Main Street PO Box 451, Altamont, NY 12009 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 1

About Altamont Manor

Altamont Manor, an historic wedding venue in the Albany, New York area, is an 1894 Victorian Manor with elegant indoor and outdoor spaces. Couples can marry among lush gardens and antique accents.

Facilities and Capacity
The venue hosts up to 150 guests in its indoor and outdoor spaces. Couples can marry in the garden complete with a fountain and surrounded by trees. They could also exchange vows on the lawn, an outdoor space bordered by rose hedges. The lawn’s openness also caters well to outdoor receptions and cocktail hours. Inside, couples can choose to celebrate in the dining room, where large windows provide unobstructed views for miles. On clear days, attendees will glimpse mountaintops as far off as Massachusetts or Vermont. The Round Room provides an excellent setting for cakes and desserts.

The venue provides chairs, tables, linens and dance floors for couples’ weddings. They welcome outside vendors and offer the following services:

• Event planning

Altamont Manor 3
Altamont Manor 4
  • Eric

Eric Rosenberg · Married on 09/01/2019

Everything we could have hoped for!

Groom’s perspective:

Harvey had promised us that it wouldn’t rain on our wedding day if Kayla and I booked with him, and he was absolutely right; the weather was impeccable on our special day. It wasn’t just the weather that was wonderful, but quite honestly, everything was perfect on that day. Harvey had initially shown us the Manor in January of 2018 in winter, and although photos of previous weddings had somewhat prepared us for what it would look like on our wedding day of September 1st, 2019, it looked more beautiful than I was expecting day-of. The garden was gorgeous, perfect for photo opportunities, and the inside of the Manor was stunning itself. Many of our guests kept commending Kayla and I on our choice of venues, stating that it made them feel refined and even commenting on how much they liked its little unique touches, such as the shape of the bar (designed with curves to allow for people to mingle while standing near it) or the long porch that allowed guests to mingle outside during cocktail hour and dinner. Harvey made sure that the day went very smoothly, from facilitating setup and takedown of our catering and DJs (but giving them their own space to manage things as they saw fit), to preparing everybody during the rehearsal the day before, and—most importantly to me—helped to calm both me and Kayla down whenever the wedding stresses were accumulating and we needed reassurance that things would go smoothly. Kayla told me on multiple occasions that Harvey’s voice on the phone (his preferred method of communication) was incredibly soothing; couple that with the fact that he and his wife have been managing weddings at the Manor for many years, and one couldn’t help but feel relieved every time he took the effort to speak with us. Kayla and I are somewhat neurotic when it comes to planning, so the fact that Harvey had multiple ~30 – 45 minute phone calls with us to discuss logistics speaks to his kindness as not only one of our vendors, but as a person, too. Another example of his character was demonstrated to us when we had asked if our wedding, booked for the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, would be charged at a Saturday or Sunday rate since the following day would be a day off for most of our guests. Harvey smiled and told us that he was not there to “nickel and dime” his patrons, that he and his wife ran a small operation in renting the Manor out for weddings, and that he just wanted to make sure that we as his customers would be satisfied. To summarize what I’m trying to say—if you book with the Altamont Manor you will not only have a picturesque location for your wedding (hopefully without rain!), but you will also be investing in Harvey and his gracious family, who will be more than happy to ensure that your wedding day will be as wonderful as you ever dreamed it could be. I honestly have no complaints whatsoever about the Manor, and I think that most people would feel the same way, too. Our wedding day was the best day of my life, and the location was an important factor in that; do not pass up on a great opportunity of having your own wedding here!

Bride’s perspective:

After experiencing what I would say was truly the best day of my life (and my husband Eric’s), I would recommend Altamont Manor and Harvey’s services in an instant. I would truly rate this place 6/5 stars if I could because of how perfect everything was!

First off, there’s the venue itself. The grounds are absolutely stunning; Eric and I only had pictures to reference, since we had visited the venue back in January of last year. But Harvey took the time to meet with us and go through his extensive photo gallery of weddings held at the Manor, and photo after photo showed breathtaking gardens and a beautiful outdoor ceremony area (complete with an elegant trellis, a lovely fountain, and flowers galore). Banking on those photos, I think we made the right choice; seeing the grounds on the day of our wedding truly seemed unbelievable (in the best way possible). Plus, as Harvey had promised, it didn’t rain at all; the weather really was as good as we could have asked for in early September. In addition to the grounds, Altamont Manor comes complete with an adorable Victorian style house full of vintage touches that drew my husband and me to it immediately. The wraparound porch, the uniquely-shaped bar, the historic photos near the front, the vintage couches and chairs throughout the place—all of these had such charm to them, and we couldn’t help but fall in love with all of it. Everything about this place screams “photogenic”, which made for some really fun, creative photos with our photographer. Eric and I are not personally huge on “ballroom-style” weddings, but Altamont Manor provided the perfect blend of homeliness and elegance on our wedding day!

Second, there is Harvey—and I say this because when you book with Altamont Manor, you are not just getting the venue and grounds by any means. Harvey was an immense help throughout our planning process, and he essentially acted as a built-in wedding planner for us. He provided us with suggestions every step of the way, from when we should do parent/child dances during the night to making sure we let our guests know of our shuttle service going to and from the venue. He is thorough and detail-oriented, which was crucial to us, and his years of experience in the wedding industry really shows. He was willing to hop on several 30-60 minute calls with us leading up to our wedding day, and was flexible on the timing of those calls, too; we had several weeknight calls as well as a few calls on weekend days to work with our schedules. Last but certainly not least, Harvey truly provided Eric and me (I would say me especially!) with sound advice that helped calm us down when the wedding stress was getting to us. If I was ever freaking out about one aspect of the wedding planning, I would always feel better after talking with Harvey and being reassured—even his voice has a calming tone, which helped me as a neurotic bride feel a little more at peace! That was definitely not something to underestimate while tackling this beast called wedding planning!

To sum this up, if you want a stunning wedding venue with a low-key yet charming vintage vibe, a wedding planner with a can-do attitude, and an overall amazing experience, book Altamont Manor. I promise you will have the BEST wedding day, with everything around you only magnifying your love for your partner.

Sent on 09/11/2019

Altamont Manor's reply:

Hi Kayla and Eric. Thank you so much for the kind words. It's so nice to have couples appreciate and recognize all the work we put into every couples' wedding. As you said, we're not a typical banquet hall/wedding factory and were happy to hear that so many of your guests commented to you on the Altamont Manor's grounds and elegance. Thank you for taking the time to write such heartfelt and in depth reviews, and stop by now and again to say hello on anniversary dates.
    Harvey
  • Dana

Dana Allen · Married on 06/01/2019

Best venue around

Me and my fiancé just got married on June 1st 2019. Everything was absolutely perfect! I was getting compliments all night from my guests about how amazing the venue was. The rain held off until after we were done with our pictures. Perfect timing! I don’t think it rains on anyone’s weddings at the this place lol. The details and decorations of this place are perfect. It’s truly a romantic and enchanting venue! Harvey was super helpful and organized and made the day go smooth. 5 stars for The Altamont manor!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Altamont Manor FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 2,003.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 2,261.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Chairs, China, Clean Up, Event Planning, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 1
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Garden, Historic Building, Mansion
  • What event services do you offer? Event Planner, Event Rentals, Outside Vendors, Set Up
  • What event items are available? Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? April, November

Real Weddings

• Flowers Forever by Linda
    Flowers Forever by Linda Wedding Florists

Fabulous gardens and view to make your wedding close to nature yet elegant.

• Music Man Entertainment
    Music Man Entertainment Wedding DJs

The Altamont Manor is a spectular place to celebrate a Wedding Day! The Victorian Manor is beautiful! The grounds are picture perfect! Great setting for your Wedding Ceremony. Harvey is one of nicest guys in the business! 5 STARS!

• DJ Greg Frasier
    DJ Greg Frasier Wedding DJs

As a disc jockey, the Altamont Manor is one of my favorite places to work. Harvey keeps his grounds and garden beautifully groomed. Inside, the space makes me feel like it's a party in someone's home. When I turn up the music after dinner, there's enough room for everyone to get out there and have fun. I'm not the prop and group dance type of DJ, so my style fits right in.

• Main Street PO Box 451, PO Box 451 Altamont, NY, 12009 See on map