Sterup Square Carousel Ballrooms Reviews

9 | Troy, NY

9 Reviews for Sterup Square Carousel Ballrooms

Sarah · Married on 08/09/2014

We planned our wedding here on Troy while w lived in Syracuse. The staff was amazing at communicating with us and getting back to us with any questions we had. They were flexible with our requests and let us decorate how we wanted. The food was amazing and we had great service. The venue have us Wednesday through Friday let us set up before the wedding on Saturday. They were the best venue I have ever worked with.

Sent on 08/24/2014

I wish all of the vendors we worked with were as receptive to us as the Carousel Ballroom! Lisa and Sylvia were always available and more than willing to listen and accommodate!! Great food and plenty of it. Waitstaff impeccable.

Sent on 03/12/2014

jesenia · Married on 04/06/2013

They are great! They did everything just like we wanted and they wasnt agaisnt any of our ideas

Sent on 03/11/2014

Donna · Married on 10/05/2012

Beautiful venue, remarkable staff that catered to every request we had. Although we had a small intimate wedding (60 guests) no detail was left unattended. We wish we could do it all over gain. Still getting compliments months after about the food, the staff and especially the cake! Nothing shy of Perfection! Thank you Lisa Grace and Sylvia!

Sent on 02/13/2013

Donna Jean · Married on 10/05/2012

Unique venue for a wedding. Lisa Grace and Phyllis were exceptional when making our choices for food and arranging the room. The food,service everything was nothing shy of excellent! Wish we could do it all over again.

Sent on 02/25/2014

Ashley · Married on 02/09/2013

Kevin and I were just thrilled with our Reception at Sterup Square. The food was incredible, the filet mignon was so tender. They added so many things, like stunning champagne chair bows at no cost. We had about 140 guests and all the food came out quickly. We had no stress, not even my new mother-in could find anything wrong, that's a first.

Sent on 02/17/2013

Amanda · Married on 02/18/2012

3.0

We just had our Reception at Sterup Square and it was everything they promised us. The food was very good, the place was immaculate but what made it special for my family was the service. They did everything for us, the head server even fixed the train of my dress before we were announced by the DJ. Andy’s family loves to eat and the servers kept the hors d’oeuvre table over flowing with vegetables and cheese. We originally wanted a buffet, but I am glad we took the Chef’s advice and went with a sit down. The filet mignon was incredible, the smashed garlic potatoes were seasoned nicely and the veggies were steamed. They even made a special gluten free meal for my Aunt, no fuss. It was the first time she had been able to eat out in months. Everything just seemed to flow, we didn’t feel rushed but we had so much time after the cake to dance. The cake was a chocolate marble cake with a chocolate sauce over it, I LOVE chocolate. We had the chandeliers dimmed for our first dance, I just looked at Andy and I thought this is what I had always wanted for my wedding. The only thing I would like better was if the bridal lounge was bigger, but they did fill it was strawberries and champagne, but of course my sister ate most of the strawberries.

Sent on 03/12/2012

Heather · Married on 08/13/2011

3.5
      3.5
      2.0

I was in love with carousel the first day i walked in it the place is beautiful! Well i was very stressed out it was close to the wedding and i wanted everything perfect! i went to the carousel to make sure they could have the tables set up the way and they said it would i even gave them a sheet of how i wanted it. and we decided we were going to use their cake so we were stuck with the fake cake that has dirty marks all over it. i was so mad and told them to clean it who ever sees a dirty cake? they said it would get cleaned and when i saw it rehersal day it looked the same way as b4 yet it was cleaned.. i had to pay my florist to cover it as much as she could. this was before the rehersal day. now rehersal day... food wasnt that great we had italian. & i walked into the cermony room my tables had the wrong center pieces but i didnt let it bother me. i walked into the reception ballroom my tables we not set up exactly the way i wanted and the chairs didnt have the correct #s. my huband had to go and figure out what table was going to be 6 and 7 because one table was out of place and no tables were numbered. it wasnt a huge thing but i didnt expect to do that much work. wedding day... in my bridal room we had this little tray of fruits and veggies there were 2 to 4 strawberries on there and i only had to when i asked for more they were out... figures! food came out portions were tiny. it was a good amount for me but for my husband and most of the guys there it wasnt satisfying. & the salad had the wrong dressing on it we ordered the house dressing and it came out as oil and vinegar something like that i made them give me what i requested. after dinner we had to start the special dances cake cutting etc. when the dj started the cake cutting song we walk to the table and our cake piece and knife wasnt there! how embarassing! this was the one thing that i was worried about and it didnt go right! when cake was served it was just the cake piece and no chocolate drizzle and no whipped cream on it to make it fancy. when i talked to the new manager joe after the wedding and told him about what happened he said that the DJ should have went to his people and told them when he was going to do the cake cutting...haha ok, yet he is entertaining my guests his staff should contact him. the place is beautiful but i wouldnt waste your time the people were nice and made it seem like everything would be perfect but it certaintly was not!!!

Sent on 08/20/2011

Jessica · Married on 09/10/2011

0.4
      0.5

My experience summed up in excerpts of the letter I sent the venue after trying to recoup the refund due to us:\r\n\r\n-When you and I began our relationship our wedding was no where near the 120-140 your letter claims it to be. All paperwork from Lisa from the time we first met with Bob shows the correct number was approximately 90 guests. I mentioned at our follow-up meeting when we got to meet Joe that we were closer to 70 guests, and the final contract revision reflects this. Not once was I told that you were expecting a larger wedding, in fact, we were originally told if we were any bigger than the 90 we started out with, we wouldn\'t be able to have our ceremony on site.\r\n- We had a number of guests send their meat back to be cooked further as the filet was served really rare. The contract stated our food would be served with twice baked potatoes, angel haired carrots and broccoli. Steve mentioned to me as we were eating that night that the potatoes tasted like the re-heatable commercially available brands we would find in a store. And large baby carrots are not the angel haired ones as expected. I will say that the cake tasted amazing, but even that wasn\'t exactly as originally described. I was expecting chocolate cake, not marble. \r\n-As for the apparent accounting issues you had when issuing my refund check, I believe the problem came about because 2 of my vendors were sitting at a table with my guests as they ate. I made you aware of this when you mentioned the “vendors eat free” policy and was assured this would not pose a problem. \r\n-I also accepted the mix-up with the kid\'s meals without an issue. It wasn\'t listed in the addendums or mentioned to me until I was clearing things up for the final numbers that the only way to get kids plates for free was to only offer them chicken fingers and fries. I hope that you make that policy clearer in the future for other weddings so that they don\'t run into the same problem I did.

Sent on 09/20/2015