Altamont Manor

Up to 150 guests

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2k - $3k For 100 Guests
Up to 150 guests

Altamont Manor, an historic wedding venue in the Albany, New York area, is an 1894 Victorian Manor with elegant indoor and outdoor spaces. Couples can marry among lush gardens and antique accents.

Facilities and Capacity
The venue hosts up to 150 guests in its indoor and outdoor spaces. Couples can marry in the garden complete with a fountain and surrounded by trees. They could also exchange vows on the lawn, an outdoor space bordered by rose hedges. The lawn’s openness also caters well to outdoor receptions and cocktail hours. Inside, couples can choose to celebrate in the dining room, where large windows provide unobstructed views for miles. On clear days, attendees will glimpse mountaintops as far off as Massachusetts or Vermont. The Round Room provides an excellent setting for cakes and desserts.

The venue provides chairs, tables, linens and dance floors for couples’ weddings. They welcome outside vendors and offer the following services:

• Event planning
  • Event rentals
  • Setup
  • Shuttle
  • Parking

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$2,003

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$2,261

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Chairs
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Banquet Hall
Garden
Historic Building
Mansion

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party

What event services do you offer?

Event Planner
Event Rentals
Outside Vendors
Set Up

What event items are available?

Chairs
Dance Floor
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Shuttle
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

May
June
July
August
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

April
November

Lynn J. Married on 05/28/2022

Jeff and Lynn’s Wedding

Jeff and I wanted a venue with a beautiful Victorian style with outdoor as well as indoor beauty. The day was perfect! Dew on the leaves from the morning with the sun glistening! The outdoor ceremony was beautiful, white chairs and arch alter was perfect. Violinist, cocktail hour on the veranda, the beauty of the manor was exquisite. Our guests enjoyed a delicious meal, scrumptious cake and cookies all while Harvey, the owner orchestrated picture opportunities throughout the entire event. The bar was flowing and people danced the night away to a DJ that knew just what to play to keep the dance floor full! We had a wonderful start to our new married life❤️Thank you Harvey and Donna!

Hello Lynn and Jeff,
    What a wonderful poetic review. Thank you so much. We had a great time taking the photos as you were both so willing to have fun and work with us to take advantage of the Manor's many garden settings. I expect we'll be using a couple of your photos in our Manor materials. Thanks again. Harvey
  • Maggie
    Maggie S. Married on 10/16/2021

Beautiful Wedding!

My husband and I always knew that we were looking for a venue that was different from the typical “wedding factory.” We were searching for a venue that offered natural beauty, a vintage/classic feel, and many options for customization. We first visited The Altamont Manor in January, and even on the bleakest of days we knew right away we had found our venue. Harvey escorted us around the snow fallen grounds, and Victorian rooms inside. Upon meeting with Harvey and hearing about all of our options, we knew this venue perfect for our Fall wedding. When choosing the venue, you are choosing Harvey and Donna’s home. This ensures the utmost care for every detail from the flowers to the leaves on the grass. I am an extremely detail oriented person with many lists and DIY desires. Harvey managed this very well, and allowed me to do all of the decorations and preparations myself. This ability to create and set up the many personal touches for my big day was very important to me, and not allowed in many traditional venues. Harvey and Donna also photographed our wedding day, and made for such a seamless and well planned day. About 30 minutes before our ceremony, it poured rain. I really had dreamed of our ceremony outside down by the pond, and when the rain cleared with 5 minutes to spare Harvey and Donna helped gather all of our guests outside for the ceremony. Their level of flexibility and reassurance that all would go to plan truly set my mind at ease. I would highly recommend The Altamont Manor for any couple looking for a different experience from your traditional wedding factory. You will be guaranteed a personal and memorable day.

Hello Maggie,
    I think you're probably one of the luckiest brides we've ever had at the Altamont Manor. You managed to have it stop raining for not only the ceremony but we were able to squeeze in outdoor photos in between periods of rain. :-)). I appreciate your sending us a Christmas card using one of the photos. I remember all us walking past the Manor, across the parking lot and part way up the driveway for the shot. The whole time I'm thinking "come on, come on we have to get back and beat the rain. We're living on borrowed time and we have so many other shots to get in." And then to hear that you just got back from your honeymoon to St. Lucia, beating the probable upcoming Covid travel restrictions makes me think that you do have a guardian angel.

I also want to thank you for recognizing the extra effort we put in to make each couple's wedding special. To quote from your review "I am an extremely detail oriented person with many lists and DIY desires. Harvey managed this very well, and allowed me to do all of the decorations and preparations myself." I'm heartened by that comment in particular because one of the statements that we make to prospective couples that visit is that we truly help them get the wedding of their dreams. Let's face it, every venue promises the moon when they're selling. Your comment gives credibility to our statement. It's not just "selling and promising," ...it's delivering on that promise. Thanks so much
    Juliana M. Married on 09/26/2021

Amazing venue!

I had my baby shower here in late September and it was perfect! The venue was stunning and the grounds were gorgeously kept. Everyone who we worked with was kind, responsive, helpful, and patient, and the day went by without a hitch. The setting looked like a scene from a fairytale, and I can’t say enough good things about this place. Thank you to the entire Altamont Manor family!

Hi Julianna,
    Thank you for sharing your experience at the Altamont Manor. While the event was in the dining room it was heartening to see virtually everyone who attended go out to the sunken garden to enjoy the day further and take lots of photos. Thank you again.
    Harvey

27 photos · 08/06/2021
  • Dana & Mark
    62 photos · 06/01/2019

Flowers Forever by Linda Flowers Forever by Linda Wedding Florists

Fabulous gardens and view to make your wedding close to nature yet elegant.

Music Man Entertainment Music Man Entertainment Wedding DJs

The Altamont Manor is a spectular place to celebrate a Wedding Day! The Victorian Manor is beautiful! The grounds are picture perfect! Great setting for your Wedding Ceremony. Harvey is one of nicest guys in the business! 5 STARS!

DJ Greg Frasier DJ Greg Frasier Wedding DJs

As a disc jockey, the Altamont Manor is one of my favorite places to work. Harvey keeps his grounds and garden beautifully groomed. Inside, the space makes me feel like it's a party in someone's home. When I turn up the music after dinner, there's enough room for everyone to get out there and have fun. I'm not the prop and group dance type of DJ, so my style fits right in.

Main Street PO Box 451, PO Box 451 Altamont, NY, 12009
Location of (Altamont Manor)

Other vendors in Albany for your wedding

Wedding Venues