at our wedding they are just things I wish I had known)
    •This was the biggest down fall that I ran into that I wish I knew before hand, which I feel is important to share (no fault to the architect). I wish I would have known that rental companies charge a fee to do a late night pick up because the architect does not have a place to store rentals onernight after the reception. Therefore, the rental company hired will have to come at 10pm to pick up rentals at an extra charge.
    •The bartenders ended up having control of our playlist we spent time creating and changed songs. Some songs we were really looking forward to hearing and dancing to ended up not getting played and with all the craziness that comes with a wedding we didn't realize it until later in the evening. There were also a few songs played that we really dislike and didn't add to our play list for a reason.
    •You can not enter the venue until noon the day of and I promise it is A LOT to deal with yourself so I would plan to have lots of help to set up from family/wedding planner/pay extra for rental set up. Lauren was a big help setting up so I could go back to the hotel to get ready.
    •If you don't pay extra to rent out the green light room people are allowed to come in and out to enter that bar throughout the night. I ended up not even noticing but I had a few guests that did.

Sent on 08/15/2017

Sammi · Married on 01/21/2017

We chose The Architect Bar and Social House for our wedding venue because it was small enough for our wedding and super adorable!

Sent on 12/14/2016